News 2024 Paris Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

as we watch records for the slowest 100M sprint or swim...in which some athletes (if you could call em that) sink to the bottom because they don't know how to swim.
But THATS THE FUN OF IT!!!

I don't mind watching some skateboarding and its definitely a sport but its also not something that lends itself to watching or assessing against criteria the way gymnastics or diving is.
As an Olympic sport, it's bullshit. That and others, next we'll be having potato peeling on a timer.

As an Olympic sport, it's bullshit. That and others, next we'll be having potato peeling on a timer.
My nephew is a good skater. Has various sponsorships and does photoshoots for various mags. Might have done the odd video, is a machine on a skateboard always looks better than anyone else when he's skating. He thinks its a joke that skating is in the Olympics.

I don't mind watching some skateboarding and its definitely a sport but its also not something that lends itself to watching or assessing against criteria the way gymnastics or diving is.
I’m not a fan of the judging-based sports as a rule - but skateboarding has pretty well established competition system by now. Lots of skaters still don’t respect or have any interest in that side of things, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I think it’s probably here to stay considering after Brisbane that will be 4 straight Olympics. I will say that the form of skating best suited to the Olympics would be downhill - no judges, just race the clock.

I’m not a fan of the judging-based sports as a rule - but skateboarding has pretty well established competition system by now. Lots of skaters still don’t respect or have any interest in that side of things, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I think it’s probably here to stay considering after Brisbane that will be 4 straight Olympics. I will say that the form of skating best suited to the Olympics would be downhill - no judges, just race the clock.

That's unreal.

It reminds me of a couple of roads in Northern NSW except the roads in that vid are in much better nick. Are they eucalypts by the road on the hill? Sure look like it...

Yeah downhill skating would be perfect for the Olympics. You could work certain technical aspects into the track too. Like huge gaps to jump/ollie and other gaps with rails to grind over.

I had the same thought. I wonder if she said something to her students prior to the Olympics something along the lines “I bet you I can be the most memed athlete at the games” or some shit. It’s almost the only logical explanation. I reckon she’s single-handedly destroyed the future of breakdancing at the Olympics, so thanks for that I guess.
I'm wondering if its a very sophiosticated piss take.

Convinced someone wanted to go " viral "

I had the same thought. I wonder if she said something to her students prior to the Olympics something along the lines “I bet you I can be the most memed athlete at the games” or some shit. It’s almost the only logical explanation. I reckon she’s single-handedly destroyed the future of breakdancing at the Olympics, so thanks for that I guess.
Did laugh at that.

Honestly I hope you're right about her attitude cos if she took herself seriously she might not get over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 Paris Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back