F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies to the Richmond supporters in here but watching all the interviews and whatnot in the washup, every one of them talked about Norris at length and repeatedly, it reminds me of a lot of footy threads on here when Richmond supporters participate and try to make the thread about the Tigers rather than the victors, did give me a chuckle.

The only one who gave him his full due I think was Karun. Maybe he has seen the light, we'll see.

Question.

All things being equal, who else on the grid do people in here think could have dealt with that sustained attack for 25+ laps and held their nerve and their position?

I can think of 2 and another 3 maybes.

I think Hamilton and Alonso definitely and then Max, Leclerc and Daniel likely, I'm thinking no-one else.

We see each race mid-pack, slower cars holding up the faster cars lap after lap but I just think that attack by Le Clerc on Piastri was next level. I've been watching F1 for 40 odd years and I can't remember another battle in a race that was that close and lasted that long. I was almost sweating watching it. I found it more gripping than either of the AFL semi-finals.

Last edited:

Question.

All things being equal, who else on the grid do people in here think could have dealt with that sustained attack for 25+ laps and held their nerve and their position?

I think Hamilton and Alonso definitely and then Max, Le Cler and Daniel likely, I'm thinking no-one else.

We see each race mid-pack, slower cars holding up the faster cars lap after lap but I just think that attack by Le Clerc on Piastri was next level. I've been watching F1 for 40 odd years and I can't remember another battle in a race that was that close and lasted that long. I was almost sweating watching it. I found it more gripping than either of the AFL semi-finals.
I think it's a credit to the F1 engineers, who specified the current regulations, that LeClerc was able to sustain that level of attack for so long. It just wouldn't have been possible with previous generations of technical regulations.

Question.

I think Hamilton and Alonso definitely and then Max, Leclerc and Daniel likely, I'm thinking no-one else.

Red Bull/Renault era Daniel could, and in fact did in Monaco (I know its impossible to overtake there anyway, but he had a significant engine issue from memory).

Question.

TBH he was sort of lucky not to get a warning for weaving after the pass but glad he found his groove and managed that tiny gap. The kid has ice in his veins.

How good was the Ferrari to hang on for so long in the dirty air?

TBH he was sort of lucky not to get a warning for weaving after the pass but glad he found his groove and managed that tiny gap. The kid has ice in his veins.

How good was the Ferrari to hang on for so long in the dirty air?

It wasn't weaving. He moves left to cut off the inside and then moved right as all drivers have to do to make that corner. There is a reason why nobody (even the massive LeClerc homers) have said anything about it being weaving.

It wasn't weaving. He moves left to cut off the inside and then moved right as all drivers have to do to make that corner. There is a reason why nobody (even the massive LeClerc homers) have said anything about it being weaving.
Exactly. If you watch Jolyon Palmers analysis of Oscarā€™s pass & subsequent defending, he shows how Oscar moved early so there was a clear gap between them which shut down Leclercs chance to go down the inside in the next corner.

Question.

Russell till the last corner.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back