List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyson Stengle is the perfect fit for us
Just get it done Austin or maybe we should be speaking to Eddie Betts missus

Could someone explain why when we recruit: cincotta, boyd and cowan to run and carry off half back, they rarely if ever do?
Principally because they have a combined 50ish games, and run and carry comes with game time and confidence. Boyd has begun to expand his game only as his place in the side has become relatively safe

Also they have clearly been instructed to play largely lock down roles...Saad, Doc, Williams, McGovern and increasingly Weitering have/had been given the license to zone off.

I don’t like Shai Bolton BUT in our side as a small forward would go to the next level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tyson Stengle as a FA is the one we need.

Looking ahead to even next year, we have some big contracts that need to be sorted hopefully before then.

IMG_7706.png

One would think if we haven’t jagged a premiership this year or next, a few decent players might be in trouble. It’s always good to look that one year forward

Only chance we have of getting Hayward is if he chooses Victoria over his home state of SA.

Definitely need someone to infiltrate his camp. Calling on Georgie Hewett to step up
After knowing his Mrs for a few years before she moved up to Syd, I would be shocked if they moved back to SA. Will be at a big Melbourne club or Sydney imo.

You think we should be offering less than the average wage to try to poach a restricted free agent?
Restricted or not, I’d pay him what his worth and what he has done over his career.
For me, we don’t need a Cottrell or Owies…..we need another Betts or Judd. Magic and/or Speed.
If they’re not available then so be it. Draft!!

I will add, Motlop will grow into the small wizard, along with Durdin. One might have more flash than the other but long term they will complement each other. We just, for once, need to be patient. I don’t buy we don’t have time and our window is now, either. Both can play their role this year - just get them on the park.

We should be smarter than that now, as our list is better than desperately throwing salary or even draft picks away. That’s the way I see it.

You think we should be offering less than the average wage to try to poach a restricted free agent?

Some people just don’t understand how it works these days. This is the type of deal and $$ required to get in proven in demand AFL quality for free.

Fortunately I think the people in charge at Carlton are pretty well across it. Cook isn’t signing off on anything silly.

Restricted or not, I’d pay him what his worth and what he has done over his career.
For me, we don’t need a Cottrell or Owies…..we need another Betts or Judd. Magic and/or Speed.
If they’re not available then so be it. Draft!!

I will add, Motlop will grow into the small wizard, along with Durdin. One might have more flash than the other but long term they will complement each other. We just, for once, need to be patient. I don’t buy we don’t have time and our window is now, either. Both can play their role this year - just get them on the park.

We should be smarter than that now, as our list is better than desperately throwing salary or even draft picks away. That’s the way I see it.
Motlop hasn't played a game this year and Durdin is playing terrible footy atm. They are a long way from any sort of wizardry while the biological clock continues to tick on Cripps, Saad, Gov, Newman etc.

We need a fix this off season if they continue to hold us back as a side. We're in our window and we must capitalize even if it means being ruthless re list management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people just don’t understand how it works these days. This is the type of deal and $$ required to get in proven in demand AFL quality for free.

Fortunately I think the people in charge at Carlton are pretty well across it. Cook isn’t signing off on anything silly.

Agreed. You don't get a free agent offering BELOW market rate. You have to pay a bit over what their current club is offering (and at least level with what the other 6 clubs chasing him will pay).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back