2024 Off-Topic Chat Thread - time for a title update šŸ˜

Remove this Banner Ad

This makes it even sadder

Further on this, this thread is a particularly sad read. The owners should be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they would be.

Further on this, this thread is a particularly sad read. The owners should be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they would be.

It's just sad

I remember in primary school (grade 4 or so) that we were taught how to bet on the Melbourne cup - we were each given "$20", the odds on each horse and we could bet on the win, placing etc - that's actually pretty messed up on reflection & doubt it would be permitted now days

Growing up, horse racing was seen are this magical industry and I know there's some people fully invested in it, but it's definitely something I've turned away from and I don't even enter Melbourne Cup sweeps anymore - not a supporter of horse racing or greyhound racing. My cousin has a greyhound that was a failed racer - hate to know what would have happened to Honey if she wasn't adopted

Thinking we need to start seeing more of these stories so we can all be educated as too what life after racing is really like for these horses

Someone decided to mock the OP with the comment I posted above, but as someone said to them - all it takes is one story to start

Black Caviar was such a loved horse in this country, so maybe this is the story needed to start talking about things

And as for Lucie (who you posted), based on this comment I don't think she was ever suited to working for a Murdoch paper and she's much better off out of that environment

1723943539824.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Off-Topic Chat Thread - time for a title update šŸ˜

Remove this Banner Ad

Back