2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Southport have signed Matthew Primus for the next 2 years as coach

I dont think you are giving Dolphins enough credit for the astute recruiting they have done.

Tom Murphy - Too good for local footy (played with Somerville Eagles in the strong MPNFL) and was attracted back to VFL
Jackson Voss - A good VFL player who was probably yearning for more responsibility at a stand alone club (local club Pines)
Tyson Milne - See above. A player who needed that great expectation on him to perform. Local enough to the area (Beaumaris)
Matt Johnson came across from Casey as another seeking greater opportunities.
Tap Campbell- Farah had offers to go to multiple clubs but ultimately decided to stay local to his boyhood club (Rye)
George Grey and Matt Johnson were both aligned to Casey but came across for greater opportunities and responsibilities. No body could have predicted the rise and impact both have had for the club.
Ready and Grant are both criminally under appreciated in VFL circles. For VFL big men they compete and that is all you can ask. (Ready Beaumaris Jnr, Grant (Mornington but did play juniors in VAFA)
Jack NEwnes moves to the area and was an astounding get as a strong influence to the group.
Ryan Quirk (Noble Park) wanted his opportunity.

One could argue the only two BIG signings were Trent Mynott and Noah Gown as both out of area and non local products. Mynott as a Bombers supporter was cut prematurely and would be well deserving of another shot at AFL football imho.

The list goes on, if anything, you could say last years list was far far superior in terms of top end talent (Will Fordham, Riley Stoddart, Will Walker, Kai Owen’s) was as good as any VFL talent that maybe, just maybe, it came down to coaching because this group is humming.
Yoda, I was not trying to discredit your players individually as I have only seen them twice this year and what I have seen I agree with above even to the extent of ex port player Bourke i think playing every game for you as well Johnson and Murphy I agree could easily be pumped up for draft opportunity and your backs in Voss Grey and Milne have many years ahead of them . My post was to lament that under our current coach as a team we only had 7 players who had played more than 20 games together. After three years and tonnes of recruit optimism we have to now rebuild especially as 7 of our latest recruits had 7 or less disposals. Good luck next few weeks.

Last edited:
Yoda, I was not trying to discredit your players individually as I have only seen them twice this year and what I have seen I agree with above even to the extent of a port reject in Bourke i think playing every game for you as well. Johnson and Murphy I agree could easily be pumped up for draft opportunity and your backs in Voss Grey and Milne have many years ahead of them . My post was to lament that under our current coach as a team we only had 7 players who had played more than 20 games together. After three years and tonnes of recruit optimism we have to now rebuild especially as 7 of our latest recruits had 7 or less disposals. Good luck next few weeks.
all good, thanks for your quality and polite reply mate :thumbsu:

Gonna be good to see Dolphins (hopefully) post season. Build on it and hope to hell the strong stand alone don't pillage the talent like they always do

I think we've Hird enough about all of this now.

True we have Hird enough of this, after Bedford said on two occasions that he will coach, total B.S.

Your sources also told you that if the union money doesnt come through we are stuffed, they forgot to tell you that they the sponsorship money was handed over last year. I think you need a new source of information Bedford, they keep lying to you !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True we have Hird enough of this, after Bedford said on two occasions that he will coach, total B.S.

Your sources also told you that if the union money doesnt come through we are stuffed, they forgot to tell you that they the sponsorship money was handed over last year. I think you need a new source of information Bedford, they keep lying to you !
Not at all , he did a fair bit of research calling many players of note , but didn't want to change work commitments , wouldn't be the 1st one to do that

Frankston are already announcing re-signings for next year. Trent Mynott has re-signed for 2025 and Taine Barlow has signed on for both 2025 and 2026.

Can't remember ever seing a two-year player commitment at Frankston.

Frankston are already announcing re-signings for next year. Trent Mynott has re-signed for 2025 and Taine Barlow has signed on for both 2025 and 2026.

Can't remember ever seing a two-year player commitment at Frankston.
Can’t remember sign ons announced before previous season finished.

Marketing department would be ecstatic letting that news out and diminishing any hype before 2025 season, I mean it’s only your CAPTAIN, to get members and supporters juiced! Don’t get too far ahead of yourselves.

Last edited:
Can’t remember sign ons announced before previous season finished.

Marketing department would be ecstatic letting that news out and diminishing any hype before 2025 season, I mean it’s only your CAPTAIN FFS, to get members and supporters juiced! Don’t get too far ahead of yourselves.
seriously what an atrocious comment. pull your head in

Obviously someone who is engaged in the VFL, knowing the history of a struggling club like Frankston surely you're privilege would respect the commitment Trent and Taine are showing the Dolphins would be more appreciated by opposition supporters

Obviously someone who is engaged in the VFL, knowing the history of a struggling club like Frankston surely you're privilege would respect the commitment Trent and Taine are showing the Dolphins would be more appreciated by opposition supporters
Frankston are trying hard to be the best they can in a very difficult competiton and them announcing the re contracting of their key players now before the wildcard rounds show how committed they are to success in the future.

With these players re contracted, players from other clubs they're talking to are now going to strongly consider joining them because they know they're going to hopefully be a good side over the next few years or so.

Don't waste your time indulging these flogs, honestly. They have a narrative that Frankston are a shit club and can't consider the possibility that we're actually going in the right direction. Not worth the time to try and convince them otherwise.

Also for what it's worth, Frankston announced six re-signings tonight:

Trent Mynott
Taine Barlow
Tyson Milne
Joe Lloyd
Tomoya Owens
Noah Gown

Considering the current season hasn't even ended yet, I'm not going to complain.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back