NCAA 2024 - NCAA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There have been a few articles on the monkey bite. Its an interesting thing.

But wouldnt want netflix to touch it as a doco or anything with how shit the Manzeil and Florida football ones were.
Would love a death of the Pac-12 doco but if Netflix did it, they would make it a sympathetic PR piece for ESPN and Fox.

death of the Pac12 would be so interesting from USC sneaking around to join the Big10 and having to bring a partner, Larry Scott and all the shit he did with not expanding on the Pac-12 network, the TV deal on the table with ESPN/Fox after USC and UCLA left that one of the Arizona schools kept voting against thinking they could get more money then the Big12 jumping in and taking that same deal therefore taking it off the table. Colorado jumping at the first chance and being the only school joining the Big12 to get a full share and a signing bonus. the Apple TV deal that once again the Arizona school was trying to squeeze for more money leading the Oregon and Washington talking to the Big10 and the Oregon vote to leave the Pac12 that included a school president voting via zoom on a golf course. then ASU, Arizona and Utah going to the Big12 and Stanford/Cal to ACC. and lets not forget CALimony that has UCLA paying Cal $10m a year for the next 3 years with it being reviewed again to be extended another 3 years in 2027

Nebr

Wisconsin too high because they have a brutal schedule. USC too high unless they discovered how to defend, Indiana will be 3-5 slots higher

Nebraska is 8 is a joke. No winning seasons since 2016, their best conference record during that spell is 3-6! They'd be lucky to be 8th in the old West division (that only has 7 teams).

Nebraska are entering the Matt Rhule second season. That usually sees a jump in performance and record. I think a lot of the hype is around Raiola at QB but that is a lot of pressure on a freshman.

I do wonder if they are underrating Washington. I know they have lost a lot but you would think they still have enough quality to be the 5th best team.

Am I correct in assuming that Alabama have fallen away after Saban's retirement and players not wanting to go there anymore?

Want to find a team to support and get into it this season. Have only ever casually watched while not really following any one in particular.

Had some transfer out, some look at transferring and then stay. Some transferred in.
dont think anyone knows what they will be like. likely just fall back a bit. But not going to become Vandy.

Watch more games and see what team feels right.

Am I correct in assuming that Alabama have fallen away after Saban's retirement and players not wanting to go there anymore?

Want to find a team to support and get into it this season. Have only ever casually watched while not really following any one in particular.

Not looking like that yet. One of the biggest questions with Deboer taking over is would he be able to recruit the south and he is proving he can. They have had some players leave but others have transferred in and they are recruiting at a very high level.

Everybody is hoping that Saban leaving drops them down a level or two but it is not looking like that is going to be the case.

I've been leaning towards Texas, for the most stupid reason haha. I love Matty McConaughey, he put them on the radar to me. Love the colours and the Hook 'em gimmick.

Want to try and watch some more of their games this year if I can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Debore was doing well at Oregon with recruiting. Alabama wont feel any real changes for a few years. If they are no longer an automatic 10+ win team in 3 years thats when you will see the recruiting and transfers slow

I've been leaning towards Texas, for the most stupid reason haha. I love Matty McConaughey, he put them on the radar to me. Love the colours and the Hook 'em gimmick.

Want to try and watch some more of their games this year if I can.
Then you and gaskin can be rivals.

if you pick texas you will have an incompetent alcoholic head coach and an assistant with a stripper wife and a monkey that bit a kid. But also top 5 pick QB in Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning for 2026.

Being an SEC team most games will be easy to find since its 100% ESPN broadcast deal. only ones hard to find will be road games vs teams with non ESPN TV deals. but they will also have a couple of 2AM games every year.

Then you and gaskin can be rivals.

That is incredible footage haha.
if you pick texas you will have an incompetent alcoholic head coach and an assistant with a stripper wife and a monkey that bit a kid. But also top 5 pick QB in Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning for 2026.

Being an SEC team most games will be easy to find since its 100% ESPN broadcast deal. only ones hard to find will be road games vs teams with non ESPN TV deals. but they will also have a couple of 2AM games every year.
That all sounds as insane as I've heard college football can be. Everything written there is convincing me more and more that Texas may be the right choice haha.

That is incredible footage haha.

That all sounds as insane as I've heard college football can be. Everything written there is convincing me more and more that Texas may be the right choice haha.

For the monkey bit, you need to search for Pole Assassin. It is great reading- especially if you can find the Reddit thread on r/CFB.

He'll be gone. He hard charges of DV against him when he transferred from South Carolina that were eventually thrown out. This seems to be a pattern and one Kirby will not tolerate.

If it was a small school the conference and/or NCAA would of come down hard on lack on institutional control by now.

They are making the 90's U look like small time crooks.

I always recommend a Western School in a league with an ESPN contract.
Would be by far the easiest to watch.

So I would probably say someone like Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, BYU, Colorado etc.

Much easier to support a team who plays at noon on kayo than a team that plays at 3am on some illegal streaming service.

Remove this Banner Ad

NCAA 2024 - NCAA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back