2024-25 Pero Cameron Super League

What Injury rules should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, looks like two IL+ slots won the poll, however I stuffed up when I began the season without changing the IL slots and I now cannot remove the traditional IL slot. So we will be stuck with one IL slot, and one IL+ slot. This may actually be a decent compromise, but we can reassess for next season.

Teams shouldn't be throwing players on IL when the season hasn't even started.

Makes a mockery of the IL position when its being used to stack players before a game has even been played.
Disagree. If you've got an injured player, why wouldn't you move him to the IL slot and pick up another player if you want to? Why do you have to wait until the season actually starts to actually manage your team?

Disagree. If you've got an injured player, why wouldn't you move him to the IL slot and pick up another player if you want to? Why do you have to wait until the season actually starts to actually manage your team?

Because until the season starts an INJ tag next to a player on the site doesn't mean a thing.

Should be starting week one game one with all IL spots empty until injuries are fully confirmed.

Using it as a strategy to stock players isn't what it's there for before a season even begins.

Because until the season starts an INJ tag next to a player on the site doesn't mean a thing.

Should be starting week one game one with all IL spots empty until injuries are fully confirmed.

Using it as a strategy to stock players isn't what it's there for before a season even begins.
The spot is there to be used and it’s been used for the last 20 years of this league. There’s no change in behaviour here. I’ve added Mark Williams to the IL, and I’ve not picked anyone up as yet because I’m not sure if I’ll need to - but if I need to before the season starts, I will, just like I’ve done under the same circumstances every other year.

The spot is there to be used and it’s been used for the last 20 years of this league. There’s no change in behaviour here. I’ve added Mark Williams to the IL, and I’ve not picked anyone up as yet because I’m not sure if I’ll need to - but if I need to before the season starts, I will, just like I’ve done under the same circumstances every other year.

Which is what I'm saying.

You're waiting until the season starts to see if they are actually even going to be missing games before you add a replacement.

I’m not overly concerned with this happening. As stated above the slots are there to be used, and if players have the relevant designation, I’m comfortable for them to be used accordingly.

Given the season is just a couple of days away, no changes are required for this season. However, if a majority of managers have concerns with this happening, we can introduce a rule next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if you have Porzingis, Strus, M.Robinson etc., the INJ tag means nothing? Based on your theory, these 3 guys will be playing the first game of the season, but once the calendar magically flips over to the first day of the season, they will legitimately become injured? Why should managers with these players in their teams sit and wait while potentially a great pick up is there available for them? We all play by the same rules with Yahoo determining who is and who isn't eligible for IL slots.

So if you have Porzingis, Strus, M.Robinson etc., the INJ tag means nothing? Based on your theory, these 3 guys will be playing the first game of the season, but once the calendar magically flips over to the first day of the season, they will legitimately become injured? Why should managers with these players in their teams sit and wait while potentially a great pick up is there available for them? We all play by the same rules with Yahoo determining who is and who isn't eligible for IL slots.

Because trading a player in and trading one out should take precedence until the season starts.

There might be a great pick up, but giving up nothing to roster them preseason doesn't seem right.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024-25 Pero Cameron Super League

Back