2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Got over 25 names of just key position players from top 8 sides. Out with injury and only a handful of those guys are returning within the next month

As David King like to say health is your best friend

With less than a day to the game, Collingwood vs Geelong game has moved from Victoria Park to AIA Centre.

Only if AIA Centre gets turned into an actual venue with spectator facilities. I'm sick of places like Arden Street which are nothing more than training grounds that discourage fans from going to VFL games.
Agreed, put work into AIA centre or make vic park private and have an actual grounds team

Werribee far too good for a very disappointing Coburg. Good to see the bees kick a decent score.

Attachments

• IMG_20240713_181035.jpg
    IMG_20240713_181035.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Frankston best Bullants by 28 points at Cramer St 13-14(92) to 10-4(64)

Frankston’s 7th win for the season - most in a season since last playing finals in 2008

Incredibly Frankston are 10th on the ladder

Frankston best Bullants by 28 points at Cramer St 13-14(92) to 10-4(64)
Frankston’s 7th win for the season - most in a season since last playing finals in 2008

Incredibly Frankston are 10th on the ladder
Outstanding for a coach, criticised at the best of times even when achieving successes like taking Dragons to an unexpected flag and the Suns VFL side to their first final series. Yet the jealousy from his peers and coaches who feel playing the game at the highest level stands for something when it comes to teaching.

Great for Frankston and Jackson!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding for a coach, criticised at the best of times even when achieving successes like taking Dragons to an unexpected flag and the Suns VFL side to their first final series. Yet the jealousy from his peers and coaches who feel playing the game at the highest level stands for something when it comes to teaching.

Great for Frankston and Jackson!
First I'm hearing about criticism of Jackson. When I first looked him up after he was announced as coach I only found good things said.

Only if AIA Centre gets turned into an actual venue with spectator facilities. I'm sick of places like Arden Street which are nothing more than training grounds that discourage fans from going to VFL games.
Arden st illustrates how little the North Melbourne Football Club thinks about the competition. Toilets locked, no food or drink available. Its nothing more than a training run for them and their set up deters fans and far from encourages. You have a better set up at country league division 4 clubs.

As for Frankston, very well done. Unlike Port Melbourne they have recruited no real big names and managed to put together a very competitive side. At the start of the season you wouldn't be criticised for thinking Port would do far better than the dolphins however the contrary is playing out and with a easy favourable run home it looks like Frankston has a great chance of playing finals again for the first time in nearly 20 years !!! Well done to all involved.

Arden st illustrates how little the North Melbourne Football Club thinks about the competition. Toilets locked, no food or drink available. Its nothing more than a training run for them and their set up deters fans and far from encourages. You have a better set up at country league division 4 clubs.

As for Frankston, very well done. Unlike Port Melbourne they have recruited no real big names and managed to put together a very competitive side. At the start of the season you wouldn't be criticised for thinking Port would do far better than the dolphins however the contrary is playing out and with a easy favourable run home it looks like Frankston has a great chance of playing finals again for the first time in nearly 20 years !!! Well done to all involved.
There is usually food at Arden Street, the Souvlaki truck which is expensive

Itd be great to see the Dollies in finals. They deserve it

Destiny is very much in our hands as far as finals is concerned. I'm still unconvinced that a 10-8 record will be enough without a percentage booster (which is why I wasn't happy with our second half yesterday.) So unless we somehow beat Footscray, there's still a strong possibility we miss out. That being said, I won't complain if we're 9-9 or 10-8 at the end of the year. Going from bottom four to just missing out on finals is a massive step forward.

Look where last years Frankston coach is !

Footscray beat Carlton by 9 pts in a pulsating match. I must say that the Whitten Oval looks fantastic. New stand looks good and the main entrance through the food court is good.

Attachments

• IMG20240714141355.jpg
    IMG20240714141355.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
Footscray beat Carlton by 9 pts in a pulsating match. I must say that the Whitten Oval looks fantastic. New stand looks good and the main entrance through the food court is good.

Hopefully later on they will still deal with the boundary line to fence space. But can understand they were mindful not to have the Ikon Park situation where theres no space for people on one side and have left it for later.

Hopefully later on they will still deal with the boundary line to fence space. But can understand they were mindful not to have the Ikon Park situation where theres no space for people on one side and have left it for later.
Hello BB, think the Dogs deliberately set the oval's length to be exactly the same as Marvel. Don't think they'll change it.

2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back