F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Which midfield teams have the best chance at points?

• Aston Martin

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Visa Cash App RB

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Haas

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Alpine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, it wasn't a call about favourites, it was just stupid to not double stack

It was a pretty moronic call that most likely wouldn't have happened if the positions were reversed.
Maybe not blatant favouritism but McLaren are clearly willing to take more risks with Oscar, which would be fine if he were a rung below his teammate, but he has more than shown he is ready to seriously challenge for wins.

Good for Lewis, happy to see him win
Never thought I would have said that after watching him dominate in the previous era.

Might go down as one of his finest wins - and could be his last ever. And you can tell it was clearly emotional for him too.

Well deserved, his tyres were absolutely shot at the end, think one more lap and Max would've had him.

What is weird is Zac Brown only a couple of laps before said on the telecast that the team would do all the calculations to determine whether the double stack was quicker than going an extra lap.

Need a new calculator
i think they may have underestimated how quickly it got wetter with the extra lap. still a great result, he's certainly keeping pace with lando and they cant ask much more than that.

My hatred of British teams, drivers and commentators has grown 10 fold during this race. I had to mute the TV crofty was having a big O all over the comm box 6 laps out. I couldn’t take any more of him. The sky f1 team has lost the plot this year is full on screw the world feed we’re cheering not commenting.

Oscar got so screwed, we really need an Australian team owner, anyone got some spare cash? We can buyout McLaren or probably Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think they may have underestimated how quickly it got wetter with the extra lap. still a great result, he's certainly keeping pace with lando and they cant ask much more than that.
Agreed. But all teams had the same info and Mercedes double stacking is what won them the race.

If Merc had done what McLaren had done and left one driver out, and that driver had been Hamilton, then it would have been a race win for Verstappen.

All that hard work on the track done by both Norris and Piastri in slippery conditions to get the 1-2 before the pit stops was wasted.

Paul Stoddart owned the wrong team
Perhaps we can raise enough on BF and buy a team, I’ve got $20 bucks to start. Problem is I don’t think pies owners and blues owners would get along too well.

Anyway Oscar proving what a great driver he is he just needs to be in the right team at the right time. Webber should’ve been champ, but Seb and RB screwed him. Danny Ric unfortunately had to deal with Max and Ham when he was winning races for Red Bull. Let’s hope Oscar can break the curse.

Perhaps we can raise enough on BF and buy a team, I’ve got $20 bucks to start. Problem is I don’t think pies owners and blues owners would get along too well.

Anyway Oscar proving what a great driver he is he just needs to be in the right team at the right time. Webber should’ve been champ, but Seb and RB screwed him. Danny Ric unfortunately had to deal with Max and Ham when he was winning races for Red Bull. Let’s hope Oscar can break the curse.
What?

Webber showed himself to be consistently slower than Vettel, and was treated as the second driver accordingly. 2010 was his only real chance, and his bottled it in Korea.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back