2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

An 18-year drought is over. Frankston will finish with more wins than losses for the first time since 2006. We've got one foot in the finals now, and unless we get unlucky with some upcoming results, we will more than likely be there for the wildcard.
Congrats well deserved , i wonder how the ex coach felt

An 18-year drought is over. Frankston will finish with more wins than losses for the first time since 2006. We've got one foot in the finals now, and unless we get unlucky with some upcoming results, we will more than likely be there for the wildcard.
Gotta be happy for Frankston. I always thought it was pretty cool having a VFL team down there and growing up in the 2000s for much of it they were stand alone which I thought was awesome. They deserve it all especially after what they've been through this past decade.

It gives hope yet for the other stand alones especially Coburg and Northern Bullants once they get sorted off field.

And yeah well done for making it beyond the H&A season Frankston but let's be real, they are just making up the numbers. Haven't beaten a team above them and been smashed most of those times. Gets another crack at a team above them next week but they are only past H&A because they have been doing the job against the poor sides. Just facts

Last edited:
And yeah well done for making it beyond the H&A season Frankston but let's be real, they are just making up the numbers. Haven't beaten a team above them and been smashing most of those times. Gets another crack at a team above them next week but they are only past H&A because they have been doing the job against the poor sides. Just facts
Might be facts but you can only play whats infront of you!

Port failed again after an off season that gave optimisim and hope ahead of a season that ended up becoming all all hype...

Hird aint going to save your club regardless

Port failed again after an off season that gave optimisim and hope ahead of a season that ended up becoming all all hype...

One thing Hird will do is have the playing group respect him.. that in itself will change a fair bit of onfield performance..

And yeah well done for making it beyond the H&A season Frankston but let's be real, they are just making up the numbers. Haven't beaten a team above them and been smashed most of those times. Gets another crack at a team above them next week but they are only past H&A because they have been doing the job against the poor sides. Just facts
No one down here is pretending this is a premiership side. Yeah, our results against the top 6 haven't been great but at the end of the day we're winning more games than we'll lose this year. As for the draw, it's never been equal or fair ever since the interstate clubs came in which meant some teams didn't play each other. Not our fault the competition is poorly run.

Find something better to do than try and bring down a club that's celebrating some measure of success after being on the brink of collapse less than a decade ago.

No one down here is pretending this is a premiership side. Yeah, our results against the top 6 haven't been great but at the end of the day we're winning more games than we'll lose this year. As for the draw, it's never been equal or fair ever since the interstate clubs came in which meant some teams didn't play each other. Not our fault the competition is poorly run.

Find something better to do than try and bring down a club that's celebrating some measure of success after being on the brink of collapse less than a decade ago.
Supporters of stand alone clubs potting other stand alone clubs and those who support them are the lowest. Regardless of pokies or not all clubs are in the same boat and may not be around for much longer

Supporters of stand alone clubs potting other stand alone clubs and those who support them are the lowest. Regardless of pokies or not all clubs are in the same boat and may not be around for much longer
Ghee got some fickle people here. if you can't handle facts, ignore what's said? And I dont think I said anything about can't celebrate making finals or was "potting" lol.... just stated a very obvious fact that they are making up the numbers and likely will bow out straight away. Nothing wrong with being a realist. Also I dont "support" anyone as such, just call things as they are

Well making up numbers nothing port need worrying about as been crap all year. If not for Miller and Gown port would have been annihilated last night. Gees the bloody pre season hype of all these new recruits blah blah. Went through them last night and half of them never played a bloody game! 150th year we have imploded. Last night was a disgrace for the club, Reds 150th, half our side couldn’t get over 10 disposals, Franga had 13 goal kickers just a joke. Total clean out needed. Ps Hoops sends his regards to everyone at the club. FFS. GM will probably draft a Jacinta Allan memo to members and supporters hiding facts and just talk ‘mushrooms’
Port would be a better chance of beating a top side compared to Frankston, shown it 3 times to Frankston's 0. Difference the teams seasons is that there are more shit teams compared to top teams and Frankston have been able to put the trash out whereas Port have jumped into it lol

Ghee got some fickle people here. if you can't handle facts, ignore what's said? And I dont think I said anything about can't celebrate making finals or was "potting" lol.... just stated a very obvious fact that they are making up the numbers and likely will bow out straight away. Nothing wrong with being a realist. Also I dont "support" anyone as such, just call things as they are
And that is my point. Nobody of sane mind at Frankston is thinking we'll do more than bow out in the first round (maybe win the wildcard if we play our best.)

We don't need reminding of the fact that we're not going deep in September and I fail to see why you think we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port would be a better chance of beating a top side compared to Frankston, shown it 3 times to Frankston's 0. Difference the teams seasons is that there are more shit teams compared to top teams and Frankston have been able to put the trash out whereas Port have jumped into it lol
You serious mate? We're about to break our finals droubt while Port's season was cooked less than halfway through the year.

You serious mate? We're about to break our finals droubt while Port's season was cooked less than halfway through the year.
Pre this round cause there are still 2 games, your record against top 7 v bottom 7.. and Ports record against top 7 v bottom 7.. any idea what those look like? My point exactly.

This is the same Port that we have comfortably beaten twice, yeah?
Yeah the same one that beat Geelong, who absolutely smashed you, and smashed Williamstown who you also lost too. Btw, 1 qtr made the margin last night. Dont get too "comfortable". You had your 4 best mids playing and Port had 1 of their 4 best. So savour it while you can, I highly doubt we'll see it happen again next year..

Yeah the same one that beat Geelong, who absolutely smashed you, and smashed Williamstown who you also lost too. Btw, 1 qtr made the margin last night. Dont get too "comfortable". You had your 4 best mids playing and Port had 1 of their 4 best. So savour it while you can, I highly doubt we'll see it happen again next year..
Genuine question, why do you hate Frankston? You come in here without any prompting just to remind everyone that we're not a top side (as if anyone thinks we are) and can't admit that Port lost because they're shit.

Get bent. I'm not wasting any more time on you 🙂

Genuine question, why do you hate Frankston? You come in here without any prompting just to remind everyone that we're not a top side (as if anyone thinks we are) and can't admit that Port lost because they're shit.

Get bent. I'm not wasting any more time on you 🙂
I dont hate Frankston. I just dont get 'celebrating' over an extra game? What real benefit is it? It's like making a GF and losing, achieved nothing. Didnt realise your opinion matters more than someone else's but not even surprised from someone down that way to think that.

No one told you to reply either lol, you are the bent one getting your knickers in a twist hahaha

Who knows what the future will bring, you sound a little too confident that Port Melbourne wont get out of this stale patch, perhaps u know something that we all dont ?

Port has shown that they can recruit quality but have underperformed last three seasons as a club, a new coach may be the answer. Assuming Bedfords sources are correct and Hird is appointed you would imagine greater player retention and acquiring greater quality during the off season, that definitely wouldn't harm our chances of significant improvements- the off field benefits would also be huge.

Although the shine has slightly come off as being a destination club due to ordinary seasons i still feel Port can and will recruit well. Who knows next season may be another of falling short on huge expectations or it could be one that elevates Port into more familiar territory but to automatically assume that the club cant get back up there with Hird (or any other quality coach) i feel is a presumptuous and premature.

No good anyone defending Port's season in any way, it's been shithouse and the coach should not have got another year !
Good luck to Franga
Like majority of non wearing coloured glass Port supporters, you are correct. Yes Gowers and Miller been fantastic and without them we would have been annihilated but what about 7 of our recruits couldn’t get more than 7 disposal and 5-6 didn’t even get a game. That’s not good recruiting so a clean out of our bottom 15-20 must occur before real supporters get going. Oh also apparently Hoops sent GM a postcard, wondering if she could share!😂😂

No good anyone defending Port's season in any way, it's been shithouse and the coach should not have got another year !
Good luck to Franga
No doubt, i think most Port fans would agree and felt let down from the re appointment as it sent a message of accepting lowering standards.

No doubt, i think most Port fans would agree and felt let down from the re appointment as it sent a message of accepting lowering standards.
I know a few players that were hoodwinked and couldn't believe how bad and abusive he is, then the bullshit that the family is moving to Queensland , that's a cop out after being told it's done .

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back