Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver gone. Wilson gone. Garcia - finally gone.

Zorko in.
Rookie in.
One of McKercher and Simpkin in.

Leaves me with one rookie on field with a full side, looking to upgrade a rookie off the field in the last round of the byes. Gallagher, Freijah and Sullivan out next week if I can get to a defender premium from them. Maybe someone like Shitfield.
GWS have Sydney that last bye week. Probably hold off on Whitfield till after that matchup. His draw is nice from Rd 16 through to the end of the season though.

Currently looking at two options for this week:

Option 1:
Oliver > Green
Steele > Serong
N Martin > Xerri

High risk. Thinking of jumping off of Martin given increased FWD minutes despite his 120 this week. Sets me up to have 18 premiums playing in both Rnd 14 and 15, but part from Reville all of my playing rooks (Freijah, Dowling, Garcia?, Blight?) are Rnd 15 so will only have 19 playing in total. If Sexton is dropped with Powell back or somebody gets injured and forces a trade next week I might be ****ed, BUT if it comes off it is probably my best choice to maximise points. Also forces a ruck trade (Gawn, Marshall or Xerri) in Rnd 16.

Option 2:
Oliver > Green
Steele > Serong
NWM/Sinclair > Whitfield

Safer play. Leaves me with 17 premos + Dowling, Reville and Freijah playing this week, and then 19 premiums plus Reville next week. Biggest issue is that I don't love Whitfield as an option with his run coming up. 90% chance I'll go with this, but still considering other options.

Option 1:
Oliver > Green
Steele > Serong
N Martin > Xerri

High risk. Thinking of jumping off of Martin given increased FWD minutes despite his 120 this week. Sets me up to have 18 premiums playing in both Rnd 14 and 15, but part from Reville all of my playing rooks (Freijah, Dowling, Garcia?, Blight?) are Rnd 15 so will only have 19 playing in total. If Sexton is dropped with Powell back or somebody gets injured and forces a trade next week I might be ****ed, BUT if it comes off it is probably my best choice to maximise points. Also forces a ruck trade (Gawn, Marshall or Xerri) in Rnd 16.

Option 2:
Oliver > Green
Steele > Serong
NWM/Sinclair > Whitfield

Safer play. Leaves me with 17 premos + Dowling, Reville and Freijah playing this week, and then 19 premiums plus Reville next week. Biggest issue is that I don't love Whitfield as an option with his run coming up. 90% chance I'll go with this, but still considering other options.
Quite clear from your rank that we shouldn't be giving you advice (well done btw)

But do you have any options that aren't Green?
I went there last week for value/name/upside whatever you call it, and he still couldn't hit his break even after a week off.

A few on here have watched him closer than I have and are very critical of his efforts, ability, output etc at the moment.
I just picked him thinking he'd surely turn it around, same with Oliver.

As we head into winter, the inside mids should reclaim some ground over the summer chip scab seagulls that are dominating lately, so there is some merit getting Green....eventually.

Last edited:

Option 1:
Oliver > Green
Steele > Serong
N Martin > Xerri

Option 2:
Oliver > Green
Steele > Serong
NWM/Sinclair > Whitfield

Your team is epic so tricky to find trades, but I think the fact you don't own Green is something of a blessing for you given all of us poor owners are annoyed with him and he's highly owned - not sure you want to give up that advantage until he shows something and he will still be very cheap.

I wouldn't grab Whitfield either, I'm an owner and am looking to get off him prior to the Swans match up in two weeks (tagged to a 48 last time). Personally feel guys like Crisp and Ed Richards could out score him back half of the year.

You could play a super straight bat and go:

Oliver - Serong (bound to be a top 8 mid and price hasn't really moved in the last 6 weeks)
Garcia - Kreuger
Clark - Busslinger (if named)

The two rookie swaps fund the upgrade.

I love the idea of getting Xerri in too as your third ruck for R14-15 to cover the others' byes, but it's a bit trickier trades wise as you'd probably have to trade out a true premo. Maybe jumping off Steele to Xerri could work if you can meet your requisite numbers on field this week.

Oliver > Gulden
Steele > Ryan
rook down with 250k itb

Next 2 weeks hopefully go my last bench cows down and do Gallagher Campbell to Dawson Rozee

coming out of byes

Daicos Ryan Sheez Martin Dale NWM
Zerrett Gulden Dawson Dunks Serong Green Rozee Day
Gawn Xerri
Zorko Flanders Heeney Fisher Sexton Downling

Will be 1 premo short in forwards but I don’t care. Still got J Richards on bench to come back. Only way to get the other 21 I actually want (bar Green)

Putting all my players back in their right positions actually makes trades very easy this week.

