Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they do. Of course.
But that’s not news for anyone.

What’s being lost on people is every team gets to lobby the afl for certain fixtures, us included. For example we look for a home Len Hall game every year.
We ask to play an Adelaide team before or after gather round. Things like that.

Where things could be more fair is looking into how often the SA, Qld and Sydney teams as well as WCE, play in Launceston. I haven’t looked that that. It shouldn’t be any more frequent than us.
This was our first Launceston game since 2021 from memory though. We played them at the G last year in R23 because the hawks had some kind of anniversary that weekend I think I recall.

My biggest fear is we will be playing the new Tassie side at York park more often than we should. They will surely play 2-3 a year up there.
It's reached comical levels how much we are getting ****ed on the grand scheme of things though. Like, there has never been a bigger disadvantage to being a WA or SA club. WC for all their faults are getting ****ed on the draft, we are getting ****ed on trying to compete while doing the travel we are. At least SA clubs get a literal extra home game every year.

It's just another shit sandwich to chuck into the picnic and honestly, **** that big club noise. I'm pretty sure Hawks WANT to play there and asked for it ages ago. The numbers of who has played there and who hasnt is just bullshit, then you read some ******* on a big vic board crying about their fixture or Sydney nuffy cry about how unfair it is while never missing finals because they get elite talent top ups every 3 or so years for free and it's just all infuriating.

We sound like whiney kids but honestly, with the record every club has against Hawks in Tassie, is it not reasonable to suggest playing their just cost us outright 2nd? "Git good" and all that, but why do we have to "git gooder" then every other team in order to complete ALL while literally giving more money then most other clubs so other clubs can keep having a leg up on us.

Nup, not copping it, the whinging will continue until fairness improves.

End rant

Last edited:
It's reached comical levels how much we are getting ****ed on the grand scheme of things though. Like, there has never been a bigger disadvantage to being a WA or SA club. WC for all their faults are getting ****ed on the draft, we are getting ****ed on trying to compete while doing the travel we are. At least SA clubs get a literal extra home game every year.

It's just another shit sandwich to chuck into the picnic and honestly, ** that big club noise. I'm pretty sure Hawks WANT to play there and asked for it ages ago. The numbers of who has played there and who hasnt is just bullshit, then you read some ***** on a big vic board crying about their fixture or Sydney nuffy cry about how unfair it is while never missing finals because they get elite talent top ups every 3 or so years for free and it's just all infuriating.

We sound like whiney kids but honestly, with the record every club has against Hawks in Tassie, is it not reasonable to suggest playing their just cost us outright 2nd? "Git good" and all that, but why do we have to "git gooder" then every other team in order to complete ALL while literally giving more money then most other clubs so other clubs can keep having a leg up on us.

Nup, not copping it, the whinging will continue until fairness improves.

End rant
It’s a well formed rant and I don’t disagree with much of it.
I think people are overlooking the fact that’s it’s almost certainly Hawthorn who specifically ask the afl to play us so often in Launceston. And the reasons why are pretty obvious. All about money.
The sooner Tas come in the better anyway. It will no longer be a thing then.

What's ****ed is that we have played in Alice Springs and Tasmania in the same season.

Both should have been MCG games.

I'm also sure Hawthorn wouldn't want to sell their games against us to be played in Perth once Tasmania is in the comp - it takes away their competitive advantage for the match.

Last edited:
What's ****ed is that we have played in Alice Springs and Tasmania in the same season.

Both should have been MCG games.

I'm also sure Hawthorn wouldn't want to sell their games against us to be played in Perth once Tasmania is in the comp - it takes away their competitive advantage for the match.
Hawkfawn getting Tassie matches when there's a Tasmanian team in the works is nothing but another Vicentric gratuity.

Although I'm sure the gravy train will just move on to another station, given their membership of that privileged circle, when the noise against it becomes way too loud to ignore.

If we had any sense we’d have done more outreach to develop a following in Tassie over the years. There’s a footy team there called the Burney Dockers and our captain is from there. We had a few days in Alice doing community engagement stuff. Probably too late now with the new team on the horizon.

Today I learned Luke Ryan has a cousin who plays for Brisbane. 4 career games.View attachment 2049863
Mid season draftee for hawthorn

Played 3 games for hawks (1 against Luke in round 24 last year, nice photo somewhere)

1 game for lions after brissy asked for him in the Gunston deal

Still very raw but was a mature draftee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff you already know but it still feels nice to read it.

Hehehebehaa haa
View attachment 2049840

Kane at the time.
View attachment 2049849

Big thanks to Stevie on twitter. @FootyChatterWA

David Walls may have also played a part.
Eh he’ll still end up a good player for them. Just a poor first season gelling with the team. I’d still take him over pick 7 at this point. He’s the exact player we’re missing.

Eh he’ll still end up a good player for them. Just a poor first season gelling with the team. I’d still take him over pick 7 at this point. He’s the exact player we’re missing.
right if he is playing we probably don't lose to carlton, port or hawks. So would we take a top 2 ladder position over pick 7? Yeah I think we would.

It’s a well formed rant and I don’t disagree with much of it.
I think people are overlooking the fact that’s it’s almost certainly Hawthorn who specifically ask the afl to play us so often in Launceston. And the reasons why are pretty obvious. All about money.
The sooner Tas come in the better anyway. It will no longer be a thing then.
Hawthorn still have a year to go on their Tassie contract, and I am sure theyw ill ask for an extension.And, you can bet that Fremantle will be one of the lucky teams to play them down there again next year.
Both WA clubs need to bash and belt tables at this conference being held in WA.
Stand up to the big bully VFL clubs.

Why do I always get the feeling that the two Melbourne based, VFL sycophants, consider it an inconvenience to have to interview Longmuire on their VFL biased show.
It was great to hear JL slam Face Scrubber about how he thought JL wanted to jump through the TV and smash him in the face.
I guess it is just some of the shit we have to put up with to attempt to become relevant in others eyes.

Hawthorn still have a year to go on their Tassie contract, and I am sure theyw ill ask for an extension.And, you can bet that Fremantle will be one of the lucky teams to play them down there again next year.
Both WA clubs need to bash and belt tables at this conference being held in WA.
Stand up to the big bully VFL clubs.

Pretty sure current agreement is going to be it for the Hawks down there. AFL need all the Taswegians to get invested in the Devils. Hawks loyalists down there will still be able to see them when they play the Tassie team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back