AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

2416 for the week and up 2 spots to 16th overall.

Slow crawl to the top ten, however running out of time. I need some type of carnage over the next two rounds to make the jump up (while avoiding it myself.) As I still have a trade, have a decent F7 in Miers / Daniels and Salem floating between D/M.

rd22: 2390pts (top 7%)
overall: 63rd (top 1%)... up 2 spots
trades: 3

Sheezel + Sinclair + Martin + Heeney + Moore + Marshall(c) + Gawn + Bont + Merrett + Dawson = :thumbsu:
not owning Ryan + Xerri = :thumbsdown:
losing my final by 4pts when my opponent didn't have Gulden = :cryv1:

held my ranking after trading IN Treloar and Stewart (which didn't work)
will probably do Dowling -> 161k mid as my final downgrade
will probably keep my last 2 trades for the final round... team is quite settled and very strong atm
however, Xerri must be stopped... if there's 1 player that's cost me this year... it's him !!

2416 for the week and up 2 spots to 16th overall.

Slow crawl to the top ten, however running out of time. I need some type of carnage over the next two rounds to make the jump up (while avoiding it myself.) As I still have a trade, have a decent F7 in Miers / Daniels and Salem floating between D/M.
Lol, I made the mistake of getting Salem too. Doing the same thing with him as you are.

Lol, I made the mistake of getting Salem too. Doing the same thing with him as you are.
I can’t complain too much, as a lot of things have gone right for me this year. However keeping Salem has been one of my biggest mistakes of the year, if not the biggest.

The decision to keep him over Stewart after their bye, while justifying the extra ~100k for his DPP has probably cost me a top 10 finish.

But hey I’m a sucker for punishment at times.

Up to 23rd with a 2,440.

The win of benching Daicos/Holmes offset by wearing Young's score in Daicos's place. Peatling's 83 as F6 I'm really happy with, until Dylan Moore went gangbusters and punished me for not having him. No Bont/Sinclair/Newman hurts too. And trading out Keays a week after getting him when he didn't have the role has proven a right **** up.

One trade left, 361k in the bank. 24 'premiums' including Peatling. Sheezel seems in doubt? But other than that clean bill of health so I'm going to assume I can proactively use it this week.

Thankfully with North on Sunday (Dawson/Maley) and StK Sat Night (Hall) I can loop how I want. Think with the Bedford threat I have to EMG Serong this week? And probably Young given his formline. Then if both do well, maybe Holmes & Daicos/Martin can sit this week. Tough with Holmes's matchup.

With the R24 fixture I'll be able to probably loop Holmes as D7 and one of Daicos/Martin as M9 next week, which is nice.

I guess my ?s with the trade is whether I use it to punt a def/mid I don't love (Holmes, Serong, Daicos, Young, Martin) and don't worry about the cash, or use it to punt a forward.

It's enough to get Dowling up to any forward - And Moore with his run home makes sense. But Kennedy with the role and run is interesting too.

Issue is, if I move Dowling up, I lose a loop next week. So it'd mean I have to choose which of mid/fwd to loop.

I could move Simpkin or Peatling up instead and retain that flexibility, but doing so would mean a weaker player would be looping forward (probably Mannagh). Whereas if I move Dowling up, Moore becomes F5 and I'd loop 2 of Peatling/Simpkin/Mannagh for F6 this week and have to just run the gauntlet next week.

Is Mannagh against the eagles worth a punt? Gut says no, especially when Moore against Richmond is the cost of running him emg. Maybe I actually just trade Mannagh instead to Moore and keep Dowling for that flexibility.

Peatling surely keeps the role even with Cogs back - 10 coaches votes against Brisbane on the weekend in an unreal away win, 6 a fortnight ago against Melbourne - surely he keeps it?

Sheezel out - burn the trade on him or not? Hard one.

If you have the trades, move Sheez for another premo as we(North) might just put him out to pasture.

I'm caught with both Sheez and English out with only 1 trade remaining

I have bench cover with L.Humphries in Def for Sheez, so need to look at English options. $100 bucks short of Marshall. Gawn looks to be next off the ranks. Surely they can't rest him in the last round, they've got no other ruck options, have they?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2482 for the week, having Daniels seems like the big win. Hopefully another slight rise in the rankings.

Out of trades though, so next week might be interesting.
Talk about being kissed on the chode. How on earth did you come up with grabbing him in the first place, his scoring across the season hardly screamed "pick me" !!

Talk about being kissed on the chode. How on earth did you come up with grabbing him in the first place, his scoring across the season hardly screamed "pick me" !!
Haha, was a strategic pickup.

Made the decision while needing to trade Sexton and Fisher. I already had Heeeney, Flanders, Zorko, Caldwell and Moore, so I decided to double down on forwards not just for backup but to loop the best score. Wasn’t sold on Daniher or McKay, Rankine too damaging to be a consistent DTer and could only have one of Miers / Cameron.

Daniels score stacked up well enough against that tier of players, they had a few injuries and I like the potential role.

rd23: 2456pts (top 1%) :)
overall: 46th (top 1%)... up 17 spots
trades: 1

Merrett the only let down :(

traded IN Xerri and made him captain for a slight gain... (traded OUT Gawn)
also traded OUT Sheezel -> Kennedy (Young -> def)
ended up benching Kennedy 104 in favour of Mannagh's 83... :thumbsdown:
ended up benching Young 73 in favour of Roberts' 95... :thumbsu:

with 1 round to go, i have the highest team value out of anyone ranked inside the top100... :thumbsu: :eekv1:
46th (overall) is my highest ever ranking in RDT... hopefully i can stay inside the top50... :thumbsu:
with 1 trade left, i'd like to do something about Young(D6)... (i can afford anyone below 823k)
hopefully Sheezel doesn't play in the last round
and Butters must be stopped !!

Simpkin -> Rivers (Young -> mid)

final squad:
D - Whitfield, Martin, Daicos, Sinclair, Stewart, Rivers, [Roberts, Schoenmaker]
M - Treloar, Gulden, Bont, Dunkley, Merrett, Dawson, Green, Rozee, [Young, Dowling, Trew]
R - Marshall(c), Xerri(vc), [Jackson]
F - Zorko, Flanders, Heeney, Caldwell, Moore, Kennedy, [Mannagh, Livingstone]

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back