Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah if you’re in position to luxury trade Sheeze, your team must in the running for the Hilux.

Cashing out and upgrading Rookies have to be the priority, and factoring in subs, injuries and restings it’s just too risky.

Plus Sheeze is nearly 68% owned, so if he goes low it’s pretty much irrelevant. If you trade in someone else and they go low, you’ve fallen away badly and you’ve wasted a trade for no reason
The thiing though is, I see it as a round where can let him go at the expense of getting 2 premo players in. I am leaning to Oliver and potentially Parish/Soligo/Sinclair. Think I have around 290k in the bank too.

Rank went from 2852 to 4021 so my season over and will bring in players I like to watch.
Running with sweet as R2 and 4 rookies in sharp, roberts, Wilson and reid

Yeo > Sinclair
Xerri > Naicos
Season over when you're 4k? what?????? we're 1/3rd of the way through lol.

Season over when you're 4k? what?????? we're 1/3rd of the way through lol.
Had such a down week and my trades especially last two weeks of Caldwell and sweet for week 7 and last week gulden and jones instead of naicos and young made me regret on what could have been. I guess I can still make top 1k and with team value $20.9M

Rank went from 2852 to 4021

The Goldbergs Eating GIF by ABC Network

Rank went from 2852 to 4021 so my season over and will bring in players I like to watch.

Yeo > Sinclair
Xerri > Naicos

Hahaha. Try 28k bud. :)

Yeo > Sinclair
Xerri > Naicos
i went from 5k to 11k in the same 2 weeks.
bad captains, bad premo scores, bad luck with bullets

its not over yet

its not over yet

Kind of wild how much captaincy can impact. I had Marshall as an accidental captain in Round 2 (he scored 86 when I meant to have him as VC and Dawson C who got 131), copped NWM in Round 3 (got 71 when Marshall rebounded with a 117), Dawson then got 112 in Round 4 which is fine but NWM then rebounds with a 127 lol, I finally get a great captain with 159 from Sheezel in Round 5, and then in Round 6 I switch from Flanders to Sheezel late who gets 106 to Flanders' 126, Dawson 122 last round again one of my few good ones, and then last round had Dunkley C all week then got spooked by Calvin's Captains and switched to Sheezel C who gets 89 while Dunk gets 151. Naicos 123 in Round 1 fine too, but even not just saying "Oh well my top scoring player got X I should have captained them" just looking at players I had planned to C then changed from, or mistakes made, I've probably cost myself what, 150 points just in captaincy stuff ups?

Round 2 -45
Round 3 -46
Round 4 -15
Round 5 +46 (would have captained Butters)
Round 6 -20
Round 7 -62
= 142. :( I guess over the season that's only about 20 points a round, but feels a lot worse than that lol.

I'm thinking of bucking the trend, holding Green (assuming he plays) and holding Caldwell (again, assuming) and just doing a regular one-up one-down with Yeo to a midfield premium that suits my byes.

Need to get some rookies moving and this helps with that.
Smart I reckon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo > Sinclair
Xerri > Naicos
The season is far from over.

It only takes one round. And last round showed exactly that. Huge shuffle in rankings.

You've just gotta be on the right side of the carnage!

Yeo > Sinclair
Xerri > Naicos
Interesting you named Xerri. Why would you drop him? I dont have a great backup ruckman for R3 to replace him but I think thats one of the few mentions of him this week from anywhere Ive read.

Interesting you named Xerri. Why would you drop him? I dont have a great backup ruckman for R3 to replace him but I think thats one of the few mentions of him this week from anywhere Ive read.
Also Jordon Sweet under an illness cloud and has missed yesterdays and todays training

Sweating on him getting up with already having Zilliams, Green, Rozee, Yeo and traded out Xerri last week ahhh

Likely at peak price, English/swinging Sweet from R3 are good replacements, going up against two of the hardest matchups next up, has to travel to Darwin, etc. Not a bad shout but definitely luxury trade territory.

Also Jordon Sweet under an illness cloud and has missed yesterdays and todays training

Sweating on him getting up with already having Zilliams, Green, Rozee, Yeo and traded out Xerri last week ahhh
Oof if Sweet is out, that hurts the people who traded Grundy/X/Marshall to him

Reville and Morris JS increase with this unfortunate news, the Gabba surface is cursed

With Titch and JDG available next week, I think that's enough to rule out Sullivan. Which leaves Dear and Reville.

Reville is an interesting one. With so many Brisbane injuries he only managed 60% TOG. Did he get injured himself or just has no tank?

Sheezel had some of his lower scoring games last season against: Collingwood (82), Port Adelaide(81), Gold Coast (47 at TIO), Essendon ( 64 in 1 game), Melbourne (53 in 1 game). Do understand he has West Coast in that block of games. Maybe it might be worth trading him out not with the view of bringing him before Eagles (Rd 13) or even the Bulldogs (Rd 16)?

Yep North Fixtures are against : GC (at TIO), Essendon, Port Adelaide, WCE, Collingwood, Melbourne
That's a bit compelling. Was hoping to see he was the highest possession getter at Blundstone, but nup:

1715067439302.png
1715067534128.png

So looked specifically at the games at Blundstone - not the same as at Darwin, but can be cold and wet:

Rnd 9 against Port he had an 81
Rnd 13 against Giants he had a 92
Rnd 21 against Melbourne he had a 53
Rnd 24 against the Suns he had a 94

Add to that the game at People First Stadium (Darwin) for 47!

It seems a crazy proposition, but I think it has legs to trade Sheezel....... maybe. Surely he plays better, irrespective of the past limitations. It goes against all the first principles doesn't it?

its not over yet
Same, went even deeper, but have clawed back to $8k. That's the part that is the challenge, making ground!

That's gonna hurt if Sweet is out, traded marshall to him last week. If he doesn't get up I'll just get in English

Yeo to Serong
Rozee to English

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back