Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 19 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Ryan

We aren’t going back to that style. Whether it’s an overall change, weather change, match ups etc - just not gonna happen.
Crisp at least gets some CBA, might get a QB role boost, and back to premo if any Pies mids are injured or suspended.
You’d argue Clark has been the least affected compared to Ryan as he’s still the roaming HB

You’d argue Clark has been the least affected compared to Ryan as he’s still the roaming HB
Absolutely. Still use Clark/Young as the connector players.
Ryan has most of kick-ins so that is a guaranteed point scorer, but unless he gets sunny games in Perth (less so this time of year) or Docklands he is unlikely to get a big 10+ mark 120+ score game.

FYI, pretty sure this error has been there for weeks.

Noticed a few weeks ago that the edit trade button was still available for final game players, during the final game. Never actually tried if it worked, assumed it didn't.

On my trades, I can do the following with $0 in hand, which seems like it should be

Reville to Trew
D'Ambrosio to Butters

Absolutely. Still use Clark/Young as the connector players.
Ryan has most of kick-ins so that is a guaranteed point scorer, but unless he gets sunny games in Perth (less so this time of year) or Docklands he is unlikely to get a big 10+ mark 120+ score game.
You think Ryan is more a priority than Young?

Crisp to Stewart and Dowling up to Heeney will be my play this week. Finally a completed team, but with heavy hitters across the board and no one I don't really consider to be outside the best 22, other than a few out of form midfielders.

Was 20k or so short of going Tholstrup up, would have liked the cash gen from Dowling for another week or so. But need to do what needs to be done.

Could do a Young to McKercher and Serong to a Holmes/Stewart/Laird/Sinclair

However thinking of doing my first down and up for a while and Harrison downgrade and Serong up to Dunks…
Dunks has a hard matchup this week but then goes a very very easy run and don’t wanna miss out on it

Might go with a POD with a handy run coming up.

Amon > Cripps
Harrison > Trew

Leaves me with 5 cullable rookies over the last 5 rounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could do a Young to McKercher and Serong to a Holmes/Stewart/Laird/Sinclair

However thinking of doing my first down and up for a while and Harrison downgrade and Serong up to Dunks…
Dunks has a hard matchup this week but then goes a very very easy run and don’t wanna miss out on it
What i've learnt over the past few weeks is runs are only easy when you're in form. I've been cooked following the 'run' since the end of the Byes.

First I traded in Crisp over Whitfield because I was worried about a Jordan tag one week and Whitfield dropped a 140. Then I held Crisp the past two weeks or so because he's had an easy run. He's been awful outside those 3 goals.

I kept Serong this week because of his supposed easy run. It's meant nothing.

Players out of form will not be saved by an easy run. Players on form may succeed through a poor run and players on form will likely be boosted by a good run.

So I think go for Dunks.

Anyone contemplating trading Daicos? Absolute horror run home with a potential tag matchup every week, plus the Hawks this week who aren’t super easy for mids that don’t tackle.

What i've learnt over the past few weeks is runs are only easy when you're in form. I've been cooked following the 'run' since the end of the Byes.

First I traded in Crisp over Whitfield because I was worried about a Jordan tag one week and Whitfield dropped a 140. Then I held Crisp the past two weeks or so because he's had an easy run. He's been awful outside those 3 goals.

Players out of form will not be saved by an easy run. Players on form may succeed through a poor run and players on form will likely be boosted by a good run.

So I think go for Dunks.
I’ve done similar this year. Avoided guys with an upcoming tag etc and went with poorer players with better runs thinking “I’ll just get that bloke after his bad stretch”.

Never works as there’s always other issues or the player (Whitfield for me as well) outplays the tag and you’ve chased shadows for nothing. Sugar hits are overrated, if you want someone and can get them then get them asap.

A better player with a shit run (Whitfield) is always better than a shit player (Ryan) with a good run.

So I think go for Dunks.
Legend, love this analysis.
Agreed though, we tend to hold just due to easy match ups. I think in some cases it does help however it does not seem to help players who aren’t in form unfortunately.

Happy to listen to other people though….
Could potentially trade Ryan and get Holmes and Stewart instead?
But realistically is that going to make me many more points….Ryan could go huge with Pearce coming back

You think Ryan is more a priority than Young?
Oh absolutely

Young had one poor score against Sydney where we had changed our tactics enormously to combat their excellent midfield.

He has and will retain high CBA %, so disposals and tackles should be ok.

And he is an absolute jet connecting backline to forward line, we will use him as much as possible through the centre to set up. So marks should stay strong.

Tough one this week isn't it. Tossing up between Ryan and Breville to Whitfield and Miers, or Frejah and Breville to Zorko and Trew. Probably go the former, and get Zorko in next week to get the last rookie off the field. Ryan in four weeks ago at over a million the absolute worst trade of the season.

Can essentially turn Sexton into anyone I want. Who would be the best choice beween:
A) Treloar B) Butters C) Neale D) Walsh E) Stewart (moving Young/Martin into mids)
All seems great, but can drop a shit score too, so at a bit of a loss. Neale and Butters with the lowest BEs

Crisp to Stewart and Dowling up to Heeney will be my play this week. Finally a completed team, but with heavy hitters across the board and no one I don't really consider to be outside the best 22, other than a few out of form midfielders.

Was 20k or so short of going Tholstrup up, would have liked the cash gen from Dowling for another week or so. But need to do what needs to be done.
Considering fading Heens for just one more week maybe. He has Bris in Bris and only tonned up against them the once before in 2017, since then 60's 70's and a couple of 90s - has a BE of 124. Not saying it is the right play, but certainly a consideration. Can get there trading Sexton easily enough. Also interested to see with Rosas and Davies likely out, whether he and Weller come in (Dimma has already said Weller will play).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back