F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ferrari bringing 9 upgrades with only 2 being circuit specific. They are either going to come out cooking and join the McLaren/Max fight or they are going to be this years Merc going backwards with the upgrades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh to write him off after 10 minutes in the car?
Fair call.

And to be fair the amount of air being pumped into Antonelli's tyres by the Sky F1 commentators before that crash would have made that car undriveable on the turn into corners.

You get to know when Toto is angry these days, not because of his facial expressions but his neck and head go a brilliant shade of red. And his face was Ferrari scarlet when the camera focussed on his just after that shunt. I'm pretty sure his last words to his rookie driver before he left the pits would have been 'don't break the car'.

I don't blame Kimi for that crash. I didn't see the session but apparently everyone was struggling at Parabolica. With the new track design there and the fresh tarmac the cars were having a hard time finding grip. Supposedly Colapinto also almost binned it there but managed to save it. It seems like it was just his inexperience that got him.

I don't blame Kimi for that crash. I didn't see the session but apparently everyone was struggling at Parabolica. With the new track design there and the fresh tarmac the cars were having a hard time finding grip. Supposedly Colapinto also almost binned it there but managed to save it. It seems like it was just his inexperience that got him.

Magnussen also had to bin it in P2.

So Kimi lost the back, his first words were, and I quote "F- yeah" to are you Ok? and "F- sorry" so he knew immediately too much speed, broke late, lost the back.
Colapinto, almost exact replica of Kimi, just locked up instead of lost the back so could ease on through the gravel instead of bounce into that wall.
Magnussen also went way too fast, over a run off area and bounced his way to a wall in P2 on a Lesmo corner.

Teams just had to screw up less basically as say when George went out in P2 it was "there's a loose nut" he was essentially sitting on, Lewis was "this seat is bloody hot" to get him P1 as he tried ot cool it down.

Lot of "learning on the fly" from most teams in P1 and P2 and newer drivers just pushing that too hard, and well HAAS being a bit aggressive as per usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back