2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowlands 3 week suspension for a bump to the body. Tsitis, Lemmens and now this. Fk the VFL
Mate if you're gonna complain about VicBias, then look at Sam Weideman getting suspended for 3 weeks for something he should have had a free kick paid to him over.

Went to balmy Willy last night for the 5pm game v Tigers, crazy time for a game mid winter.

The wind and sleety rain, with the 7th and 8th ranked teams playing for a spot in the top 6 made for an arm wrestle and slog. The strong north westerly wind was blowing toward the bay but the Fort end was the scoring end. Only 2 goals were scored at the Grandstand end all night, one each.

Willy played their ground well as you would expect, strangled the Tigers on the bay wing for much of the 1st quarter and then attacked through the middle during the 2nd, getting 3 goals up at HT.

2nd half mirrored the 1st half, strong Willy defending and a goal against the "breeze" had Willy a few goals up at 3QT. Despite a Tiger rally early last, they were never going to win kicking to the non scoring end.

Then finished off a joyous day watching the Dogs at home with my heating on and a glass of Shiraz.

Last edited:
Port Melbournes CFMEU sponsorship in doubt?

Who knows mate ? They did 2 years and then another 3 therefore having them as major sponsors for 5 years isnt too bad. Major sponsors come and go so if it does end after the 5 year period then it wouldn't be a short lived partnership but having said that i feel a new major sponsor could be hard to get as playing performance hasnt assisted and the removal of Northport as a finals venue means that sponsors get less exposure. The other major sponsor ETU has been unaffected by the recent media attention.

Frankston get their third win in a row today and get back on a positive win/loss ratio. With an away trip to Coburg and a home game against Port coming up, there's a real chance to finish off the season with more wins than losses. Whether that gets us to finals or not, I'll be proud.

Shouldn't be troubled too much by either side. Coburg are a bit off the mark even though they play well in patches (should beat Port Melbourne today) and Port has a worrying amount of outs. Having beaten a near full strength Borough at Port earlier in the year i think that you have this one covered at home.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You genuinely couldn’t script that final term. 29 down early in the last, Coburg had 5 goals at 3QT and kick 6.0 in the last term to snatch victory from absolutely nowhere. In fairness to Port, the game was less of a choke than it seemed, I think the large margin at times was due to Coburg’s mistakes and the Lions just lifted after 3 less than inspiring quarters. Still, gotta be happy with a win like that. UP THE BURGERS!!!!

You genuinely couldn’t script that final term. 29 down early in the last, Coburg had 5 goals at 3QT and kick 6.0 in the last term to snatch victory from absolutely nowhere. In fairness to Port, the game was less of a choke than it seemed, I think the large margin at times was due to Coburg’s mistakes and the Lions just lifted after 3 less than inspiring quarters. Still, gotta be happy with a win like that. UP THE BURGERS!!!!
I had the faith always the burgers would get up even with that margin at 3qtr time.

Is that now curtains for the coach?
2/2 times now the borough under his guidance have given up a lead at Piranha Park in the wet like that.

Remarkable come back at Piranha Park. The Burgers kick the last 6 goals of the game to pinch the win. Absolutely brilliant 👍.

Attachments

• IMG20240721151721.jpg
    IMG20240721151721.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
I had the faith always the burgers would get up even with that margin at 3qtr time.

Is that now curtains for the coach?
2/2 times now the borough under his guidance have given up a lead at Piranha Park in the wet like that.

Theirs 3 games left, thell wait until seasons end before the club is moving un a different direction or due to a amicable mutual agreement port has parted ways blah blah post comes out.

Then again general consensus was that he wouldn't be here this year and they resigned him so all i know in the days of old Port would be led by a different coach but who knows how this committee thinks for all we know he could do some smooth talking with some sugar coating speeches and keep his job. My guess would be that next season Port will be led by a different coach but it won't be announced until the season is concluded.

Theirs 3 games left, thell wait until seasons end before the club is moving un a different direction or due to a amicable mutual agreement port has parted ways blah blah post comes out.

Then again general consensus was that he wouldn't be here this year and they resigned him so all i know in the days of old Port would be led by a different coach but who knows how this committee thinks for all we know he could do some smooth talking with some sugar coating speeches and keep his job. My guess would be that next season Port will be led by a different coach but it won't be announced until the season is concluded.
The bullshit is that ####s with no brains got rid of Gaz

Ports fade outs this year have been very concerning, could have won double the amount of games they have if they didn't struggle so badly in the last. I recall being in a winnable position against Carlton, Gold Coast, Casey, GWS and now Coburg before falling away late.

It's annoying, because this side thrashed Williamstown when they were second and beat both Geelong and Box Hill, so we know they have it in them.

Barry Kidd retiring started the rot, in my opinion. We used to be a very proud club, a lot of that has dropped away and we seem content to make up the numbers until we're squeezed out by the AFL.
Barry had to walk !
Hearing if the rebel union money doesn't come through the club is f'd financially

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back