Discussion 2024 VCE VCD Project, Footy team Logo, Jersey and Pavillion

Remove this Banner Ad

bigbruceyboy

BRUCE!
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi All,
I am currently doing my VCD folio for yr 12 and am nearing the end of the project. I am designing the Logo, Jersey and Pavilion for a new EFNL team the Wonga Park Kangaroos. I am 2-3 weeks away from having my design finalised, so I have attached my pitch presentation that I showed to designers this week. Any feedback is welcome as I want the most complete look for the project, the two-toned blue needs to be included in the design. That is the only thing that has to stay consistent.
Lots of Love xx

Attachments

• lachie abel pitch pressie-compressed.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 134

I'm fairly certain I did the equivalent subject in SA for year 12, and one of my projects was designing a sports team logo, i think the idea for your logo is strong, but the logo doesn't look finished to me yet, i am not sure about the black outline, i think the logo looks better without the stroke. I also think the font could use a bit of work, with that said I really like the 'K' which could possibly be manipulated to looke like a kangaroo.

Sorry if this is too harsh, it looks good though and the architecture work looks pretty good.

I'm fairly certain I did the equivalent subject in SA for year 12, and one of my projects was designing a sports team logo, i think the idea for your logo is strong, but the logo doesn't look finished to me yet, i am not sure about the black outline, i think the logo looks better without the stroke. I also think the font could use a bit of work, with that said I really like the 'K' which could possibly be manipulated to looke like a kangaroo.

Sorry if this is too harsh, it looks good though and the architecture work looks pretty good.
Nah cheers mate, I have been told it would look better without the outline so I'll have a play with this. And what specically about the type do you think needs some work?

looks great! takes me back to my school days, just a bit of a pro designer tip, id space your pages out a bit and get consistent with your section headings and then sub headings, have them all in the same spot each page and have the section and sub heading on each page. Give your design process space to breathe, especially the sketches. Youve got all the elements just needs a tighter layout! Good luck!

looks great! takes me back to my school days, just a bit of a pro designer tip, id space your pages out a bit and get consistent with your section headings and then sub headings, have them all in the same spot each page and have the section and sub heading on each page. Give your design process space to breathe, especially the sketches. Youve got all the elements just needs a tighter layout! Good luck!

yeah they are a bit all over the shop, cheers man !

have you got any glaring feedback for the actual designs?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

yeah they are a bit all over the shop, cheers man !

have you got any glaring feedback for the actual designs?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd try a variant on the logo with a bolder line maybe thicker but to be honest showing the process is just as important as the final product so if you are happy where you ended up and show it it will help you.

Youve got some good treatment but i would also be very clear on your final logo and if it has any variants on differnt background, similar to this tassie idea (sorry not mine but good example)

Potential Tassie logos! : r/AFL Potential Tassie logos! : r/AFL 640 Ă— 360

I'd try a variant on the logo with a bolder line maybe thicker but to be honest showing the process is just as important as the final product so if you are happy where you ended up and show it it will help you.

Youve got some good treatment but i would also be very clear on your final logo and if it has any variants on differnt background, similar to this tassie idea (sorry not mine but good example)

Potential Tassie logos! : r/AFL Potential Tassie logos! : r/AFL 640 Ă— 360
yeah i will do something like this for my final presentation board to showcase the logo on different backings, cheers man

did this last year and got a merrit, looking good but do a full on analylis look at your font the options how it works with the logo and what style of font and shape and orentaion works best, the wordmark is a key element of logos it should be discussed, i do agree the idea is right but the logo needs more polishing, i don't know if this will help you but i got final products produced as well (it was a requiement in art) which was a jersey and the logo as stickers, i would say try adapt diffent ideas and themes for jerseys such as a retro kit, or indginous if you can, maybe anzac also, on top of that look at apparal such as beanies jumpers and polos

as part of the devlopment process you shoud look at other logos and talk about what you like and what ideas you can adpat into this, this also applys for everything else as well, photos, with the elements highleted with text explaining this will help, you need to show a devlopment process of how you ended up with you final ideas and what helped you with that, also include refences for all photos and other things used

