Resource 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order (updated throughout trade period)

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is for the 2024 Draft Order. Some of these picks were traded as future pick trades in the 2023 trade period.

Through the trade period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible, but I am one person so please be patient.

I have also set up threadmarks on the round updates, and will do the same through the trade period as picks change hands. This allows you to put the thread in reader mode, only seeing updates, or to jump back and forth to particular trades that may be of interest. To access this feature please use the button at the top right corner of the thread.

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

To embed this elsewhere on the forum please copy and paste the code below:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1n1YAIVCRJySsA_ZndFNoSogTCA9CzQNQdTZjCge_KMg[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Hey Lore - without wanting to be a smart arse you’ve got 2x pick 21 in your draft order

Think Sydney should be 22 not 21 then everyone else pushes back one spot thereafter

I knew a girl like that. Kept repeating being 21.

I swear she was telling people she was 21 for about 5 years.

Alex Neal-Bullen (Melb) to Adelaide in exchange for pick 28 New

Alex Neal-Bullen (Melb) to Adelaide in exchange for pick 28.

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 17.39.19.png

Jack Darling (WCE) to North Melbourne in exchange for pick 67. New

Jack Darling (WCE) to North Melbourne in exchange for pick 67.

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 17.41.05.png

Richmond receive Band 4 compensation for Jack Graham New

Jack Graham joins West Coast as an unrestricted free agent, and Richmond receive Band 4 compensation, at the end of the second round (currently Pick 42).

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 15.45.09.png

There is nothing more infuriating than when people/posters dont understand the scenarios around F/S and Academy bids, and how it impacts the picks being pushed back.

For example: Western Bulldogs supporter "Pick 25 isnt too much for Caleb Daniel because of the F/A and Academy bids will mean it will be 28, and thats fair."

THE WESTERN BULLDOGS WILL STILL GET THE 25TH BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE TO THEM!

Does my absolute head in.

Pick swap: Brisbane trade pick 20 to Richmond in exchange for picks 32, 42, 43, and 45. New
Carlton trade 34 and 66 to Brisbane in exchange for pick 73 and a 2025 F2 (Bris) New

Carlton trade 34 and 66 to Brisbane in exchange for pick 73 and a 2025 2nd round pick (tied to Brisbane)

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 13.04.33.png

The 2025 draft order is tracked here:

Hawthorn trade pick 14 to Carlton in exchange for a 2025 F1 (Carl) and a 2025 F2 (Carl) New

Jack Darling (WCE) to North Melbourne in exchange for pick 67.

View attachment 2134400

Lore just looking at this tweet, why did the AFL say 67 when it should be 63?? and then after Graham compo handed out after Darling deal, 63 becomes 64.

You don't have anything for this compo pick in your draft order spreadsheet.

I make it that Rd 4 ends at pick 79;
4 x 18 = 72
plus 2 North Melbourne priority picks handed out last year
plus 5 compo picks - Battle, Perryman, Cumming, Graham and Darling
= 79

Your last pick in Rd 4 is Brisbane 78 but traded to Gold Coast last year so Gold Coast has pick 78.

Lore just looking at this tweet, why did the AFL say 67 when it should be 63?? and then after Graham compo handed out after Darling deal, 63 becomes 64.

You don't have anything for this compo pick in your draft order spreadsheet.

I make it that Rd 4 ends at pick 79;
4 x 18 = 72
plus 2 North Melbourne priority picks handed out last year
plus 5 compo picks - Battle, Perryman, Cumming, Graham and Darling
= 79

Your last pick in Rd 4 is Brisbane 78 but traded to Gold Coast last year so Gold Coast has pick 78.
Why would it be 63? North had 67 and traded it to West Coast.

That pick was originally Essendon's 4th round pick, which was traded to Port Adelaide as part of the Duursma/Zerk-Thatcher trade. Port then traded it to North on draft night last year to move up the order for Tom Anastasopoulos. North has now traded it to Brisbane as pick 67, where it has become pick 68 due to compensation picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would it be 63? North had 67 and traded it to West Coast.

That pick was originally Essendon's 4th round pick, which was traded to Port Adelaide as part of the Duursma/Zerk-Thatcher trade. Port then traded it to North on draft night last year to move up the order for Tom Anastasopoulos. North has now traded it to Brisbane as pick 67, where it has become pick 68 due to compensation picks.
Ok my bad I thought it was a compo pick.

I read somewhere earlier today that Darling was a compo pick not a trade. Should have read the tweet closer.

Thanks for correcting me.

Ok my bad I thought it was a compo pick.

I read somewhere earlier today that Darling was a compo pick not a trade. Should have read the tweet closer.

Thanks for correcting me.
All good, I'd rather be questioned and double check my work than have errors in there where there should be none 🤣 Everyone who posts here and asks questions is part of the team that makes this resource as valuable as it is :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order (updated throughout trade period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back