Toast 2024 All Australian: congrats Jesse & Lachie for AA selection; & Binga on AA Squad selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

2024 AFL ALL-AUSTRALIAN SQUAD: Noah Anderson, Harris Andrews, Nick Blakey, Marcus Bontempelli, Andrew Brayshaw, Zak Butters, Darcy Cameron, Jeremy Cameron, Jordan Clark, Sam Collins, Patrick Cripps, Charlie Curnow, Nick Daicos, Bailey Dale, Massimo D’Ambrosio, Brent Daniels, Joe Daniher, Errol Gulden, Isaac Heeney, Jesse Hogan, Max Holmes, Jason Horne-Francis, Max Gawn, Dan Houston, Jeremy McGovern, Harry McKay, Zach Merrett, Dylan Moore, Lachie Neale, Cam Rayner, Luke Ryan, Caleb Serong, James Sicily, Jack Sinclair, Harry Sheezel, Tyson Stengle, Adam Treloar, Chad Warner, Jake Waterman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Whitfield, Tristan Xerri, Hayden Young, Dayne Zorko.

gws-giants.jpg

Brent Daniels
Never previously All-Australian
Never previously squad member

Jesse Hogan
Never previously All-Australian
Never previously squad member

Lachie Whitfield
2018 All-Australian

Squad members by club​

5 - Brisbane, Fremantle
4 - Carlton, Sydney
3 - Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs
2 - Collingwood, Gold Coast, North Melbourne, West Coast
1 - Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda
0 - Adelaide, Richmond

Tom Green stiff not to be in the squad. Too many fwd in it, has Joe Daniher really been that good?

Tom Green stiff not to be in the squad. Too many fwd in it, has Joe Daniher really been that good?
Similar number of shots as Jesse while playing as a backup ruck and up the field - Joe's had a fantastic year but just gets shits on by the media because he dared leave Victoria because he didn't want anything to do with said media.

The only real knock on Joe vs Jesse (or any of the other three KPFs) has been his conversion but he's also been playing that more versatile role and taking harder shots as well. If they were picking an actual team I'd take Jesse as the Coleman winner, Joe as a ruck/forward, and any of the other three. I doubt Joe gets picked though.

Similar number of shots as Jesse while playing as a backup ruck and up the field - Joe's had a fantastic year but just gets shits on by the media because he dared leave Victoria because he didn't want anything to do with said media.

The only real knock on Joe vs Jesse (or any of the other three KPFs) has been his conversion but he's also been playing that more versatile role and taking harder shots as well. If they were picking an actual team I'd take Jesse as the Coleman winner, Joe as a ruck/forward, and any of the other three. I doubt Joe gets picked though.
I’d take Harry over Joe …. Both as flakey as all **** though

Its the reasons why Toby should have been in the squad. His season was as good as any other small forward but down on his 2023 and he missed shots at goal that would have made it look a lot better

Congratulations to Jesse Hogan and Lachie Whitfield for your selections in the 2024 All Australian team. Commiserations to Brent Daniels, you deserved to be there but they like putting midfielders in your position instead, however making the squad was a good reward.

Whitfield should have been on the park, not the pine.
Gee I think he was lucky to make the squad at all. The selection is always a bit of a joke anyway, they pick a bunch of extra midfielders and shoehorn them into wing or half forward slots. Not to mention there’s always a lag between players getting media attention and being named in the AA team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I think he was lucky to make the squad at all. The selection is always a bit of a joke anyway, they pick a bunch of extra midfielders and shoehorn them into wing or half forward slots. Not to mention there’s always a lag between players getting media attention and being named in the AA team.
Glad you ain’t a selector AG, ffs, Lachie was elite

So who should have made the team from the Giants?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2024 All Australian: congrats Jesse & Lachie for AA selection; & Binga on AA Squad selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back