Summer 2024 Paralympics - Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
A bit of a mixed bag for the Aussies on Day 1. Our top ranked wheelchair rugby side lost a close battle to GBR, 58-55. And our men’s wheelchair basketball side lost 66-55 to the Netherlands. Thomas Gallager won our first gold in the mens 50m S9 freestyle, with Crothers winning a bronze in the same race. Brendan Hall also picked up a bronze, and Lakeisha Patterson got silver.

Day 2 highlights:

Lots of action at the rowing with plenty of Aussies up tonight. Para athletics starts with several Aussies in action. Keira Stephens is back in action again in the women’s 100m breaststroke, and Hodge is in action again. Men’s wheelchair basketball side has a chance for immediate redemption against Spain, as do the wheelchair rugby side who take on home nation France.

• 4:30: Women’s archery – Two Aussies in the 1/16 elimination round
  • 5:00: Para athletics begins
  • 5:40: Para rowing begins
  • 7:00: Cycling session begins
  • 7:30: Wheelchair tennis, Parker and Weeks in action.
  • 8:15: Wheelchair basketball – Australia vs Spain
  • 11:00: Men’s archery - Two Aussies in the 1/16elimination round
  • 3:00am: Wheelchair rugby – Australia vs France

The vision impaired long jump always amazes me. The faith you need in yourself and your coach, I can’t comprehend.
It all takes courage, but yeah, the highly vision impared athletes have to have a lot of faith in those supporting them.

I like how in swimming someone has to get a long 5m pole and tap them on the head or back to let them know they have 5m to turn or only have 5m left to swim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer 2024 Paralympics - Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back