Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"They've been absolutely shafted with their draw. The AFL has done them dirty."

Lol I actually saw that quote and started to watch that clip thinking we were about to be given some sympathy for being shipped to Tasmania.

Turns out I’m a fool

How in the **** can someone say the Hawks have been shafted...

Lol I actually saw that quote and started to watch that clip thinking we were about to be given some sympathy for being shipped to Tasmania.

Turns out I’m a fool

We were up by 3 with 7 minutes to go, yet they are one of the most watchable teams?

Turns out I’m a fool

Perhaps Kane should have a read of themongrelpunt.com and see who they think are actually being shafted by the (V)AFL. I'll post it here to save Cornes the trouble.

Is it fair Fremantle travel to UTAS every year?

I read many angry comments today from Fremantle supporters complaining as to why they are the only away team that gets a yearly visit to play at UTAS, and I’ll add another for Docker fans, GMHBA stadium. While I normally ignore the grumbles around the fixture, I agree with the angst being felt from out west.

Firstly, I’ll start with Collingwood, who in a combination of home games and away games, play five of their last six games at the MCG. This is the same Collingwood who have never set foot on Tasmanian soil, who have not had to travel to GHMBA for the entirety of Scott Pendlebury’s career (Pendlebury has never played a game in Tassie or Geelong), and while I am at it, the Pies have never played a game in the Northern Territory.

So based on the Collingwood example alone, there is a massive disparity in the amount of travel Fremantle face each season, and I don’t mean the normal travel, I am referring to flying 5 hours and then getting on another flight for an hour or so or getting on bus and travelling down Geelong Road.

Collingwood is not the only, example I can find. Carlton, Essendon and Richmond are not that far behind in the disparity of travel stakes, so yes Fremantle, you have a right to be royally pissed off with the knobs at AFL House who think the above is fair or part of the AFL’s genesis of an impartial and fair fixture.

Peter Monagle themongrelpunt.com

Perhaps Kane should have a read of themongrelpunt.com and see who they think are actually being shafted by the (V)AFL. I'll post it here to save Cornes the trouble.

Is it fair Fremantle travel to UTAS every year?

I read many angry comments today from Fremantle supporters complaining as to why they are the only away team that gets a yearly visit to play at UTAS, and I’ll add another for Docker fans, GMHBA stadium. While I normally ignore the grumbles around the fixture, I agree with the angst being felt from out west.

Firstly, I’ll start with Collingwood, who in a combination of home games and away games, play five of their last six games at the MCG. This is the same Collingwood who have never set foot on Tasmanian soil, who have not had to travel to GHMBA for the entirety of Scott Pendlebury’s career (Pendlebury has never played a game in Tassie or Geelong), and while I am at it, the Pies have never played a game in the Northern Territory.

So based on the Collingwood example alone, there is a massive disparity in the amount of travel Fremantle face each season, and I don’t mean the normal travel, I am referring to flying 5 hours and then getting on another flight for an hour or so or getting on bus and travelling down Geelong Road.

Collingwood is not the only, example I can find. Carlton, Essendon and Richmond are not that far behind in the disparity of travel stakes, so yes Fremantle, you have a right to be royally pissed off with the knobs at AFL House who think the above is fair or part of the AFL’s genesis of an impartial and fair fixture.

Peter Monagle themongrelpunt.com
perhaps you should ask the Fremantle Club where they nominate to play. They dont get all nominations.

But you may be surprised at their choices.

perhaps you should ask the Fremantle Club where they nominate to play. They dont get all nominations.

But you may be surprised at their choices.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re saying we specifically ask to play Hawks in Tassie instead of MCG?

Not saying you’re wrong but would be absolutely flabbergasted if so given our record there, and our desperation to get experience on the MCG

Getting a bit sick of the whinging of going to Tassie, guess where we are playing the Tassie team when it comes in for 2029, thats right Tassie.

We will be going there every 2 years anyway

Turns out I’m a fool
Me same... I thought it was about us.. but then I thought it is Kane so something wrong... when I heard in full.

Confirmed

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This whole “shafted by the draw” is a 50:50 argument at best. No one knows who is going to be good or shit when the fixture is released (we usually have a fair-ish idea). And the sweeping statements are made when teams can drop in or out of the 8 easily. We could have 4 games against top 8 teams to go and then the next week it could be 3 if someone drops out.

The only time you can make an argument for a fixture being shit is based on the venues, turn around time and when the fixture actually comes out and you have the previous seasons ladder positions as a basis - because these factors don’t change.

Getting a bit sick of the whinging of going to Tassie, guess where we are playing the Tassie team when it comes in for 2029, thats right Tassie.

You realise that Tassie coming in actually fixes this inequality? We will no longer be selectively pushed there, the bigger Melbourne clubs will be forced to travel there.

You realise that Tassie coming in actually fixes this inequality? We will no longer be selectively pushed there, the bigger Melbourne clubs will be forced to travel there.
The Afl will have to have a fair system that they go by though. Otherwise, Collingwood will only play down there once every 4 years or something and Tassie will most always be playing Collingwood in Victoria miraculously, somehow. Especially as not all teams play each other twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Afl will have to have a fair system that they go by though. Otherwise, Collingwood will only play down there once every 4 years or something and Tassie will most always be playing Collingwood in Victoria miraculously, somehow. Especially as not all teams play each other twice.