Clohesy > Busslinger (if he comes in)
Graham > Dowling
Reid > Heeney

300k in the bank to turn Oliver into someone next week.

Unfortunately still leaves me with two rookies on field, and with Oliver probably going next week I think I'll probably come out of the Byes with someone still on field, but that someone could well be Sharp which I'm ok with at this stage.

Other option is Oliver out this week instead of Clohesy, but seems like Clohesy and Graham are both topped out (not that Oliver isn't).

Bench Rookies look disgusting .....

Bring out your dead Monty Python.gif

There's a couple that are refusing to get on the wagon .....hoping they can fatten up enough, the next 2 weeks to fill the last two spots in my FWD line

First Draft
D.Jones to any breathing Rookie
Rowell to Serong
Oliver to Rozee

Need another look at Simpkin ....was it a Blue Moon event ?

Last edited:
Buss probably the most likely get a debut I reckon, Bevo can't go to his plodders as he has none to go to.
Depends who mowed his lawn the earliest this week!

Bench Rookies look disgusting .....

View attachment 2016648

There's a couple that refusing to get on the wagon .....hoping they can fatten up enough, the next 2 weeks to fill the last two spots in my FWD line

First Draft
D.Jones to any breathing Rookie
Rowell to Serong
Oliver to Rozee

score GIF

.......says Zach Reid and Max Heath (Hugo Garcia cheering in the background)

It was against WestCoast just before their bye, and four others tonned up as well. Might be an outlier.

Gotta have a backup plan in mind in case theres no rooks this week, it may involve sidewaysing a premo or two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just rearranged the team with all the bye players on the bench, etc. This appears to be my forward line for the week. Might just skip this one and come back next week haha

Ewww David.PNG

I’m bringing in Reville. Is that the stupidest idea ever? He’s almost 400k but will just be a bye play and get him to Rozee in round 16.
It still allows me to bring in Ryan this week and take 115k into next week.
I have limited players over the next 2 weeks and gives me another player on field with mid forward status.
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?
He’s the first game of the round so will be able to see if he’s sub. I haven’t really been a fan of bringing in a rookie who is almost maxed out but he seems to have good JS and still a fairly low BE (17)

I’m bringing in Reville. Is that the stupidest idea ever? He’s almost 400k but will just be a bye play and get him to Rozee in round 16.
I have limited players over the next 2 weeks and gives me another player on field with mid forward status.
He’s the first game of the round so will be able to see if he’s sub. I haven’t really been a fan of bringing in a rookie who is almost maxed out but he seems to have good JS and still a fairly low BE (17)

Reville is safe until Ashcroft returns. Not a bad pick.

Garcia into Busslinger/rookie
Oliver into Ryan/Zorko

Third move I'm unsure of. Lohmann into Simpkin looks too good to be true, and also feels risky to trade Kai when he's got the Saints this week, but it feels like the rookies are extremely slim pickings so have no idea what else to look at doing.

Too much cash wrapped up in a 50-60 score in my opinion.

Most would be moving Reville on by start of Round 16 I would have thought?

That's certainly my plan anyway.

Find anything with a pulse for sub 250k and get that instead (hopefully something arises).

Your team is epic so tricky to find trades, but I think the fact you don't own Green is something of a blessing for you given all of us poor owners are annoyed with him and he's highly owned - not sure you want to give up that advantage until he shows something and he will still be very cheap.

I wouldn't grab Whitfield either, I'm an owner and am looking to get off him prior to the Swans match up in two weeks (tagged to a 48 last time). Personally feel guys like Crisp and Ed Richards could out score him back half of the year.

You could play a super straight bat and go:

Oliver - Serong (bound to be a top 8 mid and price hasn't really moved in the last 6 weeks)
Garcia - Kreuger
Clark - Busslinger (if named)

The two rookie swaps fund the upgrade.

I love the idea of getting Xerri in too as your third ruck for R14-15 to cover the others' byes, but it's a bit trickier trades wise as you'd probably have to trade out a true premo. Maybe jumping off Steele to Xerri could work if you can meet your requisite numbers on field this week.
Thanks for the detailed reply mate, really appreciate it! Think I will be sticking to the bye plan of maximising on-field premiums though, it's worked for me so far. Your plan would definitely be the safer option though, plenty to ponder over the next few days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back