NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have thought it's a good thing to choose players that suit your scheme?

The guy is a 5th round rookie who broke the rookie receiving record and he's overrated 😂

It's not like people are fawning over him, he's only got an 84 rating in Madden. Pretty sure the general public knows he's quality, but not the be all and end all

Plastic LA franchise.

Hordes of celeb "fans" who won't be seen at games when they put a couple of 7-10 seasons on the trot.
Sure, but for a team given to Australian international market, Rams much better/funner than being given a number of other franchises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

b378c96bf4412e0d44d4b016eb4c04bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

"Given"

In what sense are they now Australia's team?
All 32 teams were asked to submit up to 3 countries a few years ago. Rams were the only ones to list Australia

All 32 teams were asked to submit up to 3 countries a few years ago. Rams were the only ones to list Australia
Ok. They picked Australia.

Doesn't really answer my question. What makes them Australia's team now? I'm not suddenly seeing an influx of Rams fans where there wasn't any before. Are they going to play a game here? Is Sean McVay going to do the Voice Australia? Or are they going to do the usual and trot the third string QB out in the offseason to do a promotional tour

Doesn't really answer my question. What makes them Australia's team now?
No one is saying Rams are who Australians support now. And that wasn't the context of the NFLs idea. Obviously you're going to have fans of multiple teams in every city/state/country (even your own).

The point of the idea was to allow each team a "responsibility" to cater to that market, help spread the game, etc and the counter to that is "flooding" that market with that teams merch and viewable games.

Keep in mind the NFL has opened or will be opening an NFL pathways center in each of those countries too. One recently opened in the UK and one in the Gold Coast.....where locals are taught the game, etc, and establishing flag football leagues too.

All a way to bridge international countries to American football, and that entails a bridge from football teams to the markets they've elected to service.

Doesn't really answer my question. What makes them Australia's team now? I'm not suddenly seeing an influx of Rams fans where there wasn't any before. Are they going to play a game here? Is Sean McVay going to do the Voice Australia? Or are they going to do the usual and trot the third string QB out in the offseason to do a promotional tour
That gave the Rams exclusive marketing rights to the region.

and will likely be the home team and promoted team if they play a game down here. There was talk the MCC is trying to get a regular season game played at the G

If they string a couple of really good seasons together, they'll have a shit ton of new fans. The blokes who decided they were Patriots fans 20 years ago but suddenly in need of a new team

Rams dont even have fans in LA. they are not going to get fans here.

We are not dumb enough to pick the only team they market. People pick teams for their own reasons not because the NFL or whoever tell us who to pick.

Rams dont even have fans in LA. they are not going to get fans here.

We are not dumb enough to pick the only team they market. People pick teams for their own reasons not because the NFL or whoever tell us who to pick.
No, Chargers have no real LA fans. Rams have always had a good following in LA. They spent 50+ years there before leaving for StL, and there was always a contingent leftover. It's similar to Gold Coast in Aus, entertainment town with many people moving there originally from other parts of the US/Aus, not as devote as cities with that one dyed in the wool team. But the Rams fanbase will grow, that's LAs team. Chargers should go back to San Diego.

As for Australia....Rams will pick up tons of fans because the name LA is renowned/dreamy, and when theres a saturated Rams merch market here, people will buy their gear and a portion of those will claim them as their team.

No, Chargers have no real LA fans. Rams have always had a good following in LA. They spent 50+ years there before leaving for StL, and there was always a contingent leftover. It's similar to Gold Coast in Aus, entertainment town with many people moving there originally from other parts of the US/Aus, not as devote as cities with that one dyed in the wool team. But the Rams fanbase will grow, that's LAs team. Chargers should go back to San Diego.

As for Australia....Rams will pick up tons of fans because the name LA is renowned/dreamy, and when theres a saturated Rams merch market here, people will buy their gear and a portion of those will claim them as their team.
Both have no fans. Stafford's wife was buying tickets and telling others to stop selling to other fans because it was like a road game and the Rams had to use a silent count at times.rams had fans in St. Louis. La don't care about them. It was a fad for a few weeks when they were on the SB run.

They didn't show up to the coliseum and once SoFi new stadium gloss wore off they didn't care either.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back