Yeah I do have some optimism the wheel is very slowly turning in that regard. There are always going to be decisions made based on $$ rather equity, and the competitions over representation of Victorian teams will always steer towards being disadvantageous to non VIC teams.
But - I feel like there has been enough of a groundswell lately that some of the more fixable inequalities will be addressed.

We will be travelling there more...

Vic to Tassie is a lot closer than Perth to Tassie anyway, not sure how this "Fixes" anything
if WA teams disnt want to travel they shouldnt have joined the AFL/VFL .

Simple stick to WAFL only.

No we want to participate and we will travel to wherever they want us to go.

GOOD teams win any where any TIME

I see it like this -

GREAT teams win anywhere, anytime.

We’re still developing and at least a couple of years away from entering our prime. However this year is wide open and there’s an opportunity for a team to snatch a flag. Therefore any undue disadvantage that might cost us a top 4 finish is not meaningless.

This of course supposes that we’re a better chance to beat the Hawks at the MCG, which I believe is the case, and I think you guys probably disagree on that specific point.

No. We don't have to do whatever they say, especially if it causes inequality in the competition. They wanted WC and Adelaide in the competition because they needed the money. We saved their arses. We don't have to put up with this shite from them.

No. We don't have to do whatever they say, especially if it causes inequality in the competition. They wanted WC and Adelaide in the competition because they needed the money. We saved their arses. We don't have to put up with this shite from them.
then feel free to leave the compettion !

IT will never happen

So we jsut play and over come the issues if we can

MAjority of fans live in VICTORIA especially Melb so the game is built around getting them to most matches

it is simple

then feel free to leave the compettion !

IT will never happen

So we jsut play and over come the issues if we can

MAjority of fans live in VICTORIA especially Melb so the game is built around getting them to most matches

it is simple
If you are a doormat, it is simple. Our wealth is propping up a lot of unsustainable clubs. Just because they used some of the money well, that doesn't mean they should forget how they got it in the first place.

If you are a doormat, it is simple. Our wealth is propping up a lot of unsustainable clubs. Just because they used some of the money well, that doesn't mean they should forget how they got it in the first place.
again if the CLUB doesnt want to do it . Just leave the Compeetetion

Life is simple. The club either makes money in WAFL and doestn Play AFL anymore.

or it plays AFL and traveld where ever they told to travel

The biggest will win out.

Simple

What have you been smoking.
No one is taking about us not travelling at all.
We r on the other side of the country, it came with joining to the AFL.
2 issues.
1. We have to do the extra trips like Tassie every year. Collingwood have never played there. Yes it’s a money decision but that isn’t fair.
2. The big VIC teams don’t have the same travel schedules. There are 8 interstate sides yet teams like Collingwood have fixtures that give them a huge advantage. Last season post bye, Collingwood had the last 11/13 games in Melbourne, travelled to Adelaide and Goldcoast.
Brisbane had 7/13 games at the GABBA, with a trip Optus against us as one of the away games.
This year Carlton play 8/10 games post bye in Melbourne and then 2 guaranteed finals in Melbourne (assuming they finish top 2).
I 100% agree, win anywhere anytime! As long as everyone has to win in the same place, with same amount of travel as everyone else.
Will never happen but to say travel shouldn’t have any impact on a player and team’s performance is just ludicrous. .

What have you been smoking.
No one is taking about us not travelling at all.
We r on the other side of the country, it came with joining to the AFL.
2 issues.
1. We have to do the extra trips like Tassie every year. Collingwood have never played there. Yes it’s a money decision but that isn’t fair.
2. The big VIC teams don’t have the same travel schedules. There are 8 interstate sides yet teams like Collingwood have fixtures that give them a huge advantage. Last season post bye, Collingwood had the last 11/13 games in Melbourne, travelled to Adelaide and Goldcoast.
Brisbane had 7/13 games at the GABBA, with a trip Optus against us as one of the away games.
This year Carlton play 8/10 games post bye in Melbourne and then 2 guaranteed finals in Melbourne (assuming they finish top 2).
I 100% agree, win anywhere anytime! As long as everyone has to win in the same place, with same amount of travel as everyone else.
Will never happen but to say travel shouldn’t have any impact on a player and team’s performance is just ludicrous. .
It is not meant o be fair , it is meant o be about money otherwise the players won’t be paid as much .

As fans it is hard to accept . But it is what it is , it not going to change unless they play each time the same number of times . The players and clubs don’t want longer seasons so that not an option . And we never going to a shorter season due to tv rights .

So when things can’t be changed we have to do whatever it takes to win those games at venues we may not like .

We have the world stacked against us but so did all interstate teams that play . Maybe not as bad as us , but it is what it is

So improve skills and we win enough matches

Too many games every year we should have won and could have won

We seem to have mental issues at times and as a club we need to do all we can

If travel is too long , then arrive earlier , a few days before a game . Prepare

Work out how to overcome the tiredness of long flights etc

They are full time professional

Nothing to be gained by complaining about things that will never change

Collingwood will never play more games away from mcg Essendon sane .

The club can get better and it will

Turns out I’m a fool

Personally can’t wait to hear what they say when hawks and north sell two home games to WA every year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back