Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not forgetting it. We went a large portion of the year without a ruck.

Lost Howe in round 1. Lippa before the season.
Won a flag despite it. Still won games.

I’m tired of the injuries being a cop out excuse for our poor form this season.

They’ve not helped our situation, but we have other issues. We were hungry last year. This year they just don’t seem motivated.

They’ve not helped our situation, but we have other issues. We were hungry last year. This year they just don’t seem motivated.
We’ve played with a makeshift forward line all season kes. Not to mention weeks without 3 of our mids. No other team is currently playing without their two KPF.

Forms been down. But injuries are still a big part. How many times are players having to shuffle positions etc. it has an impact

It's not a cop out, but it's possibly a reason we've had 2 draws & 2 losses by less than 2 goals.

Plenty of young players having to carry a big load for a lot of weeks, lack of connection, synergy all contributing factors.

It's hard to go back to back, that's why it very rarely happens. Teams only need to drop off a little to be off their game. And yes, sure a lot of that could be between the ears.

Just as the ever increasing injury list is deflating for us as supporters, no doubt it is for the team as well.

We’ve played with a makeshift forward line all season kes. Not to mention weeks without 3 of our mids. No other team is currently playing without their two KPF.

Forms been down. But injuries are still a big part. How many times are players having to shuffle positions etc. it has an impact
They’re absolutely a factor. I’m not disputing that.
But last year we had no ruckman for several weeks. A key back out half the season.
Lipinski out half the season.
Dan McStay missed more games than he played.
Then plenty of others too. It didn’t stop us. The system worked.

We don’t rely heavily on a key forward. We get goals from several channels.

Biggest change this year outside of definite drop in motivation has been our leaky defence and frequent goalless quarters now.

I think the opening round concept sent us backwards too.
The players didn’t seem physically ready to start so early.

Hopefully it just doesn't exist next year. If they want a round only in Qld/NSW, just include everyone.
exactly!!

Just scrap it - was a failed experiment IMO.
But if it is going to still happen, all teams play in those two states then!

We are a massive meal ticket for the AFL, so if they do decide to do it again, you can bet your house on that we will be included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate that term "hamstring awareness". Usually players who feel funny in the hammies, then go out and play that weekend, tend to ping the hammie in real game time.
I wonder if the club will risk Howie this Friday night. I hope not, particularly if he is feeling some tightness in that area.

I hate that term "hamstring awareness". Usually players who feel funny in the hammies, then go out and play that weekend, tend to ping the hammie in real game time.
I wonder if the club will risk Howie this Friday night. I hope not, particularly if he is feeling some tightness in that area.
If the scan shows that there is nothing wrong, then maybe it is “just cramp.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back