Autopsy 2024 Rd 5 Blundering Blues give game away to Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought with the way we finished last year that we had a good chance this year. Although we all would have taken 4-1 after round 5. I’ve not been convinced with the way we have been playing.

The next month or so will tell us where we are really at and unfortunately I’m thinking it’s middle of the pack.

Not sure what is going on with all these injuries but it can’t be a coincidence that this happens every damn year.

But on today’s game bad kicking is bad football we had more than enough chances to win and we didn’t. Shouldn’t not have lost it when we were 3 goals up with 8 minutes left but some really bad mistakes cost us big time.

Not worried about the Owies touched or not goal. It didn’t effect the out come as there was plenty of time left in the game and we had enough of a lead to win it.

My heart can’t keep taking all these one goal or less margins. Yes it’s nice to win the close ones but you got to put teams away at the same time.

Hopefully it’s a bit of a wake up call for them but only time will tell.

Awful experience being at the ground, the writing was on the wall very early and we honestly did not deserve to win.

Full credit to Adelaide, they’ve had a shocking start to the year but played with dare and took their chances. They were terrific.

Pretty shattered to be honest, spectacularly confirmed a few things that I’d been suspecting about how we are currently travelling as a club.

Sorry mate but respectfully I disagree. I actually thought TDK and Pitto were among our best players and gave us plenty of opportunities to get our game going. The midfield probably only broke even - both sets of midfielders played pretty well - the problem was the defence and forward line. Both lines were guilty of not playing the percentages and/or making fundamental errors.

Tom was okay, but he is better with a clear role as the number 1. Pitto had some moments but 8 touches and a goal (which he won’t get most weeks) is just hurting us in other areas. He isn’t Gawn or Jackson who demand respect around the ground. Adelaide’s run and carry between the arcs killed us today and we were alarmingly slow.

No side will go unbeaten this year, nor does any side have the perfect list
Yrue - but thsi was a game that SHOULDN't have been lost. Ther are a few games coming up that WWE will lose and lose BIG.

We are up against it in the injuries/player availability aspect..

We cant carry the permanently injured types any longer ..Martin, Marchy and Cunners in particular are very good players but hardly available for selection.

And when we get a few additional injuries it really hampers the team we are able to put out on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom was okay, but he is better with a clear role as the number 1. Pitto had some moments but 8 touches and a goal (which he won’t get most weeks) is just hurting us in other areas. He isn’t Gawn or Jackson who demand respect around the ground. Adelaide’s run and carry between the arcs killed us today and we were alarmingly slow.

Two rucks limits McKays influence and reduces us by one more runner.

Its not what Pittonet brings (which is barely okay) but it’s how it effects the rest of our side

Pittonet papers are stamped. I’m not convinced his clearance work even matters anymore. We just look better with the extra runner, and TDK needs to play solely in the middle to be at his most effective.

Ollie Hollands lost every single 1 on 1 contest today. Doesn’t stick tackles. He’s not a good user of the footy. And he is not hard at the contest.

I just hope there’s some players coming back next week because I’d be making at least 4 changes.

OUT: Saad (hammy), McGov (hammy), Pittonet (dropped), O Hollands (dropped), Fantasia (dropped).
Ollie went at 83% disposal efficiency. I thought he went ok today?

Eh after the game everyone’s emotional and understandably vents…cathartic release and all that
Right, so we should just accept that as a standard response

Yrue - but thsi was a game that SHOULDN't have been lost. Ther are a few games coming up that WWE will lose and lose BIG.

As a said during the week, most sides are +/- at a similar level

Disappointed to say the least
Pitto replaces Cerra, absolute terrible decision
Worrying for me is the rising injury toll.
Vossys mantra has been like for like. Then Cerra comes out and he replaces him with a lumbering giant, wtf. Ollie is a great trier and does some good things. But, he should be playing in the VFL. He is consistently ragdolled, because he is 6 or 7 kilo's underweight. Orazio should also not be in our team. He does not do near enough and he is not kicking goals.

Stupid play with McGov on the field.. imagine Martin and Marchbank were playing. Ollie will get another undeserved game as we’re now scraping the barrel.
Disagree

Ollie was good in my opinion.

I know we shouldn't have lost but we will get better and improve and we will be there when the whips are cracking.

Looks like the optimists have turned to pessimists in just one game
Also need to be realistic on the balance of probability not going to keep winning every game by a goal.
l think most of us would have expected 4 out of our 1st five, the expectations are rightly to be top 5, particularly now based on the age & experience profile of our list.

Long season ahead but ongoing injuries are a major concern.

So 4 and 1 still better than anyone predicted

How is predicting

Brisbane -- loss
Richmond -- win
North -- win
Fremantle -- win
Adelaide -- win

Not equal to that?

We won a game I thought we shouldn't have and let a golden opportunity at 5-0 slip.

Not sure how "4 and 1 is still better than anyone predicted" when the majority would have predicted the result we have now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 5 Blundering Blues give game away to Crows

Back