Racing 2024 G1 Melbourne Cup (3200m)

Remove this Banner Ad

OCTOBER RANKINGS

1. SAINT GEORGE - The drop off for him seems ridiculous to me. An unlucky loss by 2L and everyone wants to be on him. An average 0.4L loss in the exact same sort of race and he is out the gate. Won't show near his best until he gets to the 2500-3200m range and expect he will be back to the top of the markets after the Bart Cummings.

2. WARP SPEED - Slides up a spot due to Place Du Carrousel shitting the bed.

3. JAN BRUEGHEL - Class Euro 3yo. I do have doubts on his tactical speed for Australian racing and is weighted up to his best for a horse with his record has to go in near the top. Won't be a betting prospect for me though unless we are getting in the $9-10 range on the day.

4. WARMONGER - D Day coming up in the Turnbull.

5. ABSURDE - Goes up a spot thanks to other flops.

6. PLACE DU CARROUSEL - Poor run first up but the track was complete shit so can forgive that run if she bounces back next time. Has to drop down the order though if she doesn't have the WFA class to off set the distance query.

7. SAYEDATY SEDATY - If you like Jan then you haver to have this guy in the mix I think. Run was fair behind him in the Gordon Stakes and will meet him 2.5kg better off for that day.

8. VAUBAN - Think he is too short and needs conditions to suit on the day which he probably wont get but needs to slot in here still.

9. COCO SUN - Think she has the upside to possibly elevate her level to what is required up in trip and she is already in the race with a light weight.

10. KINESIOLOGY - Just something outside the box who might have some upside. Fair 3yo form in Europe. Was joint favourite with Birdman in a race that we were watching to see how that horse would go and he was first across the line beating Birdman by 11 lengths but is 4x the price of that runner in markets.

Last edited:

Saint George now 41. You could count approx. 13 horses shoved her that will probably not run. That takes her to 28. With natural attrition of 4 more she more than likely gets a run without winning this weekend. Also is Waller going full Verry Ellegant with Via Sistina. Would run .5kg more than VE MC win. Via looking dour after her first up run… surely not. I have her finishing off a multi for 11k to win the Cox Plate but not confident at all with what we have seen. Interesting to see her run this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing 2024 G1 Melbourne Cup (3200m)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back