Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon there were big attendances from East Freo and Swan Districts for the Reserves and Colts game respectively, who didn’t then stick around for the League game.

So the attendance is probably right, just they were never all there at the same time.

I reckon there were big attendances from East Freo and Swan Districts for the Reserves and Colts game respectively, who didn’t then stick around for the League game.

So the attendance is probably right, just they were never all there at the same time.

The reserves started at 9am- we also went to the GF last year to watch Swans play in the reserves against West Perth and there was hardly anyone there that early. I took a bunch of photos as we went to support Lawson Humphries and when I checked them there is hardly anyone at the ground…

With only one game of footy left in the 2024 AFL season (plus the rest of the AFLW season), I just want to say thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread this season.

The timely attendance announcements, the interesting statistics and the in depth analysis, it’s all been a great read.

With only one game of footy left in the 2024 AFL season (plus the rest of the AFLW season), I just want to say thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread this season.

The timely attendance announcements, the interesting statistics and the in depth analysis, it’s all been a great read.
The yearly crowd thread and the footy industry board is easily my favourite thread/board on bigfooty.

Same. Always happy to post the Carrara crowds. Im hoping for more numbers starting with a 18,19 and 20 next season and beyond.

If you have never come up to watch your team, make the effort. Its a good weekend quick break. And happy to give ideas for your stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article in The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...e-mcg-capacity-sydney-swans-vs-brisbane-lions

The AFL claims the MCG could be filled four times over on grand final day, but that’s of little help to the team tasked with ensuring the attendance figure actually reaches the magical six figures.

Melbourne’s grand old ground is one of barely a dozen in the world with a capacity over 100,000, and its showpiece event this Saturday is a chance to demonstrate the stadium in all its grandeur.

But the reported attendance figure is only an approximation of how many will actually be in the ground on Saturday. Pushing the official attendance through the 90,000s and into six figures is a key focus for the Melbourne Cricket Club, which operates the venue.

The past five grand finals held at the MCG have cracked the threshold of 100,000 according to the formal attendance figures, which are widely accepted to be the number of sold tickets.

Some fans reported seeing empty seats at the sold out grand final last year, raising the question of whether patrons who have bought tickets but do not attend are included in the official tally. The MCC declined to elaborate on how it counts attendance, but confirmed the ground’s capacity was “reached” last year. With several thousand staff also on site, the number of people at the ground is likely to be significantly more than 100,000.

I've always thought on GF day they get a bit lax with the number of people legally allowed in to the MCC and into corporate boxes and the figure could actually be a bit higher than 100,024 but they can't say so.

I've always thought on GF day they get a bit lax with the number of people legally allowed in to the MCC and into corporate boxes and the figure could actually be a bit higher than 100,024 but they can't say so.
Can confirm this from an MCC staffer I know, they have let in a fair few more than 100,024 in the past with the MCC allowing more people into the MCC Standing Room than they should.

Can confirm this from an MCC staffer I know, they have let in a fair few more than 100,024 in the past with the MCC allowing more people into the MCC Standing Room than they should.
This reminds me of the 2015 Big Bash semi final at Adelaide Oval where simply way more SACA members showed up than anyone expected and the members stand was crazily overcrowded with people sitting in the stairs etc.

The final attendance was apparently given at 48,699 but this has to be a lie.

Level 1 allocation is now filled, I'd say anywhere between 200-500 level 4 seats remain plus standing room.

The MCC released a limited number of tix to restricted members and they sold out in minutes. If the remaining full member allocations aren't gobbled up by 12pm, I think it would be safe to say more restricted member tickets will be released.

Pretty confident now that every seat will be sold in the MCC, despite a low showing this morning. GO LIONS!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-09-28 at 11.10.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-09-28 at 11.10.13 AM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back