F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there's any anti-Oscar conspiracy theory. However, it's plain as day that Norris gets preferential treatment, both in terms of car upgrades and on-track strategies.

... but what happened last night was just Zac Brown ****ing up due to incompetence, not due to malice.
Was it Zac's call? I assume the strategist would've made it and Zac backs what they say?

MCL need to stop asking Lando's opinion he gets it wrong to much.

Also any idiot could have seen double stacking would be better then staying out an extra lap
Not this idiot, though.

St Petersburg Hug GIF by Arrow McLaren IndyCar Team

Was it Zac's call? I assume the strategist would've made it and Zac backs what they say?
I must admit, I don't really know what Zac's role is on a given weekend.

Stella is the team principal, so you'd think he would be the one making decisions etc..
Is Zac just there for the vibes?
(yes I know he is technically Stella's boss)

I must admit, I don't really know what Zac's role is on a given weekend.

Stella is the team principal, so you'd think he would be the one making decisions etc..
Is Zac just there for the vibes?
(yes I know he is technically Stella's boss)
Actually you're right. Initially I saw him in the Horner/Toto type role but I guess technically that's Stella.

It doesn't really matter who made the call - the point is that the decision to keep Oscar out for an extra lap was due to incompetence, not malice.

... but it is remarkable how often McLaren's team incompetence hurts Piastri, rather than Norris. Other examples include failing to warn him of approaching traffic in qualifying at Canada, and failure to get him out in time for a proper fast lap at the end of Q3 in Silverstone.

I don't think there's any anti-Oscar conspiracy theory. However, it's plain as day that Norris gets preferential treatment, both in terms of car upgrades and on-track strategies.

... but what happened last night was just Zac Brown ****ing up due to incompetence, not due to malice.

Of course. Norris is the number one driver. It's not exclusive to modern day McLaren that their number one driver - and the one further up in the WDC no matter how unlikely it is - gets preferential treatment.

The going on and on about some grand conspiracy to keep our man down though...

The suggestion that Webber would have won a world title if it weren't for Vettel getting preferential treatment is simply not true.

The only year he came close was 2010, and he lost that title because he crashed in Korea. In fact the one example of blatant Vettel favouritism that year (the front wing swap in Silverstone) resulted in Webber beating Vettel in that race anyway.

In every other year he was that far behind Vettel that favouritism was not the determining factor in the world championship fight.
We don't talk about Turkey anymore ?

It doesn't really matter who made the call - the point is that the decision to keep Oscar out for an extra lap was due to incompetence, not malice.

... but it is remarkable how often McLaren's team incompetence hurts Piastri, rather than Norris. Other examples include failing to warn him of approaching traffic in qualifying at Canada, and failure to get him out in time for a proper fast lap at the end of Q3 in Silverstone.
It does if everyone keeps blaming Zac and he's not the one making the calls :tearsofjoy:

McLaren aren't yet used to competing, that's become obvious with some of their decisions of late. They'll hopefully improve as a team moving forward. The alternative is they go the way of Ferrari and completely squander a great car.

It's not like they've nailed all of Lando's strategy calls either.

Of course. Norris is the number one driver. It's not exclusive to modern day McLaren that their number one driver - and the one further up in the WDC no matter how unlikely it is - gets preferential treatment.

The going on and on about some grand conspiracy to keep our man down though...
quite enjoyed seeing lando being stiffed by mclaren, now he knows what oscar must feel like. is that wrong?

and you nailed here.
OP got ****ed fully by "strategy" and Brown's hard on for Lando... which actually cost Mclaren the win and prob a 1-2 finish as the time OP lost ( approx 22 secs) he made up and only finished about 10 secs behind Lewis.

Shameful.
not so sure zak was responsible for the indecision about soft or mediums while lando was in the pit lane. more likely stella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue with Zac was that he was the face of McLaren during the race coverage. He was the one answering questions live during the race coverage and his answers were less than satisfactory.

So no wonder that he was the target of people’s annoyance.

And not just from this forum or from Australians but social media posts globally. Much as people get pissed off with some of Horner’s rubbish.

Anyway the race is over and I think too much is being made of it. We move on.

He literally already is a top F1 driver, he is 24 years old and has been one of the best performed drivers over the past 2 years. Has been ultra consistent and been impressive for years now. He still has growing to do but this is a major over reaction.
It’s not an overreaction to anything it’s an opinion. I’m entitled to my opinion about certain drivers.

I understand this is an Australian site with Australian posters, but would rather not go down the anti-Australian and pro-British/Red Bull/anything not Australian conspiracy rabbit hole.

"British commentator gets overly excitable about British legendary driver winning at British track" - what a flog!
"Non-Australian team duds over Australian driver" - we should get Twiggy to buy an F1 team to overcome this plot by BigF1!
"Australian driver (x2) would have won WDC if not for Red Bull malice! (x 2)" - come on...
Are you new to online forums?

My hatred of British teams, drivers and commentators has grown 10 fold during this race. I had to mute the TV crofty was having a big O all over the comm box 6 laps out. I couldn’t take any more of him. The sky f1 team has lost the plot this year is full on screw the world feed we’re cheering not commenting.

Oscar got so screwed, we really need an Australian team owner, anyone got some spare cash? We can buyout McLaren or probably Williams.
It doesn't matter how much money an Australian has got. The UK is the premier motorsport culture.

Can probably excuse McLaren for bottling the first pit stop and not double stacking.
They rolled the dice Piastri could get around again and not lose time. Didnt pan out.
Not really, you could see how much time Max was gaining, every corner he seemed to be making up a second on the inters as the leaders were crawling to the pits. In what world was leaving him out instead of losing 1-2 seconds by stacking an acceptable decision? His best case would have been losing 10 odd seconds by staying out, but it went way worse than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back