2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

G Whizz it was bloody chilly at Willy today, strong southerly breeze straight off the bay, white caps galore. The strong cross wind caused havoc with the footy skills.

It was a game Willy had to win after 2 straight losses and they did without ever looking likely to lose. Good first quarter to the scoring (fort) end had the Bullants always chasing the game. Willy had a few back and looked better than recently.

The Bullants have improved since last season, last year at Willy they lacked skills but at times today won and moved the ball quite well on a difficult day to play good footy. Quite a lot of Bullant supporters there too. Bit of life there yet, good on them.

Big game at Werribee next week for Willy, going to be tough to beat those upstarts,

Port Melbourne looks like it still can't win interstate.

Yet to win in QLD/NSW since the competition included those NEAFL teams in 2021.

Yet all other stand alone clubs have done so thus far

Went to Piranha Park and saw a horrible game. Very cold, very windy. Very very poor crowd. Burgers have lost 4 games by under 3 goals.

Attachments

• IMG20240616130945.jpg
    IMG20240616130945.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
Port Melbourne looks like it still can't win interstate.

Yet to win in QLD/NSW since the competition included those NEAFL teams in 2021.

Yet all other stand alone clubs have done so thus far

Have we even come close (within 2 goals) - Aspley punished us 21, Southport suprised us after we went into the match relatively confident G.W.S. both occasions by a margin..

I too am interested in hearing about these changes that Bedford has mentioned.

Have we even come close (within 2 goals) - Aspley punished us 21, Southport suprised us after we went into the match relatively confident G.W.S. both occasions by a margin..

I too am interested in hearing about these changes that Bedford has mentioned.
Aspley's only win ever too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were around 1200 (counted) at the Fearon Reserve Williamstown for a VAFA B Section game between the two bottom sides, Williamstown CYMS and St Bedes Mentone Tigers. It was a very competitive game of football.

Good crowd, is that usual for a vafa match ? More than most vfl games

Good crowd, is that usual for a vafa match ? More than most vfl games
Correct, MA.
There was also a past players' reunion; it was a magnificent day by the Bay.
Whenever the VFL plays at home the same day as the VAFA in Williamstown, many supporters (of both clubs) head from the VFL to the Fearon Reserve (VAFA) for refreshments, a 10-minute walk.
Such supporters of both clubs have said occasionally that the Ammos had a better crowd, although I must admit that it is only occasionally.

What changes??
He means change of coach, which is pretty obvious - i think he himself realises its coming especially after stating he had built the basis of a very good side in the 2 seasons prior and all we needed was to fill some key positions (which we did) and then well be strong enough to play finals. Most believe he was very fortunate to be there this year after performing worse than his first year and moving further away from the target in year two.

The only way i can see him keeping his job is winning the next 7 games straight, thats not gunna happen, we wont win the next 1 game straight.

Last edited:
Could James Hird coach Port

He definitely could and would be a huge asset except that he is not interested in coaching at the moment... who knows that could change but most unlikely. Ild think one of the existing coached would get the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back