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did this last year and got a merrit, looking good but do a full on analylis look at your font the options how it works with the logo and what style of font and shape and orentaion works best, the wordmark is a key element of logos it should be discussed, i do agree the idea is right but the logo needs more polishing, i don't know if this will help you but i got final products produced as well (it was a requiement in art) which was a jersey and the logo as stickers, i would say try adapt diffent ideas and themes for jerseys such as a retro kit, or indginous if you can, maybe anzac also, on top of that look at apparal such as beanies jumpers and polos
yeah i am going to get the jersey and hopefully a scarf made.

and specific ideas for the logo as I am struggling to come up with ways to make it look more polished

yeah i am going to get the jersey and hopefully a scarf made.

and specific ideas for the logo as I am struggling to come up with ways to make it look more polished
i would try strictly keep to the club colours, that goes for the kangaroo as well, this is what i ended up for with my logo
1723176997618.png
albeit this was for an afl concept had to make it fit in
(yes the rams text was taken from the old la rams logo)

Hi All,
I am currently doing my VCD folio for yr 12 and am nearing the end of the project. I am designing the Logo, Jersey and Pavilion for a new EFNL team the Wonga Park Kangaroos. I am 2-3 weeks away from having my design finalised, so I have attached my pitch presentation that I showed to designers this week. Any feedback is welcome as I want the most complete look for the project, the two-toned blue needs to be included in the design. That is the only thing that has to stay consistent.
Lots of Love xx
This is great, are you from the area? I live less than a km from Wonga Park so pretty surprised to see this pop up here haha. Always thought that North Croydon-MLOC "Kanga Rams" should just ditch the double branding now that they've been out of the VAFA for a few years and become just the North Croydon Kangaroos, but this is the next best thing :)

Reckon you've nailed the colour scheme, two-tone blue + white is a killer look and faithful to the short-lived Wonga Park that played one season in the EFNL, then transferred to the Outer East League (and weirdly renamed to North Croydon?). Have never seen a real image of that Wonga Park side playing so the wikipedia icon will have to do as a source haha.

Logo wordmark looks great, maybe slightly widening that gap between the W of Wonga and the K below it to match the spacing of the other part of that word element. It also looks like the "Wonga" and "Park" are two different sizes? Which I would suggest making them the same.

Last edited:
This is great, are you from the area? I live less than a km from Wonga Park so pretty surprised to see this pop up here haha. Always thought that North Croydon-MLOC "Kanga Rams" should just ditch the double branding now that they've been out of the VAFA for a few years and become just the North Croydon Kangaroos, but this is the next best thing :)

Reckon you've nailed the colour scheme, two-tone blue + white is a killer look and faithful to the short-lived Wonga Park that played one season in the EFNL, then transferred to the Outer East League (and weirdly renamed to North Croydon?). Have never seen a real image of that Wonga Park side playing so the wikipedia icon will have to do as a source haha.

Logo wordmark looks great, maybe slightly widening that gap between the W of Wonga and the K below it to match the spacing of the other part of that word element. It also looks like the "Wonga" and "Park" are two different sizes? Which I would suggest making them the same.

Yes I live in wonga park, and yeah was doing some research on the EFNL and found out about the short lived team. Tried to find an original logo but couldn't. and cheers for the feedback!

Yes I live in wonga park, and yeah was doing some research on the EFNL and found out about the short lived team. Tried to find an original logo but couldn't. and cheers for the feedback!
Reading the Croydon North-MLOC website where on their history they state: "In 2019 Mt Lilydale Old Collegians football club sought a merger with Croydon North football club which used to be in the Yarra Valley Mountain District Football League 20-odd years ago."

The Croydon North Football Club were apparently a Veterans-only side all that time, so if that's to be believed that means Croydon North-MLOC is the original or at least the successor to the Wonga Park Football Club that played 1 year in the EFNL, moved to the YVMDFL and was reduced to playing as a single Vets side until 2019.

Have wanted to give it a crack since learning this a couple years back and ask the club themselves if they have any trace or even memorabilia of the old North Croydon/Wonga Park club left. If you're game enough to ask would be pretty interested to hear what they say :)

EDIT: Found some more history on that Vets side that carried the North Croydon name on their website to confirm this https://www.croydonnorthmloc.com.au/veterans-history

Including a Wonga Park-esque jumper they wore embedded on the page
1723600818987.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 VCE VCD Project, Footy team Logo, Jersey and Pavillion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back