Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Who played well for the Blues vs the Lions in Round 0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Special mention to Carroll came in a did his job .. well done young man .. when we needed you came
In with flying colours .. we have some serious depth
In a side that was fumbling the ball around, his rapid fire reflexes and clean grabbing of the ball was the Midas touch.

Great fight by the players. It shows alot of growth has happened in mindset over the last 12 months. You can have all the skills in the world but if the mindset isn't there you will never be a finals team.

First time I've seen something to work with from Carroll. Let's hope it's the beginning of something for him. I thought he added a different element to our midfield when he was in there, which I believe we need otherwise we are to easy to read

I also think that even tho he had a stinker of a game Docherty should get some credit for the second quarter turn around. He brought structure to the backline and directed everyone to their role. It calmed things dramatically

Also small shoutout to Young, he wasn't a stand-out and made some silly errors but I think he played a role and was our best Defender in the first quarter. Hopefully that builds some confidence in him. Daniher isn't an easy ask to play against

That was our 2023 season condensed into one game. Go blues.

Haha, that is so true….

2023 season also had an atrocious first third, a blistering dominant middle third and a tight contesting but winning final third.

What a complete representation in one game. Well spotted!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did I say in the preview?
cost of living something need a haircut something something oh shit, there's a brown snake in here something hopeful..........

Credit to Orazio late too, he put on a pretty flat chat chase on some Lions bugger running out of our F50. The Lion was surprisingly quick and he couldn't catch him but considering he's made of rice paper it was good to see the effort.

Shout out to all the Preseason naysayers!! Interesting to see them all over tonight's massive win, great to see. But ffs turn down the panic stations over reactions to a practice game, see it for what it is, we'd have lost by 80+points according to your version of reality!
You know who you are, own your narrative, tonight's team had no resemblance to either practice team.....
Hanwell vindicated!!!!
We have been burnt too many times, throw in the preseason games with the 1st 1 1/2 quarters tonight and you would be forgiven for wondering if that run last year was all they had to offer.

Should be a massive result for the confidence of the group, you are probably not going to have a tougher task then chasing down a 46 point lead at the gabba to a top 2 side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Back