List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree, they need mids, LDU has pace anyway. Lose Laird (probably or at least in the next couple), Crouch is gone after this year, Sloane retired. They need midfielders not more half forward maybe midfielders. Soligio is one who may move into that midfield but he's one. Teams get into trouble turning blokes into mids when they aren't natural mids. Look I hope they go after more half forwards, they won't win a thing any time soon one less team to worry about.

But my point is bringing in Hayward means they get more full time mids rather than shoving Soligo or Rankine up forward.

I don't actually want Hayward to go but people saying it makes no sense aren't really looking at it properly.

But my point is bringing in Hayward means they get more full time mids rather than shoving Soligo or Rankine up forward.

I am far from counting Rankine as a midfielder his last 5 weeks have has 2 good midfield games, one last week and one against Carlton from memory. Soligo goes into the middle but they will need a stack more genuine ball winning midfielders, HF burst mids are not going to work. Our midfield is on the lower end in terms of ball winners and we have elite kicks to get around that. They need ball winners, a McCluggage or a LDU or someone who can genuinely play in the middle all day every day.

But I hope the Crows fill their side with half forwards, they will be perenial 8th to 12th finishing

Extract from The Hun:

Trainor aside, most of the top-10 picks this year are likely to be used on midfielder, with many of them set to come from Victoria.

Recruiters believe there could be a little more depth of talent in this draft compared to last year, where the top dozen prospects were largely agreed upon and there were mixed views on the rest after that

and then:
A raft of northern academy and Next Generation Academy prospects are also worth keeping an eye on, including Sam Marshall (Brisbane Lions), Isaac Kako and Jayden Nguyen (both Essendon), Leonardo Lombard (Gold Coast), Logan Smith (GWS), Ricky Mentha (Melbourne), Joel Cochran (Sydney) and Malakai Champion (West Coast).

All those players made the cut in the top 75 draft prospects for 2024, which has been compiled exclusively for this masthead by veteran AFL talent ambassador Kevin Sheehan.

Paywalled:

Is Battle better than Francis or Hamling?

I think so.

I don't know as it's just an option. We are short of KPD or Rampe type.

DQ, I respect your opinions, why do you and Bedford fail to simply answer.

Spud, fair, average, good, solid, but too expensive, not needed, etc would improve the discussion.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
It wasnt a comment directly responding to your Battle enquiry TT - more just a slightly snarky observation in regards the flood of “player x is worth a look” comments that appear every year on this thread (which is my 2nd favourite thread, behind only Sack Hinkley 10!).

In answer to your query - my personal view - Battle is an upgrade on Hamling (due mainly to Hamling’s age), but not sure he’s a better option than Francis.

There’s a natural human tendency to think the grass is greener & players at other clubs are untapped talents. But there’s bugger all green grass at St Kilda (other than Wanganeen Milera).

Last edited:
But there’s bugger all green grass at St Kilda (other than Wanganeen Milera).
Not entirely fair. I’d love Mitch Owens on our list and I suspect he’d be getting a game for us now (but don’t ask me to nominate at whose expense).

I also think Windhager will be a solid long term player for them, and Philippou could be a super player in the future (but has a way to go and might not reach those heights).

Not entirely fair. I’d love Mitch Owens on our list and I suspect he’d be getting a game for us now (but don’t ask me to nominate at whose expense).

I also think Windhager will be a solid long term player for them, and Philippou could be a super player in the future (but has a way to go and might not reach those heights).

I really think Phillipou could be special if he wasn’t hamstrung by Lyon and his never kick the ball forward gameplan

Extract from The Hun:

Trainor aside, most of the top-10 picks this year are likely to be used on midfielder, with many of them set to come from Victoria.

Recruiters believe there could be a little more depth of talent in this draft compared to last year, where the top dozen prospects were largely agreed upon and there were mixed views on the rest after that

and then:
A raft of northern academy and Next Generation Academy prospects are also worth keeping an eye on, including Sam Marshall (Brisbane Lions), Isaac Kako and Jayden Nguyen (both Essendon), Leonardo Lombard (Gold Coast), Logan Smith (GWS), Ricky Mentha (Melbourne), Joel Cochran (Sydney) and Malakai Champion (West Coast).

All those players made the cut in the top 75 draft prospects for 2024, which has been compiled exclusively for this masthead by veteran AFL talent ambassador Kevin Sheehan.

Paywalled:
The 1st named Harry Armstrong is from my club , waiting for school footy finished to slot the kid in , good family .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering's already fallen for one scam. Hopefully he doesn't fall for this one, too.

He’d need a pay rise with the amount of time the ball spends in the Saints defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back