2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think casboult may retire before the mid season draft since he is behind read and day? Someone else also said on here his knee is no good

Where would Jarrod Berry fit into our best 22 ;)

Where would Jarrod Berry fit into our best 22 ;)

2 way running winger

Berry Fiorini and Clohesy is nice

Makes sense on both counts.

Reportedly been paid like an A grader when he had leverage and we were ordinary. If he stays he has accept a deal that reflects where he is in the pecking order. The lower half of the best 23.
This is going to happen a bit more over the next few years, the top end players will need to be prioritised and the middle tier will get bigger offers elsewhere. Bit of a role change as we have always been the team throwing stupid money at average players. Would still love to keep ainsworth and sounds like he's keen to stay but he has a decision to either chase the cash or stick around to try and achieve something with a group of guys he's been through some hard times with.

DIMMA READIES FOR FIRST TIGER POACHING

Gold Coast’s interest in Richmond star Daniel Rioli is real, according to the Herald Sun’s Jay Clark, and the Tigers could land a healthy sum in return.

The 27-year-old is contracted until the end of 2027 and there were conflicting reports over whether he spoke with the Suns and his former coach Damien Hardwick during a recent trip to southeast Queensland.

But Clark told Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle “where there’s smoke, there’s a little bit of fire”.

“And I think the Gold Coast Suns are just eyeing Daniel Rioli at the halfway point of the season, and will be very interested in his services,” Clark said.

The Suns would need to give something up to land Rioli, given he is contracted, but they have a healthy suite of 2024 draft selections including two first-rounders - their own, and the Western Bulldogs’ pick.

The Bulldogs' first was floated as a fair price for Rioli given it is likely to fall just inside or outside the top 10 picks.

“If you were Richmond, and this is a fascinating situation ... there could be, not an exodus, but a torrent of players coming out of that club,” Clark explained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smugs on Midweek Tackle were talking 2 years 1.5M contract for Martin. Crazy.

As in $750 per year? Remember Dusty brings a bit more than just on field. He will help fill the stadium, give us a nice spike in attendance I reckon. 750 seems a lot but over next few years with salary cap increasing it may not be…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As in $750 per year? Remember Dusty brings a bit more than just on field. He will help fill the stadium, give us a nice spike in attendance I reckon. 750 seems a lot but over next few years with salary cap increasing it may not be…

Yeah, 750K per year. They also talked about Martin looking disinterested and probably retiring or just one more year with Tigers.

As the media have pointed out the messaging seems to have changed from dimma on where we're at. Lets wait and see if the second half of the season clicks like we hope. If not dusty is more a cherry on top kinda prospect where as we need to get some fundamentals right before that trade makes sense

I say let him walk if he's asking too much. What "too much" is I'm not sure but he's not going to be in the top 15 players at the club moving forward.
We lack quick nice skilled players..link up players
Rogers and Lombard could come in and match him in a few years though

I say let him walk if he's asking too much. What "too much" is I'm not sure but he's not going to be in the top 15 players at the club moving forward.

If some team other there pays first round compo ofc let him walk. I reckon our offer is 650-700k which is 2nd round compo you’ll think

Only going off he been on $600k and hasn’t really done anything to deserve a pay cut

If some team other there pays first round compo ofc let him walk. I reckon our offer is 650-700k which is 2nd round compo you’ll think

Only going off he been on $600k and hasn’t really done anything to deserve a pay cut
Hasn’t done anything to deserve a payrise either.

His best football is sporadic. A free agent forward that never kicked more than 25 goals in a season and never accumulates enough of the ball to be a midfielder. His goalkicking is woeful at times.

I like Ainsworth and feel he probably isn't always used properly, but at a certain point it is on the player to perform a consistent role.

I’d rather keep him. But if a club wants him for overs we let him walk. If he wants to stay at market rate or below, fine. Can’t pay for potential anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back