Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh I didn’t realise it was quite that bad! Dont want to be a body shamer but a professional athlete making that much coin should not be in that condition.

Exactly… I love this club and I am not happy with the money he is getting to take the piss. We all know he is taking this piss(LITERALLY).. that belly is as much as a beer belly/wine belly you will ever see. I was defending him from other family members and friends at the start of the year but the Essendon game I just lost it. Nah he’s not fit and it’s his fault.

Fact is.. Darcy is in a very professional environment like one of the best in the world even if he couldn’t run due to his surgery’s he has all that gym equipment and the best trainers who can give him a diet to follow and a program without using his legs that would keep him FIT in this time. He just doesn’t follow it, simple as that.

Seeing Hayden Young hobble around in the last quarter was like watching Nat Fyfe in the 2015 prelim.

My gf at the time, not knowing a lot about footy said that Fyfe playing on a broken leg might have consequences on the longevity of his career. She may have been right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy will come back next year looking like a tall jockey. All muscle, zero fat.
Darcy 2025 preview:
National Basketball Association Sport GIF by NBA

Darcy has been a professional athlete since he was a teenager, the club has doctors, dietitians and personal trainers on the payroll. I imagine he has a curated diet and he probably sticks to it. Any issue he has with fitness is largely injury based. Anyone here who thinks they know more than him on this subject are probably wrong

Darcy has been a professional athlete since he was a teenager, the club has doctors, dietitians and personal trainers on the payroll. I imagine he has a curated diet and he probably sticks to it. Any issue he has with fitness is largely injury based. Anyone here who thinks they know more than him on this subject are probably wrong
'Imagine' is correct.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. And we know he cooks from his interview on the Young Bull Old Buck podcast. He destroyed Aaron Sandilands kitchen while he was making Thai food. He dropped and smashed a bottle of fish oil. 🤣

When your injured you need to cut down the calories to suit your energy needs. He clearly doesnt. Both JL and Serong have hinted to such. His body is hard evidence. The club doesnt have a camera at his house to make sure he isnt eating a tub of ice cream a night even if the club dieticians are telling him to snack on air fryed spinach.

Edit: Remember Walters battle with skin fold tests? Lyon ended up sending him away to Swan Districts until he lost the puppy fat. Despite all the info and testing some players still struggle with diets.

Yep. And we know he cooks from his interview on the Young Bull Old Buck podcast. He destroyed Aaron Sandilands kitchen while he was making Thai food. He dropped and smashed a bottle of fish oil. 🤣
Oh well that will certainly stack on the kilos... :rolleyes:

I was agreeing with One Wing that he almost certainly eats healthy. And he likes to cook homemade meals. Someone here posted that he has an unhealthy diet like he lives on Maccas or something.
Define healthy. No one is worried about the type of foods he eats, we are worried about the amount of food he eats.

Define healthy. No one is worried about the type of foods he eats, we are worried about the amount of food he eats.

Maybe that’s his issue, you can eat (almost) as much as you want if you eat healthy, never need to go hungry.
Sugar has chemicals that turn off your receptors to feeling sated, so by eating unhealthy you tend to eat more anyway.
Sugar also lowers your testosterone levels so you tend to store fat instead of building muscle.
Proteins are opposite, tend to make you full.
Plenty of very tasty meal options with just proteins, healthy fats, vegetables, and smaller quantities of nuts and fruit.
Is bloody hard to break the sugar addiction but once you do your life (and body) changes noticeably for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back