Discussion 2024 VCE VCD Project, Footy team Logo, Jersey and Pavillion

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading the Croydon North-MLOC website where on their history they state: "In 2019 Mt Lilydale Old Collegians football club sought a merger with Croydon North football club which used to be in the Yarra Valley Mountain District Football League 20-odd years ago."

The Croydon North Football Club were apparently a Veterans-only side all that time, so if that's to be believed that means Croydon North-MLOC is the original or at least the successor to the Wonga Park Football Club that played 1 year in the EFNL, moved to the YVMDFL and was reduced to playing as a single Vets side until 2019.

Have wanted to give it a crack since learning this a couple years back and ask the club themselves if they have any trace or even memorabilia of the old North Croydon/Wonga Park club left. If you're game enough to ask would be pretty interested to hear what they say :)

EDIT: Found some more history on that Vets side that carried the North Croydon name on their website to confirm this https://www.croydonnorthmloc.com.au/veterans-history

Including a Wonga Park-esque jumper they wore embedded on the page
View attachment 2078883
that gives me an idea for a kit for this theme

Reading the Croydon North-MLOC website where on their history they state: "In 2019 Mt Lilydale Old Collegians football club sought a merger with Croydon North football club which used to be in the Yarra Valley Mountain District Football League 20-odd years ago."

The Croydon North Football Club were apparently a Veterans-only side all that time, so if that's to be believed that means Croydon North-MLOC is the original or at least the successor to the Wonga Park Football Club that played 1 year in the EFNL, moved to the YVMDFL and was reduced to playing as a single Vets side until 2019.

Have wanted to give it a crack since learning this a couple years back and ask the club themselves if they have any trace or even memorabilia of the old North Croydon/Wonga Park club left. If you're game enough to ask would be pretty interested to hear what they say :)

EDIT: Found some more history on that Vets side that carried the North Croydon name on their website to confirm this https://www.croydonnorthmloc.com.au/veterans-history

View attachment 2078883
So much history for a local club 😮, I have gone to the Football club recently for a home game and had a snop around but couldn't find anything of intrest.

I am keen to remake that jersey as a retro jersey, hopefully I can find a supplier to produce it 🤞

Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 11.01.40 am.png Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 11.02.00 am.png
Heres the finished pavilion model, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make a physical model that accurately displays the features of the building?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I may make a minor suggestion regarding the jumpers, a big part of graphic design is making sure you’re following branding guidelines. There’s a couple spots where I think you could make minor changes to follow them just a little bit more, and if you mention it somewhere along the way your teacher may notice and possibly even give you better marks.

First up is the EFNL logo. On non-white backgrounds, the league logo doesn’t use white text. It is exclusively used with a thick white outline. There’s a transparent version of the logo with this outline at this link. Underneath that should be the league’s sponsor, Eastland, with either black or grey text on a white background. I have a funny feeling they use the inverse on white bases but I can’t find conclusive proof. I’m not super familiar with the EFNL (NFNL is my domain) and the league has too many teams for me to manually check. Nonetheless, this is what it should look like.
IMG_6158.jpeg

Next up is the manufacturer. The EFNL has three approved uniform manufacturers. Sherwood, X Blades and Puma. Mentioning that you had to use a correct manufacturer might score marks for attention to detail. I would suggest using Puma for a few reasons. It’s a simple logo and not too distracting, they make the best stuff, and their template looks somewhat similar to the Yellow Images one you’ve used. The page where I found the information was here.

I really like the identity you’ve crafted here, hopefully this’ll net you some really good marks, best of luck for when you submit it!

View attachment 2078883
Crazy that I stumbled across this thread. I played junior footy for this club when they were in the DRJFL in Under 10s and 12s back in 2002-2003.

Won four games across two years.

I captained one day against Damian Monkhorst's son, up in Woori Yallock, who was already 6'3" at 11 years old.

I didn't know they'd joined the EFNL, but then again, it's been 20 years.

Great folio and work so bigbruceyboy , love to see Wonga Park repped anywhere. I grew up in Croydon Hills just around the corner and my best mate was a Wonga boy. Keep it up!

Crazy that I stumbled across this thread. I played junior footy for this club when they were in the DRJFL in Under 10s and 12s back in 2002-2003.

Won four games across two years.

I captained one day against Damian Monkhorst's son, up in Woori Yallock, who was already 6'3" at 11 years old.

I didn't know they'd joined the EFNL, but then again, it's been 20 years.

Great folio and work so bigbruceyboy , love to see Wonga Park repped anywhere. I grew up in Croydon Hills just around the corner and my best mate was a Wonga boy. Keep it up!
Amazing haha this is why I love BigFooty. Tried to search for the DRJFL but didn't turn up anything, is that Dandenong Ranges Junior Football League? Interesting they were in that league since I believe the EDFL juniors have been around since the late 80's.

So many of those Monkhorst boys running around the EFNL/Outer East League, enjoyed watching Ryley tear it up in ruck for Balwyn for a couple years. A couple of them have bounced around the local area Sth Croydon and Mooroolbark.

Any photos of your time playing as a junior? Particularly interested if the kit differed much from what I've been able to uncover :)

Amazing haha this is why I love BigFooty. Tried to search for the DRJFL but didn't turn up anything, is that Dandenong Ranges Junior Football League? Interesting they were in that league since I believe the EDFL juniors have been around since the late 80's.

So many of those Monkhorst boys running around the EFNL/Outer East League, enjoyed watching Ryley tear it up in ruck for Balwyn for a couple years. A couple of them have bounced around the local area Sth Croydon and Mooroolbark.

Any photos of your time playing as a junior? Particularly interested if the kit differed much from what I've been able to uncover :)
Yep, Dandenong Ranges. We played against Woori Yallock, Olinda, Wandin, Emerald, Warburton, etc.

I’m sure I have some photos lying around at mum and dads place, it was a standard vertical stripe kit for the first year with light blue and navy stripes, the second year was basically 1999 North Melbourne from memory.

I’ll head over there this weekend and see what I can uncover!

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 VCE VCD Project, Footy team Logo, Jersey and Pavillion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back