Game Day 2024 brownlow medal

Remove this Banner Ad

What an irrelevant joke of an award this has become.
The first 18 placegetters were midfielders.
There is literally no point or prestige in this award.

Still gobsmacked that Vlastuin's 29 disposals at 100% efficiency, 13 marks, 15 intercept possessions, 8 rebound 50's did not poll a single vote, yet Warner's 22 disposals at 59%, 2 clearances and 5 tackles did...

Another example of Vlastuin being criminally underrated.
Simple explanation. Vlastuin didn't play midfield.

Simple explanation. Vlastuin didn't play midfield.

Agree. Imagine the media circle jerk if Sniper Stewart put up the numbers Vlastuin did... Would have gotten All Australian off that 1 game.

blooze have no other half decent mids to steal votes off crapps

dusty wouldve won 5 brownlows if chimp, presita and titch werent there
Yep, but I reckon he’d prefer 3 Premiership’s to 5 Brownlows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umps on a bet?
which ump votes in each game?
I hope they got their bet on in India mid season, cos Cripps and Daicos were unbackably short odds on the night.

maybe the umps hid their cheating in these votes

top 5
top 10
most 3 vote games
most votes last 5 rounds
Player to poll in most games:
Leader after Round 6, 10, 15:
Best double-your-money multi: Cripps, Daicos, Neale, Heeney, and Serong (all top 10), Warner, Butters (both top 20), Bontempelli most Bulldogs votes, and Jai Newcombe most Hawks votes will pay $2.
Best long shot:

Didn't watch. Have COVID. Heard Daicos got a vote after being subbed off at 1/2 time and Cripps 2 votes for 14% disposal efficiency. Also the midfielders filled the first 18 spots. The Brownlow is officially a joke these days. 🤡
A mid fielders medal Since Gawn and Grundy at the peak of their powers.

Let’s get real … he just got 45 votes. Dusty got 36. Cripps polled in 17 games. Naicos polled in 18 games.

They’ll give the umpires back the stats from 2025 onwards, as they clearly have no idea without a point of reference post game (and fair enough too given they have umpiring to focus on)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If votes are to be guided by stats in 2025, why do we want umpires awarding votes. They can’t even do their own job competently and without bias.

how have the cfl managed to make the brownloe an even bigger joke than it was by removing the viewing of the stats post game

the umps were already guessing, now theyre double guessing

Reminds me of a story from the olden days that someone posted earlier this year about how Peter Landy was chatting to an umpire at a function, some time after the event, and Landy said to the umpire that he must have given Peter Hudson three votes that day because he kicked 14 goals and the umpire replied, "Did he? I thought he got about six." :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 brownlow medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back