AFL 2024 - AFL ROUND 18

Remove this Banner Ad

What was Butler 10+ tackles paying?

only the second time he has achieved that in his career.

Coincidentally, his previous achievement was also against Adelaide, and in both games he recorded 10 tackles, 5 kicks and 4 handballs.

was he even though?
a month back he got sent forward in the 2nd half and kicked 2.2, and then for a few weeks I backed him for goals.
So it seems that any time essendon are getting shat on they send him forward
I did the same ****en thing, we were all on him that week for the 2.2 aswell, at like 71s for 4

frustrating as ****

Quinton Narkle Anytime Goalscorer
Ollie Lord Anytime Goalscorer
Ben Long Anytime Goalscorer
Ben Ainsworth Anytime Goalscorer

$5.44

**** going out in a town that doesn't have campaignering Ubers, my advice
yea also adelaide clubs/pubs were so busy tonight after the crows win, think every man and his dog have hit the town as there was no country footy on this weekend and its school holidays too. tried to get into 'shotgun willies' for a drink, but freakin' line ups to get in everywhere..

Last edited:
why has Carlton gone back to 2 Ruck? they were in peak form with De Koning basically the form ruck of AFL solo with Mckay helping out... yes it eases his workload but he just came off a week where he was freshened up due to soreness.... also Voss is getting too cute with selection leaving a great player like Hewitt out for team balance etc... e's ahead of at least 10 guys in that team... god this ladder is crazy right now..

Luckily for Carlton they have north, eagles and saints still so along with Geelong and Sydney should still be a lock for top 8... I'd also include Brisbane and GWS as basic locks... leaves 3 spots for 8 teams: essendon, freo, port, dees, hawks, dogs, pies, suns.... 3 DOES NOT GO INTO 8 lol its so so tight especially if Gold Coast win tommorow... a round where we could of basically given up on DOGS/HAWKS/GC and had a bit more clarity with whos legit contender who's not could be totally flipped if all 3 get up with a Gold Coast win tommorow.. Freo just had to bank that win today when up 15 on hawks and play professional like cats did vs pies to kill the game off a bit, or just kick better.. Voss should never play if he cant fix kicking...WAFL goalkicking may be ok but every time i've seen him at AFL level his kicking is horrific. They should be strengthened though by Walker returning next week and Pearce couldnt be far away. Freo with zero injuries today have some big calls to make fitting back in Walker, Pearce and Darcy next week... Voss will def be one of the drops along with you'd think Walters.. Sturt has had two duds in a row but can you bring in 2 backs and a ruck and drop 3 forward type players?? you could swing a few of the flank types forward maybe Aish goes forward

Essendon I still feel win 3 of next 4 vs Ade minus rankine at marvel their preferred venue, saints and gold coast marvel and a 50/50 with freo... 3 moves them to 13 wins and a draw plenty to get in before they even play SYD and BRIS at end.. Freo also still probably need 3 wins to also move to the 13 wins and a draw.. despite dees win tonight they should beat dees at home next week and then eagles.. but their last 4 is tricky ESSENDON (MCG) GEELONG (at perth) GWS (away) Port home... so they'd need to bank one of them... lose to dees next week and they are suddenly very very wobbly and needing to win 2 of those last 4 tough ones.

dees slip from 6th to 10th tommorow without even playing if GWS/PORT/BRISBANE win

Last edited:
What was Butler 10+ tackles paying?

only the second time he has achieved that in his career.

Coincidentally, his previous achievement was also against Adelaide, and in both games he recorded 10 tackles, 5 kicks and 4 handballs.

He was only $17 for 10+ on TAB, I'd say they had the wet conditions priced into the tackle markets already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know gold coast are a different team at home this year, but they have a fair few ins and outs this week, and against port they have gone 0-10 the last ten times they have met?
but fk i dont trust port..

man they've only ever been port adelaide once, and that was in 2010 by 3 points.

why has Carlton gone back to 2 Ruck? they were in peak form with De Koning basically the form ruck of AFL solo with Mckay helping out... yes it eases his workload but he just came off a week where he was freshened up due to soreness.... also Voss is getting too cute with selection leaving a great player like Hewitt out for team balance etc... e's ahead of at least 10 guys in that team... god this ladder is crazy right now..

Voss just isn’t that good of a coach. He has a raw talent list. But Carlton have shown next to no improvement in stopping other teams getting serious momentum. Sometimes on the back of brilliance from star players they win enough contests to win the match, but when they aren’t winning the contests via star brilliance, other teams can just run all over them & that’s coaching. That’s not having an effective make it ugly, make it a maul game plan you can go to as a plan B while trying to arrest the other teams energy & momentum.

He’s also played Fantasia way too much this year. Outside of one downhill skier game he has kicked 3 goals in 12 games. And he’s not a pressure forward, nor are his assist numbers massive.

Sundays are always a shit day to bet I feel. So rather than just taking the main guys to go well I feel like have to take the longshots

Waiting on subs for Port/Suns game but if Davies isn’t starting sub, can’t see a midfield role for him so will go as a pressure forward.

For next game I reckon Peatling sub but if even the next 2 are sub I can see them getting on late and kicking a goal or 2
McMullin 1-3 B365 2.35/11/61

Thomas 1-3 B365 2.60/15/81

Another random player who should kick more goals than he does (1.5 for the year)

Callaghan 1-3 2.85/21/126

Big left foot kick, don’t know why he doesn’t kick more goals but maybe today in a scrappy game. No Kelly so if he gets an outside role GWS love those outside mids/wingers pushing forward, just depends what they do match up wise I.e if Bedford tags then Green/Bedford/Cogs would be their starting mid line and Callaghan might get the 4th role

Hogan more goals than bolton @ 1.72
Logan Morris more than Liam ryan @ 1.93

multi both @ 3.31

topsport

Brent Daniels heat map from last week against Carlton
Screenshot_20240714_121817_AFL.jpg
2+ $3.10
3+ $8
4+ $26. Sportsbet

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2024 - AFL ROUND 18

Remove this Banner Ad