LA Chargers @ Dallas 6AM NFLN
NY Giants @ NY Jets 9:30AM NFLN
Cleveland @ Seattle 12PM NFLN

Monday, August 26

Tennessee @ New Orleans 4AM NFLN
Arizona @ Denver 6:30AM ESPN Kayo
New England @ Washington 10AM ESPN Kayo

Last edited:
Not a bad start. defense was in base most of the game which isnt surprising that they looked poor at times. missed a few open tackles against speedy players and a couple of should be sacks.

1 series and easy long TD on a blitz beater for Love. Run game might be an issue not much there today. DeBoze looked great. if he can keep it up could be a fight for the bottom of the WR room top 5 seem set but next 2 looks between Toure, Heath, Hicks and Deboze. will come down to ST for them

Hey lads,

My first year buying into NFL. The timezones are really bad In Perth, so i never bothered but me and my mates commited to a Dynasty Fantasy league so ive studied and learnt some offensive players. Watched a few snaps so far in preseason but hoping if i take a seat in one of these threads i can learn some more. Cheers.

$25p/m bit steep for maybe 1 or 2 games week so may stick with an stream. Best way to catch highlights? Kayo, Youtube? Sleeper app?

Hey lads,

My first year buying into NFL. The timezones are really bad In Perth, so i never bothered but me and my mates commited to a Dynasty Fantasy league so ive studied and learnt some offensive players. Watched a few snaps so far in preseason but hoping if i take a seat in one of these threads i can learn some more. Cheers.

$25p/m bit steep for maybe 1 or 2 games week so may stick with an stream. Best way to catch highlights? Kayo, Youtube? Sleeper app?
ESPN has at least 6 games a week [TNF, 2x 1PM games, 4:25PM game, SNF, MNF] and they do minis for most where they cut it down to 25mins.
7Mate has 2 games a week a 1PM and a 4:25PM game.

NFL's youtube doesnt do highlights well anymore its like 5 mins per game.

Most of the good big name teams will have most games on either ESPN on 7.

Hey lads,

Subscribe to NFL channel on youtube, they have 5+ min highlights of every game

Looks like we are going to be a much harder defence to play against than we have been for years. It was nice to see us actually stick tackles and stop the run instead of watching opposition backs run straight up the middle of our defence at will. It is only pre-season game 1 but if it is anything to go by then Byron Murphy will be squarely in the frame for defensive rookie of the year. He is an absolute beast.

The NFL is still working out the kinks on the new kickoff rule, and on one preseason play on Saturday, the players, coaches and on-field officials all seemed confused.

On the play, the Jaguars were kicking off and the Chiefs had Mecole Hardman and Deneric Prince back to receive. Prince let the ball sail over his head, thinking it was going to be a touchback, but it landed in the end zone and then bounced back out to the 1-yard line. Hardman then ran into the end zone, kneeled down, and scooped up the ball.

The officials initially ruled touchback. Replay then reversed that call and made it a safety because Hardman was the one who brought the ball back into the end zone.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid indicated after the game that he wants a more detailed explanation.

“I think they’re trying to work that out. Normally when a ball goes in the end zone and you touch it there, then it’s a dead ball, but we’ll get it cleared up and see what they come up with,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said.

Jaguars coach Doug Pederson said the replay review got the call right.

“I’m just glad they went to review,” Pederson said. “The ball landed in the end zone, and now by rule that’s still a live ball. Last year that would have been down — it would have been dead and the ball comes out to the 25 last year. Now the ball is live. So the ball was in the end zone, came out to about the half yard line. The returner was in the end zone but pulled the ball back into the end zone when he took a knee, so safety. That’s the rule. Safety.”

Pederson said his staff understands the rule and immediately told him that the play needed to be reviewed. It happened within the last two minutes of the first half, so the review had to come from the booth and not from Pederson challenging, but he got the officials’ attention and let them know they needed to review it.

“I couldn’t, but let the officials review it. They got together, collaborated on it, obviously went to review, and that was the right ruling,” Pederson said. “I think that’s a good coaching point, for all teams, to coach our returners. . . . It’s really a good teaching moment for everybody, us included, for our returners, and it’s just a great way to learn that rule and to learn the game of football.”

Hardman thinks the NFL still has some work to do to make sure all the rules relating to the new kickoff are figured out.

“It’s a rule they’re going to have to figure out,” Hardman said, via the Kansas City Star. “I’m glad it happened in the preseason. A lot of teams can learn from it.”

With less than a month to go before the start of the regular season, NFL players, coaches and officials are running out of time to figure it out.

Can’t ask for much more from JJ Mcarthy in his first preseason start. His TD throws were to WAY open receivers, but he looked competent after an interception on his first series.

Can’t ask for much more from JJ Mcarthy in his first preseason start. His TD throws were to WAY open receivers, but he looked competent after an interception on his first series.
hows the QB battle going?
Cant imagine you want Darnold starting many games and the rest of the room is not good. QB3 has a good chance to not even be on the roster right now.

Darnold has looked good in training camp and McCarthy has looked like a rookie. Darnold will definitely start the season as QB1 but could be on a short leash if McCarthy continues to develop.

Everything is trending towards McCarthy starting at some stage during the season rather than needing a full season on the bench. that being said he is the youngest QB in the NFL and it wouldn’t surprise me if Darnold started all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darnold still starting at Thanksgiving wouldn't be too healthy for anyone who's job is getting a bit warm.

Dont need to throw the kid out week 1, but mid season switch.

But i was never high on JJ coming out. but since he was picked early and the QB room being ass you cant sit him all year.
Dont feel like he will get extra wins over Darnold if anything might make a few more mistakes and lose an extra game, but the live snaps will let you see what he is and still keep a a likely top 10 pick.

Not that it means a lot in the preseason with players on snap counts, but reading thru the stat lines of the notable offensive skill position rookies not much to report for the WRs, just the odd catch here and there, a few got 2 or 3 catches vs 2nd and 3rd team defences. RBs, seems that Braelon Allen impressed most going at around 9 yards a carry playing as the starter with Breece Hall sitting out for the Jets. Jaylen Wright for the Dolphins also looking good albeit against the second team.

The Falcons placed Bralen Trice on the reserve/injured list Sunday due to a knee injury.
Trice left with athletic trainers in the second quarter of Friday's 20-13 preseason loss to the Dolphins. The season-ending injury is a huge blow to the rookie third-round linebacker, who was playing snaps with both the first- and second-team defenses during training camp. James Smith-Williams, Demone Harris and Bradlee Anae are the main candidates to earn more snaps at outside linebacker behind starters Arnold Ebiketie and Lorenzo Carter with Trice shelved for the entire 2024 season.

Just been over all the rookie QBs every pass and run vids. Looked very composed and mechanically sound, I was impressed.

49ers / Saints cancel joint practice

Just been over all the rookie QBs every pass and run vids. Looked very composed and mechanically sound, I was impressed.
I don't want to get too excited after just a single game but he's definitely trending in the right direction. Pre-season is usually pretty vanilla defensively but he's off to a good start. In training camp he's been up and down (good days/bad days), which is what you would expect from a rookie as the coaches ramp up the complexity.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2024 - NFL Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back