2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Might see some interesting results with this Melbourne weather
Was cold and rainy down at Franskton today. Between the weather, the start time, and Gold Coast having no supporters, today was one of the worst-attended games at Frankston that I can remember.

Thought we'd be in with a chance under typical Melbourne weather, but Frankston just did not handle the conditions well at all. Far too many handballs in slippery conditions. Despite that our attack on the ball was superb and we did enough to be in the contest until the last quarter when Gold Coast blew the game open.

Unfortunately this spells the end of any realistic finals chances. Hopefully this lets some of the pressure off the team and they can simply focus on refining their process. Grey and Smith will apparently be back into the team soon and aside from Footscray, our remaining matches are all winnable. In my view this is now pre-season 2025. Finish the season strongly and find what it takes to get most of these guys to sign on for another season, and next year I think we'll be in a good spot.

Essendon beat Collingwood in cold and wet conditions. They completely dominated the 3rd QTR. The playing surface is unbelievable.

Attachments

• IMG20240629142039.jpg
    IMG20240629142039.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
No mention of another upset win from the Borough yesterday against another top team on their deck? Guess ppl beat up on them when going bad but no one says anything when doing better..

No mention of another upset win from the Borough yesterday against another top team on their deck? Guess ppl beat up on them when going bad but no one says anything when doing better..
I was too busy sulking over Frankston's finals hopes being killed.

Nigel Carmody did mention it in the coverage

The graphic was also missing Sydney vs Werribee game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on this scheduling for Saturday?

VFLW Semi: Western Bulldogs vs Port Melbourne at Whitten Oval 1pm
AFL: Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs at Adelaide Oval 1:45pm
VFL: Werribee vs Footscray at Avalon Airport Oval 2:05pm
VFL: Port Melbourne vs Essendon at North Port Oval 2:05pm

Stupidly its called Mission Whitten oval

What's the big deal about Port vs Essendon being the same time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back