F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the damage to Russell's front end plate wasn't the result of contact with Piastri going into the 1st corner - it was apparently due to contact with Verstappen's left-rear wheel after he re-joined the track. This contact wasn't shown in the broadcast, as they (quite reasonably) chose to focus on replays of the two Papayas going head-to-head.
https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...on-penalty-call-early-in-italian-gp/10650708/
Yes I wondered why people were saying it was Oscar when the still shots of George going round turn 1 showed his end plate was still in tact.

Yes I wondered why people were saying it was Oscar when the still shots of George going round turn 1 showed his end plate was still in tact.
People saw Oscar swerve across in front of him, and automatically assumed it was from this incident. Not an unreasonable assumption.

What they didn't know is that he subsequently made contact with Verstappen, in an incident which wasn't shown on the broadcast. This is where the damage was done.

I can understand why people thought it was the Piastri incident - I thought so myself, until I found out about the Verstappen collision. Very easy mistake to understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back