NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The 49ers aren't likely to trade Aiyuk for only draft picks but may be willing to deal him if a veteran wide receiver is part of the return, Matt Maiocco of the NBC Sports Bay Area reports.

The problem then becomes that most teams with quality WRs aren't looking to trade them for a player who is in his contract year and holding out for a massive new deal. Maiocco mentions the Browns (and Amari Cooper) as a possible exception, along with the Patriots (and Kendrick Bourne), though the latter wouldn't come anywhere close to making up for the loss of Aiyuk. For now, Aiyuk remains a "hold in" at 49ers training camp, limited to attending meetings and watching practices. Contract negotiations are ongoing, as has seemingly been the case for much of spring and summer.
I said in the Niners thread a month or so ago that Aiyuk for McLaurin + a pick makes some sense.

Maybe Frieirmouth or a Def?
If they are trading Aiyuk they need someone to replace him while they are competing for a title, Samuel and others cant do what Aiyuk can as a boundary WR so there is no obvious replacement on the Niners roster, the closest they have is probably Jauan Jennings and youre not winning a title with him as your featured boundary WR. Blasphemous for me to say but i think Ricky is off with this unless its Pickens coming back or some sort of three team trade where the Steelers give the Niners a pick and they use it to trade for another teams WR1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

his leg now? or what it looked like in hospital after the flesh-eating bacteria infection that put him in a coma and had some of his Dr's recommend amputation. because ive seen the latter in the doco on his recovery.
that documentary on his recovery was pretty confronting. I remember the part with his wife breaking down saying she isn't going home to her kids without him. Pretty heart breaking really

I knew his injury was bad but never realized it was that bad

Then is daughter was diagnosed with cancer, absolute shit for their family

Niners dont have much leverage. Ayuik wants out, is holding out/in. Point of Steelers trading for him would be to pair with Pickens. Niners will have to accept a high draft pick and some other player they could still be happy to get.
John Lynch should be fired for gross mismanagement if they trade him just for a 2025 pick 3 months after the draft

If they are trading Aiyuk they need someone to replace him while they are competing for a title, Samuel and others cant do what Aiyuk can as a boundary WR so there is no obvious replacement on the Niners roster, the closest they have is probably Jauan Jennings and youre not winning a title with him as your featured boundary WR. Blasphemous for me to say but i think Ricky is off with this unless its Pickens coming back or some sort of three team trade where the Steelers give the Niners a pick and they use it to trade for another teams WR1.
Remember they are glowing about Pearsall as a replacement for Ayuik, probably why they traded for him. Imo it'll be Freirmouth or D

Remember they are glowing about Pearsall as a replacement for Ayuik, probably why they traded for him. Imo it'll be Freirmouth or D
Pearsall is a slot WR/Deebo replacement, not an Aiyuk replacement.

John Lynch should be fired for gross mismanagement if they trade him just for a 2025 pick 3 months after the draft
Niners love drama. The one they created around Lance pick and now Ayuik when they couldve got more prior to draft too

if we went off every one you want fired than no one would last more than 6 months in any job

if we went off every one you want fired than no one would last more than 6 months in any job
So as a Niners fan, would you rather have traded Aiyuk during the draft and replaced him and still competed for a title this year or happy to not worry about this season, vets get another year older and find your new WR1 next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back