Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Thsts my understanding too.. The AFL will and needs to look beyond AFL to grow its commercial pie. Concerts being a big one but also growing the $$ generated inside the building but not necessarily on the field.

They've got a heap of big concerts at marvel post 24 and pre 25 season.

I often wonder what their cut is from a concert. Does anybody know how much it would be? I assume something like 30 percent?

Concerts at marvel would have revenue anywhere from $10 to 20 million each you'd think.

Last edited:
I’ve said this for years but once Tasmania comes in, I would love to see Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn all have a 6/5 MCG / Marvel split of games.

Leave Collingwood, Richmond and Melbourne at the MCG full time and you have a 3 / 3 / 3 MCG / Hybrid / Marvel mix in Melbourne.

Fix up the stadium deals and allow the Marvel clubs to play home finals at Marvel - we used to have a Waverley final every year so we have precedence if the AFL can secure a deal with the MCC (more Essendon and Carlton games will help)

The security will allow the clubs to sell 11 home game packages with a reserve seat for all games
Hard pass on that for Hawthorn.

Not sure that quota is a thing with AFL ownership. I mean they need to do enough to make the stadium profitable,,,
Still a thing, as Marvel/AFL has contracts with security and catering that will guarantee a minimum number of games/events and minimum attendance (for catering/bev revenue)

They've got a heap of big concerts at marvel post 24 and pre 25 season.

I often wonder what their cut is from a concert. Does anybody know how much it would be? I assume something like 30 percent?

Concerts at marvel would have revenue anywhere from $10 to 20 million each you'd think.
Marvel fixed costs are paid for by 45 AFL games a year, so that thery can offer the stadium for cheap for other events. Their cut, whatever it is, is nearly all profit.

Marvel fixed costs are paid for by 45 AFL games a year, so that thery can offer the stadium for cheap for other events. Their cut, whatever it is, is nearly all profit.

Yes, Marvel is underwritten by a set number of AFL games with everything else a potential bonus.
In a competitive market they probably can undercut the opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back