Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

face GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why am I not surprised?

Only surprise is why did they put him back on.

There must have been better options for JLo than to have someone with one leg playing the last vital minutes.
That’s on medicos advice, JLo’s up in the box.

There’s not a coach in Australia in that game situation not putting him back on.

That’s on medicos advice, JLo’s up in the box.

There’s not a coach in Australia in that game situation not putting him back on.
I can't believe the Dr didn't pick up PCL sprain or mild tear.

Would it have been their advice to go back on, knowing they would be on one leg or in danger of maybe making it worse?

I can't believe the Dr didn't pick up PCL sprain or mild tear.

Would it have been their advice to go back on, knowing they would be on one leg or in danger of maybe making it worse?
But what you’re suggesting is that the doctors have said he is not good to go & JLo has said too bad he’s going back on. The question is always is there risk of further damage? from coaches.

No where has it been said that it was a mild tear, likely a small strain which if it’s presenting as stable is difficult not to suggest he can go back on. Particularly for a player like Treacy who I reckon would have said it feels fine.

But what you’re suggesting is that the doctors have said he is not good to go & JLo has said too bad he’s going back on.

No where has it been said that it was a mild tear, likely a small strain which if it’s presenting as stable is difficult not to suggest he can go back on. Particularly for a player like Treacy who I reckon would have said it feels fine.
Like you've said I don't believe JLo would have over ruled the Dr.

It was a classic PCL impact and I think I saw the medico test for that.

Judging by only a couple of weeks I agree about it being a strain, but am confused about why risk him (assuming this is a medico decision) going back on when he would have been on one leg and opening up to the possibility of a more serious injury.

The mismangement of an unfit/injured Darcy the last two weeks has cost us two games.
We're not a serious football club. The coach to the match committee to the medical staff to the player himself. No clarity of thought amongst any of them.
Fix this shit up or go nowhere, ever

We are not ready yet, tip out Darcy and Treacy for the season to prevent any long term damage.. and Jackson while we are at it, who obviously isn't 100%

Everyone is a test except for Moose and Corbett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back