Remove this Banner Ad

For me it's BG3 and then TotK a distant second.

Jedi Survivor and Spiderman are great but not bringing much new to the table. They can get a nomination but realistically they're not in the conversation for me.

For me it's BG3 and then TotK a distant second.

Jedi Survivor and Spiderman are great but not bringing much new to the table. They can get a nomination but realistically they're not in the conversation for me.
Agree on Jedi Survivor - it was a good, solid game that I thoroughly enjoyed, but not GOTY worthy.

I haven't played the others yet, but out of curiosity, does TotK really bring much new to the table? From the bits and pieces I've seen it does look quite derivative of the original, and I have seen that criticism around a bit.

I haven't played enough of the year's releases to have a strong opinion but it seems BG3 should run away with it.

I would almost have Jedi Survivor above TOTK at this point. Just had a much better time with it.

No mentions of Resident Evil 4 in this thread so far.

I would almost have Jedi Survivor above TOTK at this point. Just had a much better time with it.

No mentions of Resident Evil 4 in this thread so far.
RE4 was great, but I struggle to have a remake challenging new games in a GOTY count. Same deal with Dead Space, which was good enough to be in the conversation.

Seems like Alan Wake II should be in the running too, but haven't yet played.

Great year for horror.

Agree on Jedi Survivor - it was a good, solid game that I thoroughly enjoyed, but not GOTY worthy.

I haven't played the others yet, but out of curiosity, does TotK really bring much new to the table? From the bits and pieces I've seen it does look quite derivative of the original, and I have seen that criticism around a bit.

I haven't played enough of the year's releases to have a strong opinion but it seems BG3 should run away with it.

Without venturing into spoiler territory, it is significantly different to the point of making BotW feel obsolete.

Comparatively, I could easily go back and play Fallen Order and not miss anything too much. Same with Spiderman; they are both excellent extensions of their prequels, whereas I would say TotK is a significant expansion.

Seems like Alan Wake II should be in the running too, but haven't yet played.

Absolutely will be. As an experience it's a masterpiece and a work of art. Being a survival horror might be a barrier for many, as well as while it is accessible to new players the best experience is probably for those with an understanding of Remedy's connected universe. However it's leaving an impression on me that I haven't experienced in very many games ever and at least not for years.

I can still see BG3 winning the most awards from critics. It is hands down the best pure RPG since the golden era of isometric RPGs. It will be the type of game that is polished and re-released for new generations, it will have people replaying it or playing it for the first time for the next 10 years and it has created characters like Astarion who have become iconic.

In saying that, just personally I wasn't expecting to be so affected by AW2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back