2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Tweak to the made up formula of free agency compensation, now includes length of deal.

If Saints get a band 1 compensation atm pick 6 for Josh Battle.

You push him out the front door

Battle has turned into a very good defender, if I were the Saints I would take the sure thing over a draft pick. However, if he is going to leave regardless of what you put in front of him, pick 6 is a nice pick up.

Would laugh if the AFL decided to adjust the FA compo on top of the academy issues.

Battle has turned into a very good defender, if I were the Saints I would take the sure thing over a draft pick. However, if he is going to leave regardless of what you put in front of him, pick 6 is a nice pick up.

Would laugh if the AFL decided to adjust the FA compo on top of the academy issues.
Don’t think the Saints have a team to fight for premierships.
Need to do a mini rebuild

My thoughts only.

So Richmond will trade two Rioli's under contract for the same price?

How do you think that would go down at Richmond?

Great outcome for the Suns with the NT alignment and other NT boys playing there.

Not great for Richmond list managers, the CEO and board who would be condemned and run out of town.

If it needs both to move to work Suns are paying a kings ransom. Rioli's are royalty at Tiger land. Or it doesnt happen. If they are sticking together they stay at Richmond IMO.
It wasn't my theory. One of the articles suggested that the price for Dan Rioli would be two first rounders and then added that Maurice being thrown into the deal wouldn't really change the price. So maybe the deal was two Riolis all along and the club is willing to give up two first rounders for the pair of them?

Considering we're going to have to match a top 10 bid for Lombard, I think we're in a similar scenario to last year where it would be foolish of us to just let our picks get eaten up by academy bids and should look into trading options. If we land two Riolis and Lombard then that's a pretty good off season for us and if we can also put ourselves in a good position to match a bid for Zeke Uwland next year then that's even better.

For people who were wondering, MRJ has similar (if not better in things like goals) stats to Holman this year, even in tackling.

So, as a young player, could be a better option in an area where we only have Rosas coming through. Better than Ace or Cheat Code. Puts pressure on Rosas, and at best pushes out Holman, Berry or Long.

Don’t hate it. We get an A grade halfback and a developing small forward in one trade. Add in Lombard (more of a mid) and let Rogers develop and now we have some depth there. So if he is steak knives for a deal, not the worst.
This is definitely a great point. We are seriously lacking in small forward depth and as you've pointed out we'd most likely be getting more goals and tackles from MRJ than a guy like Holman who has played 12/14 games this year. Maurice is 21 so there's obviously potential for him to develop further, but he's currently an upgrade on both Holman and Berry in terms of output anyway. I think we should go for it if it guarantees us Dan Rioli. A small forward brigade of Rosas, Long and M.Rioli could be deadly.

Check out the pressure Maurice puts on at stages throughout the match and tell me we don't need more of that in our forward line:

Honestly after 2 ACLs Weller is probably not going to be the player we thought he could be, as what has happened with Buda.

My ideal defense IF Rioli came in is:

Uwland - Collins - Powell
Andrew - Ballard - Rioli

Even if it isn't Rioli we need someone to fill that spot, and if we need to overpay, so be it.
I agree totally, but would stiull be very happy if we went and sourced a ready made key back who could match it with the Charlie Curnow types of the comp. I'm a massive fan of sam collins and the rest of the backline, but in a genuin on-one-one they get towelled up regularly. I just think thats a another missing piece for us.

Personally, don't rate Dan Rioli

We have Powell, Uwland, Sexton, Jeffrey etc to play that attacking half back role. He's probably a little bit quicker than some of those guys but he's not even close to being worth 2 first round picks.

I recognise the draft is a crap shoot and picking a known quantity is usually the better way to go, but he really just isn't that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after tearing through the reigning premiers with run and dash..

Is the Rioli trade more favourable or less favourable for the supposable x 2 first Rd picks now?
Would need to see it against more defensive sides like St Kilda & Freo.

Pies let us cut thru their zone pretty easily

Rioli right now.

Ben King and Jed Walter rn after thinking about getting Rioli and Cumming...

phone business GIF by Salesforce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back