2024 Jesse Hogan vs. 2018 Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton and Crows both had two double up games against bottom 4 opposition.

Both grabbing 19 goals in two games against West Coast and 4 against Gold Coast.

GWS has played Richmond, North, West Coast and the Crows only once this season.

GWS has doubled up against Brisbane, Carlton, Hawthorn, Sydney and Gold Coast.

Its pretty safe to say Walker and Curnow got a much softer run at it.
Fine to have that belief and all but if we were ruling out games vs shit teams half the key forwards in history would have some of their best games of their careers wiped out.

Key forwards have always dined out vs bad teams, it's part and parcel of the job.

Last year Curnow in the regular season was going at almost 3.5 goals a game, 5.5 shots on goal and 8.1 score Involvements a game. Also had 62 coaches votes which is immense for a key forward in the modern game. Tex was very close behind that in most categories too.

Can blame it all on WCE if you want but he was extraordinary last season, both their 2023 seasons were considerably ahead of Jesse this season.

Last year Curnow in the regular season was going at almost 3.5 goals a game, 5.5 shots on goal and 8.1 score Involvements a game. Also had 62 coaches votes which is immense for a key forward in the modern game. Tex was very close behind that in most categories too.
Its a lot easier to do that when you're getting 6 games against bottom 4 opposition.

For Hogan's five double up games, 4 of the opponents will be playing Finals.

Fine to have that belief and all but if we were ruling out games vs shit teams half the key forwards in history would have some of their best games of their careers wiped out.

Key forwards have always dined out vs bad teams, it's part and parcel of the job.

Can blame it all on WCE if you want but he was extraordinary last season, both their 2023 seasons were considerably ahead of Jesse this season.
Hogan was on 48 coaches votes before his B.O.G against Freo, so would now be on 58.

Just 4 votes shy of Curnow 2023 heading into the final round of the season.

Yet quite a few more goals for Charlie, which very much did reflect the huge hauls against the cellar dwellars. Yes every forward does it, but Curnow did take it to a new level in 2023.

If Hogan has a strong finals series I think he'd at the very least match Curnow's 2023, if not surpass it.

The 2024 version of J. Hogan wraps up the Coleman medal. Great reward after years of adversity after a cancer diagnosis and rejection by other clubs.

Fair call but did he also have the score involvements of 24 in 18?
I dont know.

Hogan in 2018 kicked 47 goals and 23 behinds from 20 games. Not bad for a Bloke in his 4th or 5th season as a 22 or 23 year old.

Hogan in 2024 kicked 67 goals and 23 behinds from 22 games. Not bad for a bloke in his prime years in that 26-29 year old range.

Astonishing bargain buy for GWS.

I know he had off field concerns but it’s bizarre they couldn’t make it work at Freo and had to flog him so cheap.
Because its the Dockers.

Decent players get traded in to Freo from other clubs. They Join freo and turn to poo. They leave Freo and become good again. Jesse Hogan is one, Harley Bennell is another, Blake Acres is another, Rory Lobb is another.

Was probably in line for AA in 2018 before getting injured late in the season

Having said that he looks much more dominate this year and is having big games against good teams in important games. Alot more than he did in 2018

True …. Not rejected, just shipped off for a packet of chips due to troubles partly of his own making . Still a great redemption story
Its a darn shame isn't it? I rather Jesse Hogan did his redemption story..... At the dockers.

Not gonna mention about an ex GWS forward Freo traded in at the end of 2016. He isn't with us anymore.

But I wished that bloke had a redemption story and revived his career at the dockers.

Its a darn shame isn't it? I rather Jesse Hogan did his redemption story..... At the dockers.

Not gonna mention about an ex GWS forward Freo traded in at the end of 2016. He isn't with us anymore.

But I wished that bloke had a redemption story and revived his career at the dockers.
I think the local press have a lot to answer for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True …. Not rejected, just shipped off for a packet of chips due to troubles partly of his own making . Still a great redemption story

Not sure that's correct. It was all his doing wasn't it? He was playing up and at times, totally out of control from what I have heard.

Whether he's had a better season than Curnow last year, I guess his finals series will be the decider. Curnow may have had a better H&A season but and that's been explained already re: his goals against lesser teams. It's finals where reputations are made (or not in Curnow's case).

Not sure that's correct. It was all his doing wasn't it? He was playing up and at times, totally out of control from what I have heard.

Whether he's had a better season than Curnow last year, I guess his finals series will be the decider. Curnow may have had a better H&A season but and that's been explained already re: his goals against lesser teams. It's finals where reputations are made (or not in Curnow's case).
I not sure you can put him going if the rails after losing his father, cancer scare and his ankle problems all on him.

Sure he made bad choices, but they were contributing factors not the only factors

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Jesse Hogan vs. 2018 Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back