2024/25 AFLTM Off-Season Discussion

I understand the Off-Season Rules and commit to actively participating in all off-season activities

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking to trade one of picks 10 or 13 for a player, for anyone looking to get into this years talented draft.
I see a deal in your future

1729761604462.png

If I were to amnesty Walters would I be able to veteranise Heeney?
In short, yes. But it's not the only option to get to veteranising Heeney.

Walters hasn't had the veteran tag applied to him yet. He is contracted and previously had the veteran status tagged on this contract. That means that if he remains on your list it has to be as a veteran. You also have used three of your four available veteran tags so far. That gives you several options with Walters:
  • Re apply the veteran tag, and he will remain on your list and take up the 4th veteran slot (Heeney or anyone else will not be able to be veteranised at this point as all yoru available veteran slots will be used)
  • Trade him to another team (this will allow you to veteranise Heeney or another eligible player)
  • Delist him (gives you same options as the second dot point, but obviously delisting means you will be paying part of his salary despite not being on your list.)
  • Amnesty him (same as the third dot point, but you pay 0% of his salary and he reenters the player market essentially as your uncontracted player, meaning you can try and retain through bidding, or trade him at that point)

In short, yes. But it's not the only option to get to veteranising Heeney.

Walters hasn't had the veteran tag applied to him yet. He is contracted and previously had the veteran status tagged on this contract. That means that if he remains on your list it has to be as a veteran. You also have used three of your four available veteran tags so far. That gives you several options with Walters:
  • Re apply the veteran tag, and he will remain on your list and take up the 4th veteran slot (Heeney or anyone else will not be able to be veteranised at this point as all yoru available veteran slots will be used)
  • Trade him to another team (this will allow you to veteranise Heeney or another eligible player)
  • Delist him (gives you same options as the second dot point, but obviously delisting means you will be paying part of his salary despite not being on your list.)
  • Amnesty him (same as the third dot point, but you pay 0% of his salary and he reenters the player market essentially as your uncontracted player, meaning you can try and retain through bidding, or trade him at that point)
Awesome, thanks mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/25 AFLTM Off-Season Discussion

Back