NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If Joe Milton ends up long term starter, the Pats will be closer (QBs with first name Joe).

Ryans is also building a good new culture, and their offense isn't all that bad tbh. They'll be like the Texans 2023 in a year or two.

Browns have an excellent D, but Watson seems to have lost his mojo ever since the scandal.

Steelers have an excellent D and now have R.Wilson (a two-time SB player) with a point to prove. New OC. Consider Tomlin has taken his team to the playoffs recently with a mostly geriatric Roethlisberger and shithouse Pickett.
The Steelers arent winning a superbowl with 2024 Russell Wilson this year or any other year.

Steelers are closer to a SB win than either Patriots or Browns....is what I was trying to emphasize. True, yes?

Are they thou ? To win a Super Bowl you need a good qb the one thing Steelers don’t have. They have dangeruss and one read fields.

Rather have browns and patriots qb rooms.

I bet you both Steelers end up with a better record this season than both Pats and Browns, at the very least....and good probability they make the playoffs too

A better record in 2025 and beyond is arguable. But this season they'll be closer to a SB by virtue of that better record/playoffs.

I bet Aiyuk concludes that too in terms of why he prefers to be traded to the Steelers.

I bet you both Steelers end up with a better record this season than both Pats and Browns, at the very least....and good probability they make the playoffs too

A better record in 2025 and beyond is arguable. But this season they'll be closer to a SB by virtue of that better record/playoffs.

I bet Aiyuk concludes that too in terms of why he prefers to be traded to the Steelers.
I dont think you understand, the Steelers have to be the best team in the league to win a superbowl, anyones guess when that happens next, but it wont be with Russ as the QB.

I dont think you understand, the Steelers have to be the best team in the league to win a superbowl, anyones guess when that happens next, but it wont be with Russ as the QB.
I understand that. But the same goes for Pats and Browns ...they have to be the best team in the league. Steelers are closer to being best team in the league (this season) than either Pats/Browns. And it's more likely they'd be closer again in 2025. Russ might be older and nearer the end, but he's still a far better and more playoff credentialed QB than Brissett/Maye/Watson/Winston.

I understand that. But the same goes for Pats and Browns ...they have to be the best team in the league.
Thats why I said.... "its hard to say". The Steelers could easily be better than both of them for the next 10 years and not win one then one of the Browns or Pats could .....and they were therefore the closest

the longer the 9ers drag out the Aiyuk trade the less he is worth because the more chances his price goes up when Dallas fold and break the bank on Lamb. 9ers also need to fix Williams contract so surely they want to know what their cap looks like sooner.

The more a team has to pay in a contract the less they want to give up in trade compensation since they know they are overpaying on the contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aiyuk will do a hamgstring in the first month anyway.

Steelers should do a 3rd round pick that can be a 2 if he plays over 85% of snaps or they make playoffs.

They could of had pick 20 if they made a move in March/April.

Chiefs are fallible. And all it takes is another team upsetting them in playoffs that opens the race in the AFC. Like when Bengals when Bengals beat them and ended up seeing Rams and Stafford as best team in the league (even tho they probably werent that season).
Ok, you dont have to be the best team but you have to get hot at the right time and be one of the better chances heading into the playoffs still. The Steelers havent won a playoff game in ages, try doing that first. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

Your alot higher on steelers than I am. I think Tomlin is closer to first losing season than making the playoffs.

Your alot higher on steelers than I am. I think Tomlin is closer to first losing season than making the playoffs.
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Steelers aren’t going to the playoffs. With or without Aiyuk. I expect the Browns to finish above them in the division this year and for Tomlin to quit after their first losing season. Their D is their strength but they had quite a few things go right in so many close games. That trend isn’t going to continue.

they had quite a few things go right in so many close games. That trend isn’t going to continue.
Warren Sharp said the same, hes isnt expecting the luck to continue.

Warren Sharp said the same, hes isnt expecting the luck to continue.

They get home cooked officiating.

They didn’t face a QB1 in many of those one score wins from last year. I think they only faced 1 division game against a QB1.

Until they find their own QB1 in the draft, they are looking at a few glorious years of finishing below the Browns….

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back