Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent crowd but if there was a game for the pies and blues to exceed 90K+ this was it.
manicmagpie PonsfordMagpie were there big gaps in the pies members areas? or MCC members?
On TV I could see some empty gaps but nothing major. You wonder where the 13.5K spare seats were.
I agree. A terrific crowd. I thought it’d be in that 27-30k range. But then of course we’re at that time of year when teams have ‘member recognition round’ and the show rate from Roos fans looked excellent which probably played a part. And an interesting contest that could either way too.

Collingwood v Carlton = 86,879
Thats as good as you’ll get. As Rouel_14 said, member bays were a telling driver of why it wasn’t 90k+. Also, one downside to games getting much higher pre sales, much earlier is that when the games arrive, life changes and some can’t go. The Blues drop off too might’ve played very slightly into this. This last factor, whilst small, all adds up to why it’s ‘only’ 86,900.

The transformation of the ladder in recent times is staggering. At one stage it looked like Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon could all potentially get double chances.

Now we may not even get a prelim at the G!
Yeah! Amazing. Four weeks ago interstate Presidents, coaches and even their boot stuffers were complaining about their plight with travel and fairness of fixtures. Now they’re top 4 teams! And they’ve gone quiet.

Pies v Blues looked packed.

Can't believe it didn't register 95k plus.

Sounded loud too. Would of been amazing game to attend.
Richmond fans love to stand.
We do not love the stand rule though.

So why would dusty 300th played between the bottom placed team and a non big crowd drawing team , hawthorn played on the worst timeslot draw 93k, and Pendles 400th on a Saturday night between 2 teams trying to make finals draw 86k?
actually Saturday twilight is actually the best time slot much more family friendly. Also Collingwood have the most reserved seat holders in the Victoria so if our reserve seat holder don’t turn up it effects the crowd numbers.

Also are you trying to say Richmond are bigger than Collingwood again? Sorry but this is an argument you most definitely will not win and more than happy to take it to bay 13…….

This is juat as laughable, a fortnight after drawing less than 19,000 to the ‘G, as claiming a team that has drawn 65,000 plus to half the games at the MCG is ‘low drawing’

Back to the Bay blaisee goes :rainbow:

Perhaps they'll ship out Martin for a farewell to prevent a 15,000 gate against the Suns?

Unlike you Hawkk to be potting teams attendances. Our lowest at the G has been around 19K in last two decades so 15K come on you dont seriously believe that, you've taken the bait it seems.

Didn't anyone get the number for the cats game and the port game? Unless I missed it, doesn't seem to have been posted, both looked decent.

Also Collingwood have the most reserved seat holders in the Victoria so if our reserve seat holder don’t turn up it effects the crowd numbers.

Really? Apart from ponsford stand where else does Collingwood have reserved seating, You may be right but just curious to know because in ponsford stand there are 15K seating and we know thats collingwoods. Does Collingwood have reserved seating in Southern or Olympic stands i went to pies v rich and i didn't see reserved pies members in level 1 Southern or Olympic maybe you had level 2. I know pies have the most AFL members.

Richmond has 19k reserved seating members and bombers from what I know have as many as Richmond.
Maybe dave10 can verify bombers numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Apart from ponsford stand where else does Collingwood have reserved seating, You may be right but just curious to know because in ponsford stand there are 15K seating and we know thats collingwoods. Does Collingwood have reserved seating in Southern or Olympic stands i went to pies v rich and i didn't see reserved pies members in level 1 Southern or Olympic maybe you had level 2. I know pies have the most AFL members.

Richmond has 19k reserved seating members and bombers from what I know have as many as Richmond.
We have reserved seats on levels M and N in the Olympic and reserved seats & bays in M, N and P in the Southern.

I can't find the numbers anywhere but I've heard in the past they have about 30k reserved seat members.

We have reserved seats on levels M and N in the Olympic and reserved seats & bays in M, N and P in the Southern.

I can't find the numbers anywhere but I've heard in the past they have about 30k reserved seat members.

I was in the southern stand (level 1) and it was mixed with tigers and pies fans. Didn't pay much attention to level 2 which we know doesnt have as many reserved seats as in the open M sec

Crowd: 28,939 at GMHBA Stadium - I was there and that figure seems low despite the gaps.

Crowd: 37,051 at Adelaide Oval

Any truth to the anecdotal evidence that they are not great at scanning tickets properly at Kardinia Park? Heard a few people say they got waved through because the hand held scanners didn’t pick up their tickets.

When I went to the Hawthorn game there the set up seemed amateurish but my ticket did get scanned properly. The figure that day really seemed low considering how packed it looked.

3 years ago Essendon had 18,500 reserved seat members but the clubs members are pretty disengaged, reflected in their membership number, I’d suggest it’s below 18,500 in 2024. Perhaps ~16-17,000 I reckon. But I’m guessing on that.

Any truth to the anecdotal evidence that they are not great at scanning tickets properly at Kardinia Park? Heard a few people say they got waved through because the hand held scanners didn’t pick up their tickets.

When I went to the Hawthorn game there the set up seemed amateurish but my ticket did get scanned properly. The figure that day really seemed low considering how packed it looked.

I've never had any issues myself but from experience of going to the new ground this year, I do see others being waved through. It's not as slick an operation as at the big Melbourne stadia. One thing to watch down here is how quickly the new, improved stadium glow wears off as it did in Adelaide. I expected tickets would be like hens' teeth but it wasn't too much of an issue getting one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back