NCAA 2024 - NCAA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As part of my research into Texas, I came across the Red River rivalry.

Absolutely amazed that they play at a 'neutral' venue every season. Can't think of another sport where that happens.
Florida and Georgia play every year at the Jags stadium

Also, can someone explain to me why Notre Dame insists on remaining independent? Seems ridiculous to me.
Got to set their own schedule and were making more TV money that way. now they can make just as much money if not more joining the Big10. and the playoff rules kinda go against independents.

they joined the ACC in all sports other then football like 10 years ago and have to schedule 4 or 5 ACC teams a year, which is what killed the ND vs Michigan and Michigan State games.

Florida and Georgia play every year at the Jags stadium

For now. Kirby hates it and has been trying to get it back to alternating home venues ever since he got to Georgia. There has been some talk over the last couple of years that they could end the neutral site for the game.

Got to set their own schedule and were making more TV money that way. now they can make just as much money if not more joining the Big10. and the playoff rules kinda go against independents.

they joined the ACC in all sports other then football like 10 years ago and have to schedule 4 or 5 ACC teams a year, which is what killed the ND vs Michigan and Michigan State games.
Are they joining the Big 10?

Just seems like there'd be more advantages to them joining a conference now, rather than going it alone. But I might be misreading that.

Are they joining the Big 10?

Just seems like there'd be more advantages to them joining a conference now, rather than going it alone. But I might be misreading that.
Not right now. they just re-upped with NBC but next round of realignment im sure they will be given an offer hard to turn down.

It might just come down to how the committee judge them being independent compared to teams that play in-conference. An SEC or Big 10 team with the same record you would assume would be ranked higher due to strength of schedule.

It might just come down to how the committee judge them being independent compared to teams that play in-conference. An SEC or Big 10 team with the same record you would assume would be ranked higher due to strength of schedule.
Independents get punished for no championship game and generally the schedule is weaker.

and there is the power 2 bias within the room and there is no commissioner that can go on a PR campaign with the commentators.

and there is the power 2 bias within the room and there is no commissioner that can go on a PR campaign with the commentators.

That is true but is also somewhat fair since the strength of the SEC and Big 10 far outweighs the Big 12 and ACC. What will really kill them is the 6 auto bids with one of them going to a non-P4 team. That leaves 6 spots up for grabs for them and there will a lot of competition for places.

That is true but is also somewhat fair since the strength of the SEC and Big 10 far outweighs the Big 12 and ACC. What will really kill them is the 6 auto bids with one of them going to a non-P4 team. That leaves 6 spots up for grabs for them and there will a lot of competition for places.
Its all irrelevant anyway. ND always find ways to sink a season before they make a playoff push.

For now. Kirby hates it and has been trying to get it back to alternating home venues ever since he got to Georgia. There has been some talk over the last couple of years that they could end the neutral site for the game.
It's pretty lopsided travel wise unlike the Red River Rivalry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure this is exactly what they had in mind with NIL, it's moved in a blink of an eye from a bit of sponsorship from a local car dealer to Lamborghinis and NIL collectives.

Go for it on 4th down? Donate $50 now. Urgh it's worse than US politics fundraising

I'm sure this is exactly what they had in mind with NIL, it's moved in a blink of an eye from a bit of sponsorship from a local car dealer to Lamborghinis and NIL collectives.

Go for it on 4th down? Donate $50 now. Urgh it's worse than US politics fundraising
NIL being unregulated was a mistake. its taken the boosters out of the shadows but its still as shady.
Sure some schools are doing it the right way and keeping the seedy boosters away and having a cap on NIL money. but the big schools its an arms race where they dont want to know as long as the money gets them the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

NCAA 2024 - NCAA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back