NFL 2024 NFL - Week 8

Remove this Banner Ad

How crazy would it sound 12 months ago for CBS to send Nantz and Romo to a Chicago/Washington game in the 4:25 window on a CBS double header weekend.

Also another week where Fox send the A team to a 4:05 game

If I'm playing the chiefs in the playoffs, I am getting straight on the phone to Brady and Belichick and asking them everything they know about how to beat them.

They are analysing their games every week and getting that outside perspective could be just the ticket to beat them

Kamara was one of their few contracts they could have cut loose and made little money back on.

Not saying that was what they should have done given he's their best player by a mile, but they have so many dud contracts that end up costing them more if they cut them.
Not really they would of only saved 500K this season. sure they would of saved about 1/3 of his deal next year.

looking at his old deal its really a 1 year 2-3M extension but just split some of the money already owed between the next 2 years

Not really they would of only saved 500K this season. sure they would of saved about 1/3 of his deal next year.

looking at his old deal its really a 1 year 2-3M extension but just split some of the money already owed between the next 2 years
I never mentioned letting him go this season.

Probably the best move they could've made given the circumstances, but it just means they're on the hook to him for another year. He'll be 31/32 when his deal ends. A no longer in your prime number.

I never mentioned letting him go this season.

Probably the best move they could've made given the circumstances, but it just means they're on the hook to him for another year. He'll be 31/32 when his deal ends. A no longer in your prime number.
the fake extention would drop his cap number next year from almost 30m to possibly under 20.

the fake extention would drop his cap number next year from almost 30m to possibly under 20.
You've missed my point entirely. Next season was going to be his last. They've cleared $20 off next year's cap, but in true Saints fashion tied themselves to him for 2 more years after that, including a year he wont be playing for them. And I'll be staggered if he's in their best players in 2 years time.

You've missed my point entirely. Next season was going to be his last. They've cleared $20 off next year's cap, but in true Saints fashion tied themselves to him for 2 more years after that, including a year he wont be playing for them. And I'll be staggered if he's in their best players in 2 years time.
This way saves possibly them more money

This way saves possibly them more money
Holy **** dude, not the point im making.

This saves them roughly $12m in the grand scheme of things. But he's on the books for another 3 years when it could've been 1. If they were smart, they'd realise they're no where near competing in the next 2-3 years, cut their losses, trade who they can trade, reset their cap and take their lumps for a couple of years.

Holy **** dude, not the point im making.

This saves them roughly $12m in the grand scheme of things. But he's on the books for another 3 years when it could've been 1. If they were smart, they'd realise they're no where near competing in the next 2-3 years, cut their losses, trade who they can trade, reset their cap and take their lumps for a couple of years.
The Saints never care about future its all about saving money next year.

If they were smart they wouldnt be 100m over every March.

Your point is about doing the smart thing, my point is doing what the Saints have done every year the last 10+

The Saints never care about future its all about saving money next year.

If they were smart they wouldnt be 100m over every March.

Your point is about doing the smart thing, my point is doing what the Saints have done every year the last 10+
Ok so you do get my point but at the same time you're making out as this is a good move for them.

Ok so you do get my point but at the same time you're making out as this is a good move for them.
Nothing the Saints have done in the last 10 years cap wise has been a good move, its always just free up enough money to be legal the next season but never take the hard option of a few years with a roster paid half the league cap just to clear all the dead cap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances CMC is iced for most of the year at the 9ers current rate?
Why add mileage to a lost year?
I dont think they'll quit. Could see them trading for someone like Diontae Johnson.

I dont think they'll quit. Could see them trading for someone like Diontae Johnson.
They're sitting 3rd but already beat the Seahawks so hold a tiebreaker over them, I doubt they need to worry about the Rams/Cards losses. If they can beat the Seahawks again (at home) it should be enough especially with Metcalf now injured.

Doesn't mean they'll do anything in January but may be able to win the division still.

Epicly pointless back and forth. Welcome to big footy.
i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills-will-ferrell.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2024 NFL - Week 